Turk's Cannon Shot!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turk's Cannon Shot!!

Turk was never cut. He was a free agent and wanted a ton of dough which we couldn't afford so he went where he got paid, the Jets. While he was there he wasn't very good and they cut him. He seems to do better when with us though, thank god.

I have to admit, I was less-than-thrilled when the Dolphins brought back Turk. Guess what. I WAS WRONG.

That was huge, huge, HUGE punt. And he's been doing that ever since he was re-signed.

Turk did a fantastic job, man to think we almost gave it away..whew..by the way who's the long snapper on punts?

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I have to admit, I was less-than-thrilled when the Dolphins brought back Turk. Guess what. I WAS WRONG.

I know you admitted you were wrong, but how could you have been less-than-thrilled? Wasn't almost anyone better than Royals at that point?

I gotta agree with the doctor here. I was happy to get rid of Royals and figured Turk would be a slight improvement, but I never figured he would revert back to this form. I am pleasantly surprised.

Scott Grau is the long snapper by the way. He has had some problems since signing with the team mid-season. I was much happier with McDermitt personally.

Originally posted by DolphinzD
How about that booming punt from Turk at the end of the game?? Wow!! I'm not sure the Redskins would have driven down for a field goal even if the punt hadn't been fumbled. They figured to get excellent field position, and look what happened. That was awesome.

Awesome play!

Sorry...one more comment on this subject...I think there were some Angels involved here. I taped the game and just watched that punt again. Turk hits the ball and it takes off and a good pace for the first 20-25 feet up...then all of a sudden it's like the booster rockets fire and the thing hits turbo hyper speed. It's truly amazing, but you can actually see a speed jump as the ball departs from gravitational pull. Somebody call NASA!

Back
Top Bottom