Two mock drafts: 1 feasible, 1 fantasy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two mock drafts: 1 feasible, 1 fantasy

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Reaction score
Actual- Version 1.0
1st: Winston Justice (USC)- Has everything you look for in a franchise LT: Speed, agility, power, field sense. Has character issues but hopefully Saban can rein him in. When his head's in the game and he's out of trouble, he'll be the franchise LT we've been looking for and can allow Carey to properly handle the RT spot. Was a pivotal part of one of college football's most explosive offense. Can easily bring up comparisons with Walter Jones. If he's not available, Jonathan Scott can also be considered.

2nd: Brodie Croyle (Alabama)- Croyle is Pennington with a better arm. Very injury-prone and not a very sturdy build but he's got everything else you look for in a QB (arm, intangibles, field smarts, leadership). He'll be a good starter, if he's on the field instead of the trainer's room. Which means he better hit the weights if he wants to survive as a starter. Reminds me a bit of Brian Griese and I'm not alone: http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/brodiecroyle.shtml

3rd: Kelly Jennings (Miami)- Good height, good speed, very agile, experienced, and has good hands. Has a knack for making interceptions, something our corners lacked. A pure cover corner who I think can come up to a Surtain-ish Pro Bowl level. Really needs to bulk up though since run support is weak. But he's a hard worker and Saban can take advantage of that to shore up Jennings' weakness. At the least, he could be a very good nickleback.

4th: Spencer Havner (UCLA)- A blue chip LB who can play in multiple positions and has the physical stats, size, strength, and speed you look for. He's a hard tough worker as well as a leader both in the community and on the field. Solid against both run and pass and is capable of nagging an Int or 2 alongside a sack. Good at getting past traffic at the line and always gets to the ball. A poor man's AJ Hawk. Only question mark is his injury history. But with time spent behind ZT, should be a solid starter in the future.

7th: Domata Peko (Michigan St.)- Possible NT prospect. Has the size you look for at (6'2, 320 lbs). Can stuff the run but might not help out as much in pass defense. Could be a sleeper pick.

7th:Jason Hatcher (Grambling St.)- A sleeper DE along the lines of Jason Taylor. Played against weak competition but has ideal size (6'6, 285lbs). An intense player who's adept at getting to the passer. Combines physical intensity with speed.

7th: Skyler Green (LSU)- A pretty fast WR who can help the ST. Saban should know him since he's an LSU product. Best case scenario is he turns into a lesser version of Santana Moss.

Fantasy draft (will require a lot of luck). :tongue:
1st- Matt Leinart (USC)- If other NFL GM's start drinking out of Rick Spielman's glass, he's ours. Can function better when he’s got the weapons, which we have. We get our Tom Brady here.
2nd-Eric Winston (Miami)- Previous injury doesn’t bother anymore and we end up with two Miami U. bookend tackles starting for the Miami Dolphins OL.
3rd- Antonio Cromartie (Florida St.)– GM’s could start thinking he’s too injury-prone and raw. Fine by me.
4th- Spencer Havner (UCLA)- I’m a UCLA homer. So sue me.
7th- Gabe Watson (Michigan)- GM’s get repulsed by this DT’s previous benching during senior year, and Watson becomes the next Michigan product to drop (see Ernest Shazor)
7th- Cody Douglas (Tennessee)- Good G prospect who’s strong, good size, and can possibly play C
7th- Melvin Oliver (LSU) – Saban decides to give his former DE a shot.

Regan21286 said:
Actual- Version 1.0
1st: Winston Justice (USC)- Has everything you look for in a franchise LT: Speed, agility, power, field sense. Has character issues but hopefully Saban can rein him in. When his head's in the game and he's out of trouble, he'll be the franchise LT we've been looking for and can allow Carey to properly handle the RT spot. Was a pivotal part of one of college football's most explosive offense. Can easily bring up comparisons with Walter Jones. If he's not available, Jonathan Scott can also be considered.

2nd: Brodie Croyle (Alabama)- Croyle is Pennington with a better arm. Very injury-prone and not a very sturdy build but he's got everything else you look for in a QB (arm, intangibles, field smarts, leadership). He'll be a good starter, if he's on the field instead of the trainer's room. Which means he better hit the weights if he wants to survive as a starter. Reminds me a bit of Brian Griese and I'm not alone: http://www.nfldraftforecast.com/Profiles/brodiecroyle.shtml

3rd: Kelly Jennings (Miami)- Good height, good speed, very agile, experienced, and has good hands. Has a knack for making interceptions, something our corners lacked. A pure cover corner who I think can come up to a Surtain-ish Pro Bowl level. Really needs to bulk up though since run support is weak. But he's a hard worker and Saban can take advantage of that to shore up Jennings' weakness. At the least, he could be a very good nickleback.

