Tua's Growth between the ears is Stunning. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Growth between the ears is Stunning.

i hope Chargers miss the playoffs tho and they might choke again. That;s why I like that they lost vs niners. They got chiefs next and might lose that too. I hope miami beats chargers too, because that's big to have a tie breaker on them. But they could have 7 losses very fast with their schedule which would put them at risk fast of being on the bubble but just missing again
They’re not good. They have 5 wins…against the Raiders, Texans, Browns, Broncos and Falcons…4 of the 5 by 1 score or less. Their strength-of-victory is a putrid .283. Herbert folds late under pressure generally. They could easily go 2-6 their last 8 games. They done, IMO.

I remember when it first came out that we were interviewing McDaniel I said that I believed Tua would be an All Pro in this system. I also think far too many people bought intonthe narrative that Tua had a weak arm and was holding the team back. Does Tua have the strongest arm in thr NFL? No, but it's also not a noodle. I always wonder how different thr narrative would be if Jakeem Grant didn't drop that sure fire 90 plus yard TD Tua's rookie year.

I also think that the discussion on arm strength becomes overvalued and that people don't give enough credit to play design. Patrick Mahomes is an amazing all around QB, but Andy Reid is also the best play designer of the last 20 years if not all time. I think you are also seeing the difference Brian Daboll made I'm Buffalo. That's not even to get into McDaniel here (or that legit every head coach from that coaching tree has seen success as a head coach in the NFL). Heck even talking about Herbert people gave so much credit to Pep Hamilton as his QB coach as a rookie but I think Shane Streichen deserves more credit as he was OC there and now you see what he's done in Philly the last 2 years

They’re not good. They have 5 wins…against the Raiders, Texans, Browns, Broncos and Falcons…4 of the 5 by 1 score or less. Their strength-of-victory is a putrid .283. Herbert folds late under pressure generally. They could easily go 2-6 their last 8 games. They done, IMO.
They are also very lucky. They should've lost vs falcons who are not good. Chargers had no timeouts left and their rb fumbles the ball. Falcons guy runs down the field only to get chased down and fumbles back. He just gets down and doesn't fumble, that's game over. Falcons just kneel and end game.

I know they;re possibly getting wrs back, but still, they got some tough games ahead and they don't have much wiggle room for losses going forward. I really hope miami takes care of business and stomps them when they face them. I wonder if that game will be flexed to a prime time game because Tua vs herbert, but chargers just had a sunday night game plus one vs chiefs next. So that might not, we'll see

One other things he gotten better at is removing that 1-2 “wtf?” type decisions he was making in almost every game last season and early in this season.

Every QB misses a couple throws, but he was making a couple truly bonehead plays (for example, remember some of those early TOs at beginning of Ravens game).

But not only is he not making the dumb mistakes, he’s not even making ANY mistakes. None. He’s paying nearly perfect.
I think a lot of that is being on the same page as his receivers. Not being on the same page can make anyone look stupid. I believe it’s the same Tua. There’s just much better coaching around this offense. And guys understand what they are supposed to do.

Even last season after the bye. It was obvious to me that the coaches put their claws in him and the entire offense. They went from building moment to looking completely inept and out of sync. This staff has everyone understanding the offense.

I just want to say this from the roof tops, ive been holding it in, and not start another thread so this thread seems fit. . . . . . . . . .

Holy...****ing...****. Tua has exceeded my expectations of him. We have legit a top 5 QB and legit a mastermind(offensively) coach. What a feeling. It has been 30 years since we've seen QB play like this. The game has slowed down so dramatically for him. He has been playing perfect QB recently and its amazing to watch. Yesterday he made some throws that were other worldly.

I remember when it first came out that we were interviewing McDaniel I said that I believed Tua would be an All Pro in this system. I also think far too many people bought intonthe narrative that Tua had a weak arm and was holding the team back. Does Tua have the strongest arm in thr NFL? No, but it's also not a noodle. I always wonder how different thr narrative would be if Jakeem Grant didn't drop that sure fire 90 plus yard TD Tua's rookie year.

I also think that the discussion on arm strength becomes overvalued and that people don't give enough credit to play design. Patrick Mahomes is an amazing all around QB, but Andy Reid is also the best play designer of the last 20 years if not all time. I think you are also seeing the difference Brian Daboll made I'm Buffalo. That's not even to get into McDaniel here (or that legit every head coach from that coaching tree has seen success as a head coach in the NFL). Heck even talking about Herbert people gave so much credit to Pep Hamilton as his QB coach as a rookie but I think Shane Streichen deserves more credit as he was OC there and now you see what he's done in Philly the last 2 years
Daboll vs McDaniel is like a parallel to Tua vs Hebert. Daboll has been looking pretty damn good, too.
McD has looked like a genius outside of some moments where he very much hasnt. The 4th down go play-call when the score was 10-7. He's had his facepalm moments but in the grand scheme....he's got a Grand Scheme!

He is processing data SO FAST in real-time and avoiding those 'vapor-lock' uncertainty moments that led to a lot of his injuries.

The single most impressive moments of the game, to me, was that pull-back of the throw that wouldve been spiked back in his face, or worse and maybe much worse.
99% of the time QBs let it fly for an easy play for the rushing defender. Instead, Tua turns it into a pump-fake hits the check-down that the defense didnt even realize was there and Ingold takes it for 6.

The degree that Tua is 'Master Of His Domain' out there supercedes any projections of who he would be when we drafted him.
For a player once thought to be the best of the 2020 draft class as of early fall 2019, before the emergence of Burrow and before the hip injury...
Tua is still blowing away expectations.

First, it was 'well, it's the Lions...
Then it was ',well, it's the Bears...
Now it's a Browns team with a pretty killer front-4 and badass ground game that beat TF out of a good Bengals team.

Anyway, just 'Wow'.

(Yes, I know I talked **** on the brotha a few weeks ago. That's part of my point. He figuring **** out, and Fast!)
Yeah - can't help remember the look on Myles Garret's face late in the 3rd quarter when he realized his defense couldn't do much to stop the Tua Train! HAHA - sucks to be a Brown. Now they can start getting used to having a guy like Deshaun Watson as the face of their franchise. Reality sucks...most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom