Tua under center? RPO in play? Are we going to have two types of Offense's? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua under center? RPO in play? Are we going to have two types of Offense's?

Pompy

Starter
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see what kind of Offense we are going to run this year with possible Tua playing. Is Fritzpatrick going to start running all shot gun snaps or is Tua going to learn to take snaps under center? Hoperfully we'll find out soon.

I think Herbert ended up in SD.

I wonder when they will rename this the IPO ... Injury Pass Option?

Seriously, I don't want Tua playing in 2020 except at the end of the season in mop-up time. Let the kid heal. Then I'd rather not throw the 6'0 multi-surgeried 21 year old into the grinder doing RPO's. Let him be a pocket passer. At least for a couple of years until we know he's fully healed and not injury-prone. NFL LB's and SS's hit hard, and if the kid isn't built like a tank (and 5 surgeries proves he is not), then he shouldn't be on the receiving end of those hits if at all possible.

Here's an idea, draft a top shelf OT for his blindside, or wait until the exceptionally young and raw Jackson has a year or so to adjust his body and technique to the NFL. THEN we can worry about whether Tua can be a poor-man's Russell Wilson. Until then, the RPO is just suicide.

If I'm not mistaken, Chan Gailey was one of the early pioneers of the "RPO" before it became en vogue.

Fitz and RPO go Together like a vegetarian and cheeseburgers

I think people are confusing the Run Pass Option with the Option Read/Zone Read. Similar and some RPOs do have built in QB runs. But RPO is more or less plays with a built in run based on how the defense reacts

I was getting confused by some of these comments relating to RPO and Tua’s durability. Thanks for clearing that up for those that don’t know that RPO does not equate to QB keepers.

Back
Top Bottom