Tuna and Dolphins - Caught with the same nets? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tuna and Dolphins - Caught with the same nets?

I have been around to some cowboys boards and they are really crapping all over us.

But my suspisions are that those people are just idiots.

Can anybody point me toward The Cowboys boards with the REAL boyz' fans?

Miami's defense has troubles with the little quick RB's. Chad Morten had a field day with Miami's D. He is small, fast, and elusive. Trudge Candate, the starter, was ineffective against Miami.
I wouldn't consider the Dallas RB, Hambrick, in the same mold of Morten. Hambrick will get get some yards but I think Miami will force Dallas into a passing mode.

Missed tackles have hurt us as of late.

Can't remember how many times we could have stopped 3rd down plays just to have them slip off and gain 3 more yards.

i think there is little possibility for a high scoring game for a couple of reasons:

1) both good defenses with average QB's who can win ballgames but do not exactly light it up and tend to throw INT's.

2) short week means less time to prepare offense.

3) Parsells is the kind of guy who can play it close to the vest and make the big 3rd down play to break it open. I think this is what he will look to do against our DEfense. When we lose to the parsells and belechicks of the world, this is ussually what happens.

PS. i do think we have the upper hand on the running game if ricky runs like he did in the 4th quarter the other night. it may take time against an attacking 8 man front of the cowboys, but if our line cant handle the Dline at all, then forget it.

Originally posted by Smacks
Miami's defense has troubles with the little quick RB's. Chad Morten had a field day with Miami's D. He is small, fast, and elusive. Trudge Candate, the starter, was ineffective against Miami.
I wouldn't consider the Dallas RB, Hambrick, in the same mold of Morten. Hambrick will get get some yards but I think Miami will force Dallas into a passing mode.

there is a couple of reasons for this i think. one is that our LB's were playing back and not attacking at all and were lost in space and zach had a concussion working. we need to attack more with seau. im thinking cobra would be nice but i dont think bates has the balls.

Re: Re: Tuna and Dolphins - Caught with the same nets?

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

LONGSHOT.. What exactly is Dallas susceptible to defensively?? I know they have the #1 defense in NFL, but do they struggle with TE's?? I know I'm asking a Cowboy fan, but I expect a non-biased answer

RUDE: I would have to say that the Cowboys Defense has been good on a lot of levels. I think Zimmer (our D coordinator) has a tendency to be conservative, and if he gets burned on a blitz early, he is less likely to blitz for the rest of the game. Teams have been beating us, by just chucking the ball up, and hoping to get a penalty or having the recievers make a play. The easiest way to hurt this defense is to pick up the blitz. Our cornerbacks get no help from the safeties, so if the fins can pick it up, there will be some opportunities for big plays. I think it really helps you guys having a mobile Qb that can evade the rush. The crossing and skinny post especially pose problems for us, as do pick plays because we run a lot of man coverage.

As far as the running game goes - the eagles are the only team that has been able to gash us for big yards. They ran a lot of quick hitting run plays and got past the first wave of the blitz. Remember once you get past that wave, there is nothing but green pastures to run.

Dat is to us - what Zach is to you guys. If you can get him blocked , then the running lanes will be there.

Last point - it is a misconception that our defense tires easily. Parcells does a good job of rotating his 8 linemen, so that they can go the distance. I wouldn't count on being able to run in the 4th if you cant run in the 1st.

If you guys want to talk to other Cowboy fans - you find some of us here. theCowboys.net

BTW - I was being sarcastic about my prediction.

Back
Top Bottom