4th: Spencer Havner (UCLA)- A blue chip LB who can play in multiple positions and has the physical stats, size, strength, and speed you look for. He's a hard tough worker as well as a leader both in the community and on the field. Solid against both run and pass and is capable of nagging an Int or 2 alongside a sack. Good at getting past traffic at the line and always gets to the ball. A poor man's AJ Hawk. Only question mark is his injury history. But with time spent behind ZT, should be a solid starter in the future.

7th: Domata Peko (Michigan St.)- Possible NT prospect. Has the size you look for at (6'2, 320 lbs). Can stuff the run but might not help out as much in pass defense. Could be a sleeper pick.

7th:Jason Hatcher (Grambling St.)- A sleeper DE along the lines of Jason Taylor. Played against weak competition but has ideal size (6'6, 285lbs). An intense player who's adept at getting to the passer. Combines physical intensity with speed.

7th: Skyler Green (LSU)- A pretty fast WR who can help the ST. Saban should know him since he's an LSU product. Best case scenario is he turns into a lesser version of Santana Moss.

1st- Matt Leinart (USC)- If other NFL GM's start drinking out of Rick Spielman's glass, he's ours. Can function better when he’s got the weapons, which we have. We get our Tom Brady here.
2nd-Eric Winston (Miami)- Previous injury doesn’t bother anymore and we end up with two Miami U. bookend tackles starting for the Miami Dolphins OL.
3rd- Antonio Cromartie (Florida St.)– GM’s could start thinking he’s too injury-prone and raw. Fine by me.
7th- Gabe Watson (Michigan)- GM’s get repulsed by this DT’s previous benching during senior year, and Watson becomes the next Michigan product to drop (see Ernest Shazor)
7th- Cody Douglas (Tennessee)- Good G prospect who’s strong, good size, and can possibly play C

Very Nice post. I would like the Actual Draft unless we take Drew Bree's than I think we should what til the 3rd or later for a QB. However it was still a very nice read. Gabe Watson in the 7th tho :lol: I hope so!

Regan21286 said:
Actual- Version 1.0

The first pick is posible as we could take Justice.
2-If we get Brees then of course no Croyle tho I actually like Whitehurst better.
3-Jennings should go in round 2 imo
4-I like Havner but again, I think he'll go in round 3
Green in the 7th? I doubt it.....he'll probably go in the 4th or 5th.

Now the other one, just to see Watson in the 7th tells me everything...:sidelol:

Ozzy rules!!

my fantasy draft

1. Chad Greenway
2. Jon Scott/Eric Winston
3. Devin Hester/Kelly Jennings/Will Blackmon
4. Chris Harrell
7. Chris Barclay
7. Matt Rice
7. Jeromey Clary

I like the mock, not sure they will be all there. I also think that we will take more guys for the secondary. I dont see the Dolphins drafting any D-line unless it is some sweet cant pass up guy. We have bigger needs

PSU Cane said:
1. Chad Greenway
2. Jon Scott/Eric Winston
3. Devin Hester/Kelly Jennings/Will Blackmon
4. Chris Harrell
7. Chris Barclay
7. Matt Rice
7. Jeromey Clary

I could see this, but Im not so high on Greenway anymore

ok

That's why i think Greenway may fall to us at 16. Before, he was being projected higher.

In that case, maybe we trade down a little in the first and pick up another pick, maybe 3 or 4th round? We can still get a guy like Carpenter or Lawson and pick up another DB like Cedric Griffin or Richard Marshall.

I'd still like to squeeze Brodie Croyle in somewhere. I really like this kid. Born leader and great arm.

Here is my fantasy draft :lol:

1st round- Young
2nd round- Leinart
3rd round - Cutler

Hell one of them will end up good :lol:

Good mock, even if we pick up Brees, I think Mueller will convince Saban to get someone in Rd's 2-4.

Dolfan2788 said:
Good mock, even if we pick up Brees, I think Mueller will convince Saban to get someone in Rd's 2-4.

Mueller is noted for drafting QB's even when the QB situation is still stable. I wouldn't doubt that he'd draft some prospect that could blossom in 4-5 years when with Brees.

playmaker1 said:
I like the mock, not sure they will be all there. I also think that we will take more guys for the secondary. I dont see the Dolphins drafting any D-line unless it is some sweet cant pass up guy. We have bigger needs
Right now our secondary has some youth in it (Daniels, Poole) but literally no veteran presence now that Sam is gone(?). We will draft CB or S but I think we definitely need someone reliable with NFL experience at both starters spots.

my fantasy draft:

1) michael huff
2) jon scott/ eric winston
3) jason allen
4) omar jacobs

Regan21286 said:
Actual- Version 1.0

I love Justice in the first.
But if we get Brees I'd hate to spend a 2nd on a QB. I feel like Mike Mayock about Croyle, he reminds me of the Detmer brothers. I rather spend a 2nd on a CB, S or OG.
I like your 3rd in Jennings but I don't think he'll be there for us.

Fun draft. I have to admit Justice scares me a bit, but the talent is there. I like Croyle if, like you said, he can stay on the field.

Back
Top Bottom