Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Will Set A Market High For QB's

I guarantee no other team in the league would pay Tua $50 million or more per year or maybe even 35-40. If we dedicate a huge percentage of our cap like that to Tua for several years with so many glaring holes already to fill we won't sniff a championship for years, probably not even an AFC East championship.

I guarantee no other team in the league would pay Tua $50 million or more per year or maybe even 35-40. If we dedicate a huge percentage of our cap like that to Tua for several years with so many glaring holes already to fill we won't sniff a championship for years, probably not even an AFC East championship.
No need for you to watch anymore

The last 2 years..Can't count 23 years
why do the last 2 years make you optimistic? i think they could make you more pessimistic. they went all in for this year. they know this was tua's last year that was going to be cheap. they pushed all their chips onto the table for this year, as evidenced by the fact that we are now $50mm over the cap, and again have little draft capital, because it was traded away. and the best we did was to not win the division or a playoff game. grier still has a job. again, went all in, and this was the best we did. i am petrified about what happens next

It must be nice to have a magic ball and know exactly how the cap stuff will work out and also know who we draft and sign in the next 8 months

Crystal Ball Divination GIF by GIF IT UP

Change your username to Notrafinus :p

Why stop there? Why not see how Wall Street will perform?

Tua is an excellent passer. The problem is he's not an excellent Quarterback. He lacks escapability and gets you absoulty nothing on broken plays.

After watching Mahomes yesterday, if Mahomes didn't scramble and escape pressure to hit guys downfield on the regular the Chiefs wouldn't have scored a single point.

I love Tua, I do, I just worry he doesn't have enough tools in the shed to beat the top tier teams.

what is your optimism based on? the last 23 years? grier? the fact that they are $50mm over the salary cap? all thoughts appreciated!

Can't go back 23 year when our coach has only been here two

Did we make the playoffs both years ? Yes

Did our record improve even with a ton of our best players out ? Yes by two games

In the past have we been able to deal with cap issues and still field a solid team plus add free agents. The answer is yes also so why would you assume they have no plans to fix the cap and will have to dismantle the team plus not at least win as many games as this year ?

You seem like a reasonable poster. Take a deep breath and let's see what the team actually does before pulling the plug and starting all over

That or cry wolf for the next 8 months and be miserable

I’ve said it in other threads, but I think it bears repeating as it’s obvious that Tua is about to get absolutely paid by Miami and we have a lot of fans worrying that Miami can’t compete once Tua is off the rookie pay scale:

Go through and list the teams that have a legit shot at the SB next year. Then, take a look at how many of those teams currently have their starting QB on a rookie contract. It’s a REALLY short list. The salary cap isn’t real. It’s simply data to be manipulated.

Can't go back 23 year when our coach has only been here two

Did we make the playoffs both years ? Yes

Did our record improve even with a ton of our best players out ? Yes by two games

In the past have we been able to deal with cap issues and still field a solid team pus add free agents. The answer is yes also so why would you assume they have no plans to fix the cap and will have to dismantle the team plus not at least win as many games as this year ?

You seem like a reasonable poster. Take a deep breath and let's see what the team actually does before pulling the plug and starting all over

That or cry wolf for the next 8 months and be miserable
I am worried about the cap, but I've been reminding myself of this as well.

And secondly, it's encouraging that it seems that players come here.

why do the last 2 years make you optimistic? i think they could make you more pessimistic. they went all in for this year. they know this was tua's last year that was going to be cheap. they pushed all their chips onto the table for this year, as evidenced by the fact that we are now $50mm over the cap, and again have little draft capital, because it was traded away. and the best we did was to not win the division or a playoff game. grier still has a job. again, went all in, and this was the best we did. i am petrified about what happens next
Well you just go on being petrified if that's what you want. I'll go on being a fan and hoping for the best even tho I'm discouraged at times.

I’ve said it in other threads, but I think it bears repeating as it’s obvious that Tua is about to get absolutely paid by Miami and we have a lot of fans worrying that Miami can’t compete once Tua is off the rookie pay scale:

Go through and list the teams that have a legit shot at the SB next year. Then, take a look at how many of those teams currently have their starting QB on a rookie contract. It’s a REALLY short list. The salary cap isn’t real. It’s simply data to be manipulated.

I've said that all along although brother @Feverdream disagrees (to say the least)

Back
Top Bottom