Tua's Growth between the ears is Stunning. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Growth between the ears is Stunning.

I wanted us to pick Tua before his hip injury in college, I wanted us to pick Tua after his hip injury in college, and I continued to believe in Tua during a rough 2 years under the Flores regime.

All that being said, today was the first time I’ve watched Tua and came to the realization that this kid’s ceiling is even higher than I thought it would be.

2 things are pretty apparent right now and EXTREMELY exciting:

1- If Tua can stay healthy and maintain this level of play through the end of the season, I think the kid will win the MVP award only 3 seasons into his career. With each performance, Tua turns more heads and I get the vibe that the media (who all hated him not that long ago), are actually starting to root for him.

and….

2- With Jeff Wilson on board, the 1-2 punch of him and Mostert has put the Dolphins in a position in which a VERY deep playoff run is now possible. As a defense it’s simply impossible to load up to stop the run while properly defending Waddle and Tyreke. Conversely, it’s also impossible for a defense to dedicate the bodies necessary to guard Waddle and Tyreke while also loading up to stop the run.

If we can keep running the ball at this rate, I honestly think we’ll look back on this Cleveland game as the turning point in which Miami went from a good team to a great one.
I’ve been all-in on Tua from the jump and saw the horrendous hand he was dealt. I’m right there with you. I thought he would take a leap. This dude is on a trampoline. Exciting time to be a Fins fan.

With gems like these who would wanna be right?!?

I dont like this Tyreek Hill move. It's unnecessary overkill at a position where just our 1st-round pick wouldve put us right where we wanted to be at the position. We still needed other positions addressed with those 2nd, and 4th round picks.

stats are getting downright gaudy!

I mean seriously -- these are some serious focking numbers.

View attachment 122750

The only one that stands out as bad numbers is the Bengals game, and if all that have been watching him, we all know he gets better, not worse as the game goes along, so even that game's stats might have been drastically different If he had not been illegally bodyslammed out of the game.

The only one that stands out as bad numbers is the Bengals game, and if all that have been watching him, we all know he gets better, not worse as the game goes along, so even that game's stats might have been drastically different If he had not been illegally bodyslammed out of the game.
plus a td was dropped too. Would have been 1 td 1 int in that game, but showed 0td. 1 int because edmonds has stone hands. So glad we got rid of him and got wilson instead. Talk about an upgrade. I like how broncos took our trash ha

Yessurrrr! He was projected as a generational talent. He was projected as a QB who was fast-read/fast-release. He was likened to Drew Brees in many analysts prior to the draft. Trent Dilfer (who spent a lot of time with Tua prior to the draft) said he threw the ball better than anyone.

ALL this stuff would lead you to believe he'd be the/a top QB in the NFL during his career, and all of us who supported his continued presence on this team begged for the team to solidify line play and get him some legit targets so we could see these projections start to materialize...the team FINALLY builds around him and whatdayaknow?!

You are 100% spot-on brother.

You are both spot on and correct, brothers! 🤙🏽

We couldnt have missed either way. Herbert is still talented AF AND he's playing without his version of Hill and Waddle.
Nobody is talking about Herbert now other than somebody covering his specific game.
The 'pissing contest' regarding these two is small potatoes compared to Dolphins quest to win a Superbowl.
It's still a team game and Dolphins team is fully loaded on offense and still possessing a lot of good players on defense.
Chargers are beat up AF.
I could see Chargers facing Dolphins in 1st or 2nd round in Miami. Nobody here would take that lightly.
i hope Chargers miss the playoffs tho and they might choke again. That;s why I like that they lost vs niners. They got chiefs next and might lose that too. I hope miami beats chargers too, because that's big to have a tie breaker on them. But they could have 7 losses very fast with their schedule which would put them at risk fast of being on the bubble but just missing again

Tua is not blowing away expectations he's living up to expectations. There's a reason he was picked 5th overall and was considered the #1 prospect before the hip injury. There's a reason we tanked for Tua. This is what his supporters expected out of him. He just needed a HC who wasn't a dunce and an OL that's wasn't complete garbage water. Mike McDaniel brought out the best in Tua while Aunt Flo plotted his downfall.
I said this earlier it was always about being adequately protected imo, and a well constructed scheme.

weapons are for stats.

I wanted us to pick Tua before his hip injury in college, I wanted us to pick Tua after his hip injury in college, and I continued to believe in Tua during a rough 2 years under the Flores regime.

All that being said, today was the first time I’ve watched Tua and came to the realization that this kid’s ceiling is even higher than I thought it would be.

2 things are pretty apparent right now and EXTREMELY exciting:

1- If Tua can stay healthy and maintain this level of play through the end of the season, I think the kid will win the MVP award only 3 seasons into his career. With each performance, Tua turns more heads and I get the vibe that the media (who all hated him not that long ago), are actually starting to root for him.

and….

2- With Jeff Wilson on board, the 1-2 punch of him and Mostert has put the Dolphins in a position in which a VERY deep playoff run is now possible. As a defense it’s simply impossible to load up to stop the run while properly defending Waddle and Tyreke. Conversely, it’s also impossible for a defense to dedicate the bodies necessary to guard Waddle and Tyreke while also loading up to stop the run.

If we can keep running the ball at this rate, I honestly think we’ll look back on this Cleveland game as the turning point in which Miami went from a good team to a great one.

I like your thinking, Sir. Preach on. 🍺

Tua nominated for FedEx Air Player of the week again. He’s won the past two weeks. Mahomes might beat him this week. Brady is the third nominee.

Tua nominated for FedEx Air Player of the week again. He’s won the past two weeks. Mahomes might beat him this week. Brady is the third nominee.
I think I'd vote for 3/0 over 4/1, even though 4/1 might statistically result in a better chance of winning a game. Air and Ground Players of the Week aren't contingent on winning a game anyway, are they?

It's funny seeing people/fans who **** on/doubted Tua try to rationalize away their skepticism/hate by saying things like: he's showing so much more now than anyone ever expected from him, his ceiling is higher than anyone thought, etc.

It's like, no, some of us have been this high on him from the jump. Some of us never wavered. Some of us are not surprised by his performance this year, because it's exactly what we said he was going to turn into: a top-5 NFL QB who can win a Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom