Tuna and Dolphins - Caught with the same nets? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuna and Dolphins - Caught with the same nets?

l0ngsh0t

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Cowboy Fan here:

Just thought i would stop by and wish you guys luck and hope that everyone stays healthy this Thanksgiving. We both know that we have some struggles ahead of us after this game and it would be good to come out of this game unscathed.

I must say that most Cowboy fans are really concerned about this game and know that it will be a real test for both teams. Talent being somewhat equal - i would have to say that this game comes down to penalties, special teams, and turnovers. I think Ricky is a great back, even though he has been run unmercifully the past 2 years, and your recievers have some good ability when they decide to go all out. What concerns me though - more than anything is your cornerbacks. We have struggled this year against good secondaries, and they dont get much better than the one you will field Thursday. I personally hope that they are still battered from having to make so many tackles this past weekend. Seriously - what is up with your run defense?

I would make a prediction, but i dont want to jinx our season, but i will say this. Look for a high scoring game - With us running the ball up and down the field and you guys torching us deep all day.

Seriously guys - good luck.

clear.gif

I couldn't tell

whether you were saying our run defense was good or bad.

But just so you know, I believe we are the only defense not to have given up a 100 yard rushing performance by one player this year. Every other team has.

Actually, i know that you guys have very strong run defense. What are you guys ranked 3rd or 4th in the rushing? Surprisingly you guys are ranked lower in pass defense (around 21 or 22) in the nfl. Whats also wierd is that it doesn't really jive with the personnel you guys have (great cover corners and pass rushing ends).

Just found it odd that the Fun-n-Gun Skins were able to do well running the ball when it is uncharacteristic of your D to allow it.

Well

The yards allowed is a bit deceiving. Points per game we allow the 2nd least amount in the NFL, right after...your defense I believe.

Originally posted by l0ngsh0t
I would make a prediction, but i dont want to jinx our season, but i will say this. Look for a high scoring game - With us running the ball up and down the field and you guys torching us deep all day.
I hope it's not a high-scoring game, and I doubt it will be. I think it's unlikely Dallas can run the ball up and down the field, but if it makes you feel better, it's equally unlikely Miami will be torching you deep, either.

Re: Re: Tuna and Dolphins - Caught with the same nets?

Originally posted by NYCphan

I hope it's not a high-scoring game, and I doubt it will be. I think it's unlikely Dallas can run the ball up and down the field, but if it makes you feel better, it's equally unlikely Miami will be torching you deep, either.

NYCphan: I completely agree with you. I just evidently suck at being Tongue-in-Cheeky.

Originally posted by muddaconch
LOL!

3-0 game......Cowboys lose their third shutout!

Wow, a baseball score. Is Pudge going to QB?

No offence. But its really obvious you havnt done your homework on Our QB who cant throw a long ball to save his own.

Clean game without injuries. And a Dolphins win of course. :p

Tough game for both teams. It should be a battle with both teams pretty similar (all D, little O). I predict 13-10 Fins (sorry Joey and Terry). They are both friends of mine, but I have to root for my team. I talked to Joey Monday and asked him to drop ONE pass for me LOL. May the best team win!!! No injuries please!!! I want both teams to make the playoffs, but I am 100% aqua and orange in this game!!! GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE!!!!!!!

Longshot you have too be proud as hell at how your boys are doing, while we for the most part are a little disappointed. Let's hope the game isn't decided by coaching!!!!

Every game is decided by coaching. Thankfully Wanny is brain dead and it falls on another. Sadly he somtimes wakes up.

Cowboy Fan here:

Just thought i would stop by and wish you guys luck and hope that everyone stays healthy this Thanksgiving. We both know that we have some struggles ahead of us after this game and it would be good to come out of this game unscathed.

I must say that most Cowboy fans are really concerned about this game and know that it will be a real test for both teams. Talent being somewhat equal - i would have to say that this game comes down to penalties, special teams, and turnovers. I think Ricky is a great back, even though he has been run unmercifully the past 2 years, and your recievers have some good ability when they decide to go all out. What concerns me though - more than anything is your cornerbacks. We have struggled this year against good secondaries, and they dont get much better than the one you will field Thursday. I personally hope that they are still battered from having to make so many tackles this past weekend. Seriously - what is up with your run defense?

Seriously guys - good luck.
clear.gif

Listen... When Miami's defense is spread out with 4 WR's, they are susceptible to the run.. Miami allows 3.1 yards per carry and have done so for about 6 weeks now.. They're run defense is very consistant but I as well was very shocked when the Redskins made some runs..

Miami's pass defense has gone away from their base bump and run coverage that they are amazingly good at because of Surtain being banged up and the reason that Jim Bates (Miami's def. coord.) was being blasted after last year for not calling enough zone coverages and being too predictable to where offenses knew where the open areas would be..

Miami's defense is very weak when you put 4 WR's on the field on both against the run and pass.. Miami rarely blitzes their safeties although we saw some of that against the Redskins for the first time in about a decade.. They usually only send their D-line after the QB and they have been inconsistent all year and when the QB has time, its usually always a big pass play..

I expect the Cowboys to have 3-4 WR's in every play all game.. The Redskins exploited Miami at that.. With Galloway, Glenn and Bryant, I see Miami really struggling in the pass defense aspect.. The run defense will be just fine..

Offensively, I haven't seen many Cowboy games but if they blitz Miami like they did New England, look for alot of jump balls to Chambers and Gadsden.. Time of possession is key and I'm not sure what to expect of Miami's offense against the best defense in the NFL..

LONGSHOT.. What exactly is Dallas susceptible to defensively?? I know they have the #1 defense in NFL, but do they struggle with TE's?? I know I'm asking a Cowboy fan, but I expect a non-biased answer

I'm predicting Miami to ruin my Thanksgiving Day, but I won't allow them..

Dallas 20 Miami 13

I think the schedule really hurts the Dolphins as well. The night game then on the road- plus Dallas had a HOME 1:00 game on Sunday and stay at home thru Thursday. I think if Miami is to win this, it comes down to one thing: Making Quincy Carter make mistakes. This guy has been playing beyond himself all year. That must stop Thursday. If it doesn't, the Phins go home losers and the season is decided the following week in New England.

Back
Top Bottom