Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa reportedly doing drills to make himself faster and lose weight says trainer

Arm strength does mean something, that's why almost every NFL starting QB has it. Let's look at Tua another way, what could the Phins' expect to get if they tried to trade him this year............something equivalent to the 30-40th pick? Now what would be the trade value for these 8 AFC QBs...........Rodgers, Allen, Lawrence, Stroud, Mahomes, Burrows, Watson, and Jackson. Clearly, something more to much-much more than Tua. So after 4 years in the league, Tua would be rated the 9th most valuable QB in the AFC. Time to move on. If the Phins are going to compete in the AFC, they need an upgrade.
Ok .. sure it would help but does it make a QB great absolutely not pull your head out of your !@# and watch some vids the one above for instance . Tua makes those passes regularly with supposedly no arm strength so it`s obviously not affecting Tua not having this arm strength you say he doesn`t have .

Everyone hyped about a mobile QB needs to be careful what they wish for.

God, memory is such a fragile thing. Anybody wanna throw up a meme of ol' gang signs at moment of concussion seizure or whatever the fk happened to him Tua? We forgot about that ALREADY?

The last thing I wanna see is this motherfker take off with the football. Would it be nice to see him get at least 3 & step out of bounds or some sht like that (cuz I don't even trust him to slide non-awkwardly)? Sure.

But you know what? I'd rather dedicate more time and focus to getting better from within the pocket with reads. Because it looks like after his 1st read is not there, he panics. And you can tell from his movement. He becomes jerky- smooth a million moons away from his lexicon.

Hey, Tua, if you can pick it up on foot & do; thank you. We love you. We appreciate you. But please... don't. You have 2 of the best WRs in the game. Use them accordingly.

everything is a matter of perspective i guess. here is a video of tua playing golf in the PGA tourney that was in south florida about 2-3 weeks ago. believe it or not, he won the pro-am. kind of a sucky video, because the tour would not let them film from inside the ropes, and all the filming is done from the gallery outside the fairways. but watch a few minutes in, when you start to see tua, and you can compare his size to the other guys. trust me, the other guys are not small. one of them has about 190MPH ball speed (micah morris), which would make him close to #1 on the PGA tour. these guys all look tiny compared to tua. tua, on the other hand, compared to other guys in the NFL, including other QBs, often does seem kind of small. it is wild. having said that, tua is pretty thick, it does seem like he did get too thick. so maybe there is a happy medium between where he was, and where he should be for better mobility. tough for me to know, because even in his thick state in this video, he still moves the golf ball really well, and that requires flexibility and twitch.

Last edited:
Ok .. sure it would help but does it make a QB great absolutely not pull your head out of your !@# and watch some vids the one above for instance . Tua makes those passes regularly with supposedly no arm strength so it`s obviously not affecting Tua not having this arm strength you say he doesn`t have .
I did watch the vids of Tua going against Teams with winning records. 1-6, dude was dreadful.

All I know is, this thread started as Tua working on a problem area and people are bashing him, once again.

It's insane. Absolutely insane.
I didn’t get a chance to read every post but I believe most are trying to make sense of all this. The reason why he added the weight was so he can be durable for an entire season. I know he gets a lot of criticism for anything he tries to do to improve but most are trying to make sense of it. I hope it works out.

You Fellas with your cryptic messages. Can you provide some context?
Like i said take your own advise , why should i provide you with info your not willing to look for yourself . Alls you`ve said the whole time is a bunch of QB names Tua has a week arm and if we traded him we would get a **** pick . All your OPINIONS !! without providing more context .

He’s never going to be Lamar Jackson or any other elite scrambling QB. If he can just get back to this, he’d be much more dangerous/effective overall:

But PLEASE never do this again as fun as it was:

View attachment 164593

He's not fast, but what ppl don't realize is he is or was more athletic than people think. Until last season, Tua had a shiftness, with making guys miss in the open field which allowed him to get runs. Don't want him to do it too much, but he will have to do some more adlib stuff to prevent defenses, good ones on good teams from feeling they can stop him if they just jam WRs and mess his timing. As he'll just sit there and hold the ball and it's over instead of scrambling out or throwing on the run if need be to create a play. Now that he knows how to fall and showed he did well with it, he doesn't have to be as bulky like he was before

I didn’t get a chance to read every post but I believe most are trying to make sense of all this. The reason why he added the weight was so he can be durable for an entire season. I know he gets a lot of criticism for anything he tries to do to improve but most are trying to make sense of it. I hope it works out.
he did that before because he didn't nor anyone knew how he'd do to prevent concussions with his jui jitsu. So he bulked up to not get thrown around as easily. But what prevented it more was him being smarter but his ability to fall without slamming his head. His rolls and head tucking did help. I saw many times where he avoided banging his head when sacked from how he fell, compared to the past where I felt he would've slammed his head. So now with that improved he can get slimmer again since he did well falling to prevent injury

Couple things

Knock off any personal attacks. Go after what's posted not the poster or your post will be deleted

Also this is a positive thread about the guy who is our starting QB so if you are just here to poop on him move on to a different thread

Back
Top Bottom