Tush push thoughts | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tush push thoughts

Is what it is. Try to jump the snap and leap over the center like Warner did for SF last night. At the end of the day when you’re playing Philly you just have to pretend ever series starts 1st and 9 and plan accordingly.

Already can imagine what direction this post will go, buttt..,,

Why in the hell is the NFL allowing it? Sure as hell can’t be player safety and have to think at some point a quarterback is going to get severely hurt by getting pushed in two directions.

FWIW, the Giants ended up with both their center and tight end hurt on an unsuccessful one yesterday.
Until some team sends a MLB to fly over the top and hit Hurts helmet to helmet resulting in an injury to Hurts it will be allowed. The second Hurts gets a neck or head injury it's gonna be outlawed.

What I want to know is why our coaching staff has not come up with anything creative like this In short, yardge situations? Our short yards game is absolutely atrocious. I would also like to know why we didn't have anything creative to try and stop it? If we got Christian Wilkins about 4 yd off the ball with a headstart and launched him at jalen Hurts like a freaking cannon ball, I bet They would quit that crap.

I don't really have a problem with it. Its a tool for a couple short yards, not a game breaking hack.

I figure the same discussions were had when the shotgun snap came about. Lol, imagine being on a message board after the first forward pass!

LIne up a DT or LB 5 yards off the ball and launch them into the pile. Keep doing that until someone is carted off, problem solved.

Can someone explain, why this Tush Push is illegal? I see it as a great play, that virtually guarantees a 1 or 2 yard gain.

Can someone explain, why this Tush Push is illegal? I see it as a great play, that virtually guarantees a 1 or 2 yard gain.
It was illegal prior, it is not illegal now.

Have no problem with the lineman going low. Problem I have is with players getting behind the quarterback and pushing him forward. #1 issue I have isn't with its success -- its with the fact that the NFL pretends it wants to protect quarterbacks and defenders can barely touch them but the offense can shove them forward into lineman. I also think it blurs the line of forward progress. I've seen Hurts progress get stopped but then he gets pushed forward.

I don't say this lightly, but if a team is going to do that and get it anyways.......punish the QB EVERYTIME. Crash your LB's from the outside and have your safety jump over the top and hit the QB as hard as you can EVERYTIME!

Already can imagine what direction this post will go, buttt..,,

Why in the hell is the NFL allowing it? Sure as hell can’t be player safety and have to think at some point a quarterback is going to get severely hurt by getting pushed in two directions.

FWIW, the Giants ended up with both their center and tight end hurt on an unsuccessful one yesterday.
I think it’s fine. Kelcie will Likely have back problems long term because of that damn play, but you know, either master it yourself, or figure out how to stop it. Everyone has the same rules, although not the same QB (super strong power lifter legs) and center 1st ballot HOF Kecie But there you go.

I love it, and I think it's lame to ban it because:

1. Players could get hurt. If this is a thing, there's a LOT of plays to ban.
2. It's effective

Other teams, such as the Dolphins, cannot do it. Otherwise, they would.

1698253868173.png1698254119522.png
choke GIF

Back
Top Bottom