Tua vs Brees - A Camparative Analysis After Four Seasons | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua vs Brees - A Camparative Analysis After Four Seasons

Appreciate sharing your article. Respectfully, be careful of just pointing to stats without context to make a case for future success. For example…

Tua in 2020-2023 had 12,236 yards and 81 TDs which is comparable to Brees.

Tannehill 2012-2015 had 15,460 yards and 84 TDs.

Herbert is same 2020-2023 span as Tua had a scorching 17,223 yards and 114 TDs.
Tannehill was 29- 35 in those years with 6.8ypa and 54 INTs if you want some more numbers

Nice article brother. I just would have liked to see a real analysis between them in their first four years numbers wise and strengths vs. weakness wise.
Here’s the numbers between them although I did Brees years 2-5 and Tua’s 1-4 or else it would have been an even bigger massacre since Brees didn’t play at all his rookie year.

Play style wise I think they are pretty similar both lack a cannon of an arm and rely on touch/anticipation and accuracy. Brees may of had a slightly stronger arm but it was nothing to brag about. Accuracy is about as even as it gets both guys had incredible accuracy. Tua’s anticipation is better and his release is a little faster.

What separates them the most currently is pocket presence and footwork. While Tua has great pocket presence in terms of not taking sacks it rarely translates into big gains. Brees was a master at quick little steps and while maintaining his footwork and structure to throw which is something Tua needs to work on.

It’s also important to note that Tua found his Sean Payton earlier. Brees didn’t really flash his true potential until Payton used him correctly and developed a system based around his strengths. Like Tua I’m not sure Brees is the same qb if he goes to almost any other coach. Some think that’s a reason to not sign Tua but it worked for the Saints. I don’t think that finding your perfect match is necessarily a bad thing.

Attachments

• IMG_8501.jpeg
    IMG_8501.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 23
The premise of the article started out from the idea that the extreme Tua-haters, might be that way, bc they didn't live through the years, where our QBs were always holding us back.
Yes exactly. This is why I cringe when people say "trade Tua" or "draft a qb", it's one thing to say you are still worried about his durability but the rest is just nonsense.

One could argue that Tua had the worst surrounding in their fist four years, coaching and weaponry.

Also both and did not have any mentors to learn from for any real length of time

Yes exactly. This is why I cringe when people say "trade Tua" or "draft a qb", it's one thing to say you are still worried about his durability but the rest is just nonsense.
For sure, Tua's accuracy is big time...

I have had many a nightmare about your final sentence:

"just remember it could be worse."

People don't realize the totality of this statement and how true it has been for the Miami franchise for decades.
The times, they are a 'changing. - LOL

Nice article brother. I just would have liked to see a real analysis between them in their first four years numbers wise and strengths vs. weakness wise.
It would be interesting to be "a fly on the wall" if and when Tua meets Brees. - LOL

Back
Top Bottom