Tua: If He Does Play This Season? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua: If He Does Play This Season?

If the team is winning, I think that you should stick to Fitzpatrick, it would insulting to him not to stick with him... kinda a no brainer... I would still bring in Tua and have him play some as ultimately you're trying to groom the quaterback of the future... Miami took a risk with him...Sometimes I wonder if Herbert would have been a better choice based on Tua's size and injuries...But as a Alabama fan; I hope he comes through for the Fins.. I love fins and Bama..I hope he ends up as a starting quarterback for years to come.. If he does, he will impress..

If the team is winning, I think that you should stick to Fitzpatrick, it would insulting to him not to stick with him... kinda a no brainer... I would still bring in Tua and have him play some as ultimately you're trying to groom the quaterback of the future... Miami took a risk with him...Sometimes I wonder if Herbert would have been a better choice based on Tua's size and injuries...But as a Alabama fan; I hope he comes through for the Fins.. I love fins and Bama..I hope he ends up as a starting quarterback for years to come.. If he does, he will impress..
we will see..with Tua.. it hard too judge QB..it lot factory that goes w qb.. right fits, play calling to his strengths..strengthen of team..herbert went to better situation..than Tua..idk if Tua need be groom..I think he can go out there do same thing as kyle murry.

You play Tua when you think he's ready to handle the job. If Fitz is playing that well then you trade him to a qb needy team that is still in contention. As far as the Dolphins are concerned their best interest is to have Tua enter and graduate from his NFL learning stage as soon as possible.

You play Tua when you think he's ready to handle the job. If Fitz is playing that well then you trade him to a qb needy team that is still in contention. As far as the Dolphins are concerned their best interest is to have Tua enter and graduate from his NFL learning stage as soon as possible.

Not bad in theory, but I doubt that happens in reality. Unless TT amazes from day 1, it will be hard to beat out RF in a handful of days. And I think we all expect RF to get most of the snaps. In addition, as many have said, unless RF severely disappoints, the starting job is his. Don't underestimate the level of confidence RF earned from the team last year. To lose his job, he'll have to lose that confidence - players AND staff

Is it bad thing start TT.. and let him learn on go like, Murry,Burrow, Arnold and Allen's. RF ok we all know he is going get replace at sometime this yr.we are not in same situation as K.c was with Alex Smith and Mohomes. Smith still went 13-3 or arron Rodgers and Favre..favre and Smith were pretty good and great qb. So I feel we should let TT play. He was best qb in college football coming out. Thete is no guarantee TT is going succeed.. he need game experience either this yr or next pressure is going be twice more to win 2021..

Interesting quote from Jordan Palmer re Tua and Fitz...

Speaking on “The Herd with Colin Cowherd” on Friday, former NFL quarterback Jordan Palmer explained why he believes Tagovailoa will benefit from Fitzpatrick’s presence.

“I know Tua and I also played with Ryan Fitpatrick,” Palmer said. “The value doesn't show up on your fantasy stats….it's all behind closed doors. As good as some of the coaching is in the NFL at the quarterback position, if you lined up 100 quarterbacks and asked, who did you learn the most football from, the majority of these guys would name a veteran player before a coach. When you have a Ryan Fitzpatrick, you have gold. Better than a great quarterback coach, better than a good right tackle, is someone who can help in every phase of the game.”

Interesting quote from Jordan Palmer re Tua and Fitz...

Speaking on “The Herd with Colin Cowherd” on Friday, former NFL quarterback Jordan Palmer explained why he believes Tagovailoa will benefit from Fitzpatrick’s presence.

“I know Tua and I also played with Ryan Fitpatrick,” Palmer said. “The value doesn't show up on your fantasy stats….it's all behind closed doors. As good as some of the coaching is in the NFL at the quarterback position, if you lined up 100 quarterbacks and asked, who did you learn the most football from, the majority of these guys would name a veteran player before a coach. When you have a Ryan Fitzpatrick, you have gold. Better than a great quarterback coach, better than a good right tackle, is someone who can help in every phase of the game.”
Thanks for sharing that. Really interesting. Imagine he's also in the room with Dan.

He'll also get some really good beard grooming tips for certain.

Thanks for sharing that. Really interesting. Imagine he's also in the room with Dan.

He'll also get some really good beard grooming tips for certain.
I think u can start Tua day one. With good RB and he will be find.. have Fitzpatrick as his mentor and help him out on side line. To adjust to nfl as starter..dolphins need cut bs out and start Tua like burrow. So Tua can be ready for 2021 season..the key to dolphins find above avg qb.. the rest of position will fall into place..

Last edited:
I think u can start Tua day one. With good RB and he will be find.. have Fitzpatrick as his mentor and help him out on side line. To adjust to nfl as starter..dolphins need cut bs out and start Tua like burrow. So Tua can be ready for 2021 season..
I'm with you Wildman. Not sure on Game one but as soon as to Flores he's outperforming Fitz get him in there. He's completed 13 of his first passes in NFL to scrubs. No reason to not give him the highest level of opportunity. That will start with moving Blowsen to #2 and get tTua with some better WRs and then have he and Fitz switch out.

I think u can start Tua day one. With good RB and he will be find.. have Fitzpatrick as his mentor and help him out on side line. To adjust to nfl as starter..dolphins need cut bs out and start Tua like burrow. So Tua can be ready for 2021 season..the key to dolphins find above avg qb.. the rest of position will fall into place..
Totally disagree Wildman. No need to rush him. In this case, patience is a virtue. This is the time for Tua to observe and learn behind Fitz. It will also make him hungry to play. Let's leave the Lamborghini in the garage until we are confident that the O-line can adequately protect him.

I'm with you Wildman. Not sure on Game one but as soon as to Flores he's outperforming Fitz get him in there. He's completed 13 of his first passes in NFL to scrubs. No reason to not give him the highest level of opportunity. That will start with moving Blowsen to #2 and get tTua with some better WRs and then have he and Fitz switch out.
I think we all right for now but got upgrade wr next yr..

Totally disagree Wildman. No need to rush him. In this case, patience is a virtue. This is the time for Tua to observe and learn behind Fitz. It will also make him hungry to play. Let's leave the Lamborghini in the garage until we are confident that the O-line can adequately protect him.
Very few players learn being on bench..if you are good player. It will come out. After watching Kyle murry play last yr.. I know he is going be special if he dont get hurt..Tua dont need wait but Rosen need time to develop. That difference. I would rather used this season to get Tua ready for 2021..instead using 2021 to get him ready for 2022..who know how this is going play out. There no guarantee. I would rather roll dice Tua than Fitzpatrick. Why not have fitz on side line helping Tua in games. Fitzpatrick career is over..he is good back up. It just my opinion...

Last edited:
Very few players learn being on bench..if you are good player. It will come out. After watching Kyle murry play last yr.. I know he is going be special if he dont get hurt..Tua dont need wait but Rosen need time to develop. That difference. I would rather used this season to get Tua ready for 2021..instead using 2021 to get him ready for 2022..who know how this is going play out. There no guarantee. I would rather roll dice Tua than Fitzpatrick. Why not have fitz on side line helping Tua in games. Fitzpatrick career is over..he is good back up. It just my opinion...
Hey man. Not a personal attack but can we get you hooked up with a typing class? I can't understand some of what you're trying to say....

Back
Top Bottom