Tua: If He Does Play This Season? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua: If He Does Play This Season?

I'm looking forward to Tua leading this team for years to come, but I can be patient this year. When I consider Brady, Brees, Rogers, Mahomes all sat their rookie year, I'm not seeing a need to rush him.

Fitz was pretty good last year. Best QB play Miami has had since Marino retired given the context.

This article rated QBs based on 3 things: most comparative value, most accurate and most aggressive.

Most Comparative Value:

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami Dolphins
QB EPA: +25.2 (19th)
Team EPA: -213.4 (28th)
QB comparative value: +238.5

Carr might have had it tough in 2019, but that was nothing compared to Fitzpatrick's challenge in Miami. Fitzpatrick faced the third-highest offensive pressure rate (36.0%) behind a trade-decimated offensive line. His receivers dropped 38 passes, the second most in football. And even when they did catch his passes, his receivers averaged just 4.4 yards after the catch, fourth lowest in football. With the same circumstances, Josh Rosen produced a horrendous minus-63.0% passing DVOA and 18.4 QBR. Fitzpatrick's neutral 1.3% DVOA and top-10 66.5 QBR were miraculous by comparison, and spearheaded a 5-4 record in November and December for a team that, before he became the starter, was on track for a winless season.

Most Aggressive:

2. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Miami Dolphins: +4.0 ALEX
One guy who has never been afraid to cut it loose as a starter, Fitzpatrick had plus-1.9 ALEX for the Bucs in Todd Monken's Air Raid attack in 2018. His entire successful NFL career has always been predicated on throwing the ball up for grabs to talented receivers downfield, and the only negative ALEX he had in his career was with the Texans in 2014. DeVante Parker had a career season with Fitzpatrick, catching 15 of 27 third-down targets for first downs or touchdowns. Sure, there were some interceptions added to the mix. That's Ryan Fitzpatrick's game, baby. If he were accurate with all of them, you would have to pay him $25 million per year. Instead, you get to watch a man resembling a gigantic lawn gnome help your daily fantasy lineup. You're the real winner here, is what we're saying.

Hey man. Not a personal attack but can we get you hooked up with a typing class? I can't understand some of what you're trying to say....
What don't u understand..I feel that Tua should started day one.

start at least 4 games. You need to see if his hip can hold up b4 this class with 3 great Qbs

start at least 4 games. You need to see if his hip can hold up b4 this class with 3 great Qbs
Every yr there is great qb coming out..relax Tua need act lease 3 to 4 yr. To see what he can do first..

Tua has to learn the offense before he can start. Sounds like he has a way to go so far based on the limited info we are getting.

I think he’s going to be great for us but we need a little more patience with him.

I really hope Tua is the answer. I keep hearing Justin Herbert is very impressive...of course this is just training camp, no games.

I'll agree with one qualification . . . my change is bolded.
" So, when he is consistently outperforming RF, and Flores thinks the O line is at a point that Tua doesn't need to run for his life each play AND RF SHOWS HE'S THE OLD RF, in he goes." I have serious doubts Flo will pull RF is Miami is 3-1 or 7-2. I doubt fqans will see that, but I doubt Flo will pull a guy the team supports and has confidence he can win games.
I suspect even most of those who want to go slow with TT want him in ASAP. We can disagree over game 1, game 5, or game 10, but he has to play this season.
Hey man. Not a personal attack but can we get you hooked up with a typing class? I can't understand some of what you're trying to say....
Agreed, Anyone posting that Miami didn't draft him to be the #1 bench warmer is only looking at the short term.. If Tua and everything else lines up to give him an opportunity for success, Start him if he wins the job, but you don't throw Millions of dollars away if he has a more than average chance of getting hurt based on offensive line play, his own growth, and any set backs he might have.. I want to see him dominate, but give him a chance to learn the playbook, practice and earn the job...

Sounds like Tua really stunk up the field today. Omar Kelly says Tua has been slow to master Chan Gailey’s offense, you just hope the low wonderlic score doesn’t come back to bite us.

Sounds like Tua really stunk up the field today. Omar Kelly says Tua has been slow to master Chan Gailey’s offense, you just hope the low wonderlic score doesn’t come back to bite us.

Looks like Tua's typical practice at Alabama. I think he's going to be ok.

It's usually good for rookie quarterbacks to have bad practices - followed by sitting and learning for a year.

This guy was complete crap ------> https://www.nfl.com/news/patrick-mahomes-practice-struggles-don-t-worry-reid-0ap3000000934448

I will only say that I can only hope that this a short setback.. Being a Tua fan I have only seen him as everyone at the College level... That being said it would be heartbreaking to not see him succeed on the next level.. But I will not give him any breaks on his performance... He's a #5 draft pick and needs to show that he was worth it....

I know there has not been any preseason games but it looks like Tua has not been impressing. You hear Joe Burrow and Justin Herbet killing it in camps(yes I know there is no games or full training camp) but this does worry me a bit...... a tad bit.

Fans typically live and die with every report of an untied shoelace in practice. Especially on message boards. It's why they exist.

Just keep in mind that offensive coordinators prefer to install as much of their offense as they can. They're going to test the limits of the quarterbacks in practice to gauge where they are and determine what they're doing well and what they're not doing well. They'll use this to formulate and structure how much of the playbook is implemented, and what is discarded - to be introduced again further down the road.

It'd be hard to convince these coaches it's time to Tank for Trevor just yet.

Brian Flores doesn’t usually come out and say really anything negative about his players but that’s kinda what he did with Tua a few days ago. Seemed unimpressed and disappointed. The sky isn’t falling though, at least not yet.

Brian Flores doesn’t usually come out and say really anything negative about his players but that’s kinda what he did with Tua a few days ago. Seemed unimpressed and disappointed. The sky isn’t falling though, at least not yet.

Flores is a lot like Saban - he doesn't like to see mistakes from his quarterback. They'd rather be tied to a bumper and dragged down the street. Saban had to learn the hard way about Tua. So will Flores.

Furthermore, it's hard to be impressive when they're not even ready to let him do the most impressive thing he does. Throw it deep and accurate.

Back
Top Bottom