Tua Traits: What Can He Do That Fitzpatrick Couldn’t? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Traits: What Can He Do That Fitzpatrick Couldn’t?

I think the change I'd like to see is him making scoring look easy. Some teams just seem to be able to pick you apart. The screen passes always work. The throws to the flats get first downs. Then they hit you with 15 yard crossing plays. They mix in some runs up the gut, around the edge, and some jet sweeps. They just seem to have defenses on their heels. Everything clicks and looks so easy.

For a long time the Dolphins have had to be perfect on drives. Other than RF tossing the 50/50 ball that is. It was painful to watch them claw and fight their way down the field, only to have one holding call derail everything.

Think how many times Brady used to make you, as a fan, feel utterly defeated. No matter how hard we tried it seemed like our defense just couldn't figure out the right things to do. If he made me as a fan feel that way, imagine how the defense felt. That is what I hope Tua can bring to this team.

I want to see the look of defeat and despair in the eyes of DC's and the defensive players. I want to hear them say thinks like, " we were outplayed and out coached today" and "we didn't have an answer for them defensively today".

The progression is probably the biggest gainer we can possibly get from Tua.
Can't even begin to tell you while watching the all-22, how many plays are left on the field because of Fitz lack of consistent progression.
His progression rarely goes beyond his first two reads.

It could be because he doesn't trust in the OL who knows.

But it hurts this offense. He'd rather the short intermediate play to Ford that gets you 5-6 yards as opposed to the deeper 20+ yard play to Grant streaking on a post-route that could turn into a catch and run.

Against the Jets you can get away with that type of stuff. But when you're playing the Bills and Seattle and Arizona and the Rams you need those types of plays.

Last edited:
He can do the same thing Drew Brees does. We could have draft Drew Brees a long time ago. History repeats itself.
"We could have draft Drew Brees?" First of all, bravo. You've nailed it.

Secondly, how could we have drafted Brees? We couldn't have.

Stop pretending to know Dolphins history. We could have signed him in free agency, but the Miami doctors didn't sign off on his shoulder injury.

Stop pretending to know Dolphins history. We could have signed him in free agency, but the Miami doctors didn't sign off on his shoulder injury.

Um....

They "couldn't have"? Does the name Jamar Fletcher mean anything to you?

Yes, they certainly could have drafted Drew Brees.

Dolphins O-line need to protect Tua, if they allow Aaron Donald to dictate where they run those plays then it's all over, but the Rams are beatable.

Awkward...

Back
Top Bottom