Tua Tagovailoa working closely with WR Gary Jennings Jr. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa working closely with WR Gary Jennings Jr.

Finfan83nj

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Rookie quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has reportedly been working closely this summer with wideout Gary Jennings Jr., who the Miami Dolphins signed last season after he was cut by the Seattle Seahawks as a former 2019 fourth-round pick. Since both players are rehabbing injuries, that falls under the NFL's revised social distancing guidelines and they've been able to work together in South Florida at team facilities, according to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald, who reports on-field chemistry could be forming between the pair.

The smartest thing Jennings can do is buddy up with Tua. If he has rapport with Tua and Tua likes him, he’s golden. There is a decisiveness and sturdiness to Jennings that I like. I think he adds toughness.

I like Ford too, but more so with respect to mental toughness. We know how smart he is. But he’s good at making the clutch catch. It can’t be ignored. I really hope we keep those two.

I am curious to see how Chan utilizes everybody. I think Jennings can connect with Tua on decisive, quick twitch plays, e.g., up the seam coming out of the slot.

As a WVU alum/homer....I want to hear "Tua to Jennings TD!" For years to come!!

I watch some West Virginia games just because of where I’m located but if I recall correctly and I would love for you to correct me if I’m wrong; he is an absolute machine up the seam and in the middle of the field which is kind of Tua’s sweet spot. Tua can most certainly throw outside the numbers but because of the touch and his ball placement he’s much more of a quick pass throw in dimes over the second level in between coverage kind of guy and Jennings has the talent and he could be elevated by Tua’s abilities.

The smartest thing Jennings can do is buddy up with Tua. If he has rapport with Tua and Tua likes him, he’s golden. There is a decisiveness and sturdiness to Jennings that I like. I think he adds toughness.

I like Ford too, but more so with respect to mental toughness. We know how smart he is. But he’s good at making the clutch catch. It can’t be ignored. I really hope we keep those two.

I am curious to see how Chan utilizes everybody. I think Jennings can connect with Tua on decisive, quick twitch plays, e.g., up the seam coming out of the slot.

I think that’s an excellent point on Isaiah Ford, just the ability to stick around the way he has rather than jump around for possible opportunities shows that he wants to be here he wants to make an impact. You can never have too many guys with a hardnose mentality who can make the tough catches and get the tough yards.

You have Devante Parker who seems to be on the rise you have Preston Williams who has all the talent in the world and Mike Gesicki who is an athletic monster who seems to be coming into his own those are your highlight guys who will make huge catches in score touchdowns.

But like you’ve mentioned you need tough guys to get the catch over the middle on 3rd and six and that’s where Ford and Jennings could fall in.

Jennings has the build of a good slot type guy.

I was happy when they snagged him last year and I think he would have showed us something had he not gotten hurt.

I watch some West Virginia games just because of where I’m located but if I recall correctly and I would love for you to correct me if I’m wrong; he is an absolute machine up the seam and in the middle of the field which is kind of Tua’s sweet spot. Tua can most certainly throw outside the numbers but because of the touch and his ball placement he’s much more of a quick pass throw in dimes over the second level in between coverage kind of guy and Jennings has the talent and he could be elevated by Tua’s abilities.
Yes, very much so Jennings is a seam threat. It's was almost unfair at times with him and grier when on point. His out patterns and sideline catch ability is nothing to sneeze at either. I wanted Miami to grab him in the draft. I really feel we lucked out with Seattle letting go.
Right now Philly and buffalo coaches already acknowledged they made mistakes allowing us to sign howard and Lawson. Jennings is gonna be the 3rd!!

I think this will be Wilson's final year in Miami. He's a F/A after 2020. Grant could be on his way out as well, both Iggy and Jones can return kicks and could potentially replace Grant altogether. Ford and Jennings give Miami bigger options at the WR spot. Jennings just needs experience. He's in a similar situation to Ford. Ford stuck around and eventually proved himself. I think Jennings will eventually do the same.

I think this will be Wilson's final year in Miami. He's a F/A after 2020. Grant could be on his way out as well, both Iggy and Jones can return kicks and could potentially replace Grant altogether. Ford and Jennings give Miami bigger options at the WR spot. Jennings just needs experience. He's in a similar situation to Ford. Ford stuck around and eventually proved himself. I think Jennings will eventually do the same.
I'd much rather keep jennings and ford over grant and Wilson. Even if it means less production from wr this year while the young guys continue to develop.

I think we will have to be looking for explosion in the next WR's brought in. We have got the size; now we need gamebreaking speed.
I know Grant has it, but he has not been a game breaker often enough yet.

I really do like our receivers. There's a lot of versatility there. We have all kinds of speed with Grant, Wilson, Parker etc. We also, as pointed out above,have tough guys to go over the middle. How can you not love a guy like Isaiah Ford on your team. Whatever is asked of him, he does and does well. When Parker went down Ford looked just like him. I'm eager to see Preston Williams come back healthy and play with Tua!!

Back
Top Bottom