Tulsa LB Z. Collins is a perfect fit in our Defense | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tulsa LB Z. Collins is a perfect fit in our Defense

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
If you are like me and don't watch Tulsa much (at all)... You have to watch this player. I'd rank him as one of the best potential fits in our Defensive scheme...He can stuff the run, cover the pass, rush the edge, and blitz the middle. He is 6'4 260 pounds and runs well. He has a knack for knocking the ball loose and for filling the hole at just the right time.

Easily could impact our defense in many ways. He could start in the middle or on the edge. I'm guessing we'd move him all over the defense. Best of all he'll likely be sitting there for us at 18 overall. He has been Super Duper productive in college. Makes plays in all the ways a defender can.

THIS MIGHT BE THE BEST HIGHLIGHT FILM YOU SEE IN 2021

Any way he makes it to the 2nd round? Wouldn't mind him with 2a.

You missed the most important detail about the kid, he's a former Gymnast who got into football late.

This kids physical talent is off the charts.

I'd take him at 18 but id love a trade down first.

My comp is Carl Banks
That's pretty high praise.

Hard for me to see a comp from that era, as the LB assignment responsibility was completely different than the game today.

What, specifically, do you see as similarities?

He is def a nice option for us no doubt. If at 18 Harris, ETN, Paye, and Collins are still there, a trade back with Tennessee would be awesome. We could possibly get their comp 3rd round pick or a 4th for sure.

My comp is Carl Banks
Excellent comparison.

This kid is the living embodiment of the Parcells/Belichick LB.

One would assume Flores prizes the same things at that position.

#18 might be a little rich for him so i would love to move down into the early to mid 20's and grab him.

I like Paye, Rousseau, Phillips and Collins for the Dolphins defense.I would be happy with any of these players at 18 and it would be great if the Dolphins draft one of them at 18 and one of the other players on my list is still on the board at 36.

Any way he makes it to the 2nd round? Wouldn't mind him with 2a.
Been seeing him in the 32-40 range a lot more recently in mocks.

I think Collins is an ideal fit, and Flo has a thing for bigger linebackers. Paye is another guy who is just a perfect fit for our defense and would probably get a ton of snaps as a rook.

Kids been on the draft crowds radar for what seems like a year.

Seemingly up and down draft boards in that time as well.

He'd a wicked value in R2. 18 seems a bit rich to me.

I agree he could be great. Or he might need some seasoning.

Not sure he's plug and play -- but he definitely fits the prototype.

Back
Top Bottom