Tua's Growth between the ears is Stunning. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua's Growth between the ears is Stunning.

I wanted us to pick Tua before his hip injury in college, I wanted us to pick Tua after his hip injury in college, and I continued to believe in Tua during a rough 2 years under the Flores regime.

All that being said, today was the first time I’ve watched Tua and came to the realization that this kid’s ceiling is even higher than I thought it would be.

2 things are pretty apparent right now and EXTREMELY exciting:

1- If Tua can stay healthy and maintain this level of play through the end of the season, I think the kid will win the MVP award only 3 seasons into his career. With each performance, Tua turns more heads and I get the vibe that the media (who all hated him not that long ago), are actually starting to root for him.

and….

2- With Jeff Wilson on board, the 1-2 punch of him and Mostert has put the Dolphins in a position in which a VERY deep playoff run is now possible. As a defense it’s simply impossible to load up to stop the run while properly defending Waddle and Tyreke. Conversely, it’s also impossible for a defense to dedicate the bodies necessary to guard Waddle and Tyreke while also loading up to stop the run.

If we can keep running the ball at this rate, I honestly think we’ll look back on this Cleveland game as the turning point in which Miami went from a good team to a great one.

Ok, got me there. Sadly, that must be accepted when considering what we saw today. Those holes were Kardashian-vagina wide.
They have a 6 game stretch coming after the bye and the Texans which will tell us everything we need to know about our team!

Should be a good ride!

on pace for season: 4813 yards 38 TDs 6 Ints QBR 128

:NUTS:
It took a little effort to figure out how you arrive at those numbers. While I appreciate the sentiment, there's only 7 more games left in the season. Not 9. His actual pace would project him to pass for ~3800 yards, 34 TD, and 6 INT. However, I feel he is trending above that especially with his last 3 games. I think he will pass for 4000 yards 35-38 TD with fewer than 6 INT.

Have to admit I was hopeful without being super confident with Tua going into the season. His production this year so far has been beyond anything I could have hoped. Good without being great in the first few games. Then returned from consussion with an OK game against Steelers. Since then he's been nothing short of sensational. Decision making and executions has been almost faultless.

Nah. He was doing what he was doing then and now he's better.
well yeah but him in a decent or good situation and maybe he'll develop. Miami didn't do that or almost tried to sabotage his growth. Ppl just wanted to write him off without looking at things as they are and why. I always wanted Tua to have a team around him, most qbs need that even good or great ones. Only one's who didn't have great wrs was brady execept for when he had moss and lamar jackson, but brady always seemed to have a damn good o line

He's been like a man possessed since the spin move against the Ravens. Also amazing transformation between him and the coaches to keep him from taking big hits since the concussions. I think he would have tried to pick up the botched snap before and risked a big hit.

Herbert just threw a game ending Interception! Anyone left around here who'd still take him over Tua?
We couldnt have missed either way. Herbert is still talented AF AND he's playing without his version of Hill and Waddle.
Nobody is talking about Herbert now other than somebody covering his specific game.
The 'pissing contest' regarding these two is small potatoes compared to Dolphins quest to win a Superbowl.
It's still a team game and Dolphins team is fully loaded on offense and still possessing a lot of good players on defense.
Chargers are beat up AF.
I could see Chargers facing Dolphins in 1st or 2nd round in Miami. Nobody here would take that lightly.

Back
Top Bottom