Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

REPORT: After winning another Super Bowl, Mahomes working on contract with Kansas City to take less, create more cap space for Chiefs

Meanwhile in Mia: Tua likley getting new contract that will reset the market, after not winning anything, ever.

Heh!

'Isn't real'... oh it's real. It is however, elastic. You can borrow against your future years, but you do have to eventually pay off that loan. Unlike real life, you can't declare bankruptcy and walk away.

Heh!

'Isn't real'... oh it's real. It is however, elastic. You can borrow against your future years, but you do have to eventually pay off that loan. Unlike real life, you can't declare bankruptcy and walk away.
Really ?

Give contracts with the biggest numbers in the last year of the contract and redo or cut the player at that time

Use signing bonus as incentive

1*CfD7Y7LtZPfd_uFZNp0w6g.gif

Works for me

REPORT: After winning another Super Bowl, Mahomes working on contract with Kansas City to take less, create more cap space for Chiefs

Meanwhile in Mia: Tua likley getting new contract that will reset the market, after not winning anything, ever.
I hear you buddy but don't let it eat away at you. Not many QBS are named Mahomes...starting QBs get paid, and pro bowl QBs are stretching the market every time. I am hoping for a team-friendly. whatever that is, but something that is a bit backloaded with an out that doesn't sting too much. I would think the guarantee will be fairly hefty.

I am torn but think of it like this. The brass ain't throwing away the next year or two so they'll either pay Tua big or pay another guy like Cousins 40mil. Hell, Fields is projected at 47m at Spotrac. Who else putting up Tuas numbers is going to be cheaper, Zach Wilson> Russell Wilson? no thx. We'll ride or die with #1 in my opinion but we need more things than QB including some damn health luck and coach development. for instance:

The commonly cited figures on the post-June 1 split are $35.4 million in 2024 and $49.6 million in 2025. If Denver doesn't exercise an option bonus in Wilson's contract, however, it could take the post-June 1 split as $53 million in 2024 and the last $32 million in 2025

Marino won a afc east championship and a afc championship and Pennington won the afceast . What else Is there

Really ?

Give contracts with the biggest numbers in the last year of the contract and redo or cut the player at that time

Use signing bonus as incentive

1*CfD7Y7LtZPfd_uFZNp0w6g.gif

Works for me

It sounds good in theory... but then you end up with dead money hits like the 10m we lose on Jones next year.

...and I liked the can kicking. Lol

It sounds good in theory... but then you end up with dead money hits like the 10m we lose on Jones next year.

...and I liked the can kicking. Lol

Just wanted to get you in the conversation my friend :)

If I ran the team... I'd have Tua play on his current contract, then tag him in future years.

It couldn't cost any more, and it would give us an easy out.

But the team may have a higher opinion of Tua than I do.
Wouldn't we save a bit by having a salary low and a bonus high helping with the cap situation vs paying him the 40m tag? I don't know the answer but I think it will clear some cap.

One reporter said a way to do it could be to give him something that would provide two years of security at a rate in the range of $40 million, with the ability to either move on after 2025 or to continue the arrangement at a much higher commitment.

Wouldn't we save a bit by having a salary low and a bonus high helping with the cap situation vs paying him the 40m tag? I don't know the answer but I think it will clear some cap.

One reporter said a way to do it could be to give him something that would provide two years of security at a rate in the range of $40 million, with the ability to either move on after 2025 or to continue the arrangement at a much higher commitment.
Yes... you could reduce his cap for next year by extending him... but that RAISES his future cap hits... and leaves dead money if he fails.

That is the risk.

I don't have a strong opinion on which way we go here. I like Tua... don't love him.

I think it's quite funny.

At the beginning of the season, prior to
Exercising the 5th year option it was " the fact that they haven't extended him shows they don't have faith in him"

Now it's "what's the rush? Let him play out his 5th year option"

Haha.

Tua will easily get 50+ and ill enjoy watching him QB this team for the next 10+years and end up winning more SBS the Allen/Hurts/ Herbert and Burrow combined.

I think it's quite funny.

At the beginning of the season, prior to
Exercising the 5th year option it was " the fact that they haven't extended him shows they don't have faith in him"

Now it's "what's the rush? Let him play out his 5th year option"

Haha.

Tua will easily get 50+ and ill enjoy watching him QB this team for the next 10+years and end up winning more SBS the Allen/Hurts/ Herbert and Burrow combined.
I can't fault your enthusiasm...

Sure, let's pretend Mahomes didn't sign a record breaking contract just so you have another weird complaint about Tua.

Back
Top Bottom