Turner big on Thompson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner big on Thompson

Miamian

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
I just saw a clip of Norv Turner reviewing mini-camp thus far. He singled out Darius Thompson for praise. The full interview will be on Ch. 6 tonight in south Florida.

What are the call letters of the station....maybe I can pick it up over here...

He's gonna be a pleasent suprise for fans. He's gonna bust out. Wait and see.

What I like about Thompson is that he's a strong receiver.. Much like David Boston but not as strong .. I really want to see this cat play.. See what he's made of..

HOORAH:drinker:

Oh definately! I saw him play at the mini-camp at PPS and he was awesome. He makes expectacular ctaches. He is a young and upcoming guy. Redskin fans must be dissapointed. He led the preseason in yards last season I believe/

Younger, Faster Oronde Gadsen. Healthier? More Productive?

Hope so...

Crud

i was saying it since we picked him up. i dont kno how many times i have posted this but....he will be a stud receiver.

If CC performs to his ability, Tolver plays like he is playing, McKnight does what he did 2nd half of last year and Thompson can do what he is doing maybe Fiedler will get over 3000 yards again, make Pro Bowl.....and we could have a top 10 passing game. Maybe Wannstedt will come through with his promises.

NFL Draft: Derrius Thompson, Receiver
Baylor/ 6:01.7-215/ Cedar Hill, Texas

Outstanding blocker with impressive power taking on defenders in the open field…Has a very quick burst off the snap & shows precise cutting ability upfield…Uses his hands well to get a good push off the cornerback & has the strength to out-muscle opponents for the ball in traffic…Shows tremendous body extension ability to haul in the high passes…Recently timed at 4.39 in the 40-yard dash…Ranks 11th on the school’s career-record list with 78 receptions & 12th with 1088 aerial yards.

Originally posted by Flipper34
http://www.jsonline.com/packer/stat/apr99/wr-thompson.asp[/url]

Originally posted by minus
Has a very quick burst off the snap &

That is exactly what is perfect. That is the first sign of what we call.. FOOTBALL SPEED. I like it.. :evil:

Nice, he runs a 4.3 and can catch like Oronde? Interesting :yoda:

no way does he run a 4.3.. you guys are kidding yourselves..

and i would at least wait till he plays before you start compairing him to david boston for god sakes.. a little over zelous maybe?

i guess you guys want to believe that thompson is gonna be great, just like bills fans want to believe reed will be a stud .. we dont get to find out for 4 more months unfortunately.

if he is such a stud, why did washington let him go.. for dirt money no less.. why didnt anyone else go after him when he could be had for so cheap?

Originally posted by Tatonka
i guess you guys want to believe that thompson is gonna be great, just like bills fans want to believe reed will be a stud .. we dont get to find out for 4 more months unfortunately.

nut(it)shell

Back
Top Bottom