Tua vs Brees - A Camparative Analysis After Four Seasons | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs Brees - A Camparative Analysis After Four Seasons

It was quite the build-up with only a paragraph of actual stats. There should've been more stats to back up the comparisons.

I remember that off season too, I was convinced we were signing Brees. I was stationed in San Diego. I met Brees a few times on Base. He was always there and was so approachable and just a cool guy. He's really little lol...but I'm abnormal lol.

He was the decision that screwed our franchise up. Had we signed him, with Chambers, Ronnie, Ricky?, McMike and that 2nd round pick we could've had something special...no scam Cameron or Parcells/Henne era lol...too bad so sad.

Is that your website, hadn't been there before, thanks for sharing I will check it out bro.

Brees was the obvious choice, he finally turned the corner after the drafting of Rivers and was the hottest QB in the league before the shoulder in the last game.

Was a no brainer...

PS, Saban stayed in the Brees sweepstakes longer than he needed to and drove up the price on Brees for Nola, Sean Payton bidding against himself...

It was quite the build-up with only a paragraph of actual stats. There should've been more stats to back up the comparisons.

I remember that off season too, I was convinced we were signing Brees. I was stationed in San Diego. I met Brees a few times on Base. He was always there and was so approachable and just a cool guy. He's really little lol...but I'm abnormal lol.

He was the decision that screwed our franchise up. Had we signed him, with Chambers, Ronnie, Ricky?, McMike and that 2nd round pick we could've had something special...no scam Cameron or Parcells/Henne era lol...too bad so sad.

Is that your website, hadn't been there before, thanks for sharing I will check it out bro.
Nope not my website but Thanks!

I have had many a nightmare about your final sentence:

"just remember it could be worse."

People don't realize the totality of this statement and how true it has been for the Miami franchise for decades.
The premise of the article started out from the idea that the extreme Tua-haters, might be that way, bc they didn't live through the years, where our QBs were always holding us back.

Appreciate sharing your article. Respectfully, be careful of just pointing to stats without context to make a case for future success. For exampleā€¦

Tua in 2020-2023 had 12,236 yards and 81 TDs which is comparable to Brees.

Tannehill 2012-2015 had 15,460 yards and 84 TDs.

Herbert is same 2020-2023 span as Tua had a scorching 17,223 yards and 114 TDs.

1716556723648.gif

Good article, and obviously you are counting Brees first 5 seasons as he only played game his rookie year. The big diffrence I see of the 2 is during these compared stretches, Brees had 53 interceptions compared to Tua's 37. That is a 16 int difference, which is pretty significant. Also Tua played in 7 less games with these similar stats.

I think Tua has looked much better and more polished than Brees did in the early stages of their careers. However, Tua is going to have to step up big time to have a Brees type of career. With that being said, Brees really didn't become Brees until year 8.

Last edited:

Not only that, but Saban's legacy at Alabama probably never happens.
I do think Saban would have eventually figured it out here had he stayed
Zach and Jason's best years here were arguably the two seasons under Saban

Good article, and obviously you are counting Brees first 5 seasons as he only played game his rookie year. The big diffrence I see of the 2 is during these compared stretches, Brees had 53 interceptions compared to Tua's 37. That is a 16 int difference, which is pretty significant. Also Tua played in 7 less games with these similar stats.

I think Tua has looked much better and more polished than Brees did in the early stages of their careers. However, Tua is going to have to step up big time to have a Brees type of career. With that being said, Brees really didn't become Brees until year 8.
I was carful to not take the stance that Tua was ahead of Brees. That's just Tua hater fuel.

But your right, Tua statistically is a little bit better at this stage then Brees was. And I subtly did say first four years as a starter, bc like you said Brees barley played in his rookie year.

The tone of this comparison was to point out how foolish some of these takes are, "We should let Tua walk" - they have no idea how steep that cliff is their about to jump off of.

Thank you all for the feedback. I just started doing this after taking Journalism in college and then not using it for 20 years, so I'll admit I'm rusty and have forgotten alot, but I'm gonna dial it in.

Back
Top Bottom