Two mock drafts: 1 feasible, 1 fantasy | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two mock drafts: 1 feasible, 1 fantasy

Pocoloco said:
my fantasy draft:

1) michael huff
2) jon scott/ eric winston
3) jason allen
4) omar jacobs

I would piss myself if we landed these guys!!

phinfan_1 said:
I love Justice in the first.
But if we get Brees I'd hate to spend a 2nd on a QB. I feel like Mike Mayock about Croyle, he reminds me of the Detmer brothers. I rather spend a 2nd on a CB, S or OG.
I like your 3rd in Jennings but I don't think he'll be there for us.

If we do get Brees, depending on that salary cap issue, I believe that pick could be used on someone like Max Jean Gilles or someone on D. Unless Jennings proves he can tackle and take hits, I don't think he'll go before late 2nd round or unless all the good CB's get taken way early in the 1st/2nd rounds.

A new update to the mock now that we have some new players.

Actual- Version 2.0
1st: Winston Justice (USC)- Has everything you look for in a franchise LT: Speed, agility, power, field sense. Has character issues but hopefully Saban can rein him in. When his head's in the game and he's out of trouble, he'll be the franchise LT we've been looking for and can allow Carey to properly handle the RT spot. Was a pivotal part of one of college football's most explosive offense. Can easily bring up comparisons with Walter Jones. If he's not available, Jonathan Scott can also be considered. Don't be surprised if Leinart, Young, or Cutler could drop to this spot and be taken by the Fins even with Culpepper on the roster. Or if Ashworth or another decent veteran T is signed, this could be used for Antonio Cromartie.

3rd: Spencer Havner (UCLA)- A blue chip LB who can play in multiple positions and has the physical stats, size, strength, and speed you look for. He's a hard tough worker as well as a leader both in the community and on the field. Solid against both run and pass and is capable of nagging an Int or 2 alongside a sack. Good at getting past traffic at the line and always gets to the ball. A poor man's AJ Hawk. Only question mark is his injury history. But with time spent behind ZT, should be a solid starter in the future.

4th: Pat Watkins (Florida St):Could be a steal at S. A good leader and has range. Pretty good coverage skills and can still help the run. Has a lot of potential and physical skill and is a good playmaker, things our secondary sorely needs. He really needs to hit the weights. Is inconsistent at times but that can be corrected. An underachiever who has the skills and potential to be a top FS.

7th: Montavious Stanley (Louisville.)- Possible NT prospect. Has the size you look for at (6'2, 313 lbs). Can stuff the run but might not help out as much in pass defense. Could be a sleeper pick.

7th:Jason Hatcher (Grambling St.)- A sleeper DE along the lines of Jason Taylor. Played against weak competition but has ideal size (6'6, 285lbs). An intense player who's adept at getting to the passer. Combines physical intensity with speed.

7th: Skyler Green (LSU)- A pretty fast WR who can help the ST. Saban should know him since he's an LSU product. Best case scenario is he turns into a lesser version of Santana Moss.

Possible Unsigned FA's
Matt Lentz- G (Michigan)
Donovan Raiola- C (Wisconsin)
Eric Bassey- CB (Oklahoma)
Justin London-LB (UCLA)
Kwakou Robinson- NT (Virginia)

Fantasy draft (will require a lot of luck).
1st- Matt Leinart (USC)- If other NFL GM's start drinking out of Rick Spielman's glass, he's ours. Can function better when he’s got the weapons, which we have. We get our Tom Brady here.
2nd-Eric Winston (Miami)- Previous injury doesn’t bother anymore and we end up with two Miami U. bookend tackles starting for the Miami Dolphins OL.
3rd- Antonio Cromartie (Florida St.)– GM’s could start thinking he’s too injury-prone and raw. Fine by me.
4th- Spencer Havner (UCLA)- I’m a UCLA homer. So sue me.
7th- Gabe Watson (Michigan)- GM’s get repulsed by this DT’s previous benching during senior year, and Watson becomes the next Michigan product to drop (see Ernest Shazor)
7th- Cody Douglas (Tennessee)- Good G prospect who’s strong, good size, and can possibly play C
7th- Melvin Oliver (LSU) – Saban decides to give his former DE a shot.

Pat Watkins could easily be a 2nd rounder.

Your fantasy draft still assumes we have a magical 2nd pick. I guess Minnesota gives it back to us for free? It IS a fantasy draft.... so it could happen.

Instead of Cromartie in the 3rd, put in Jimmy Williams. And instead of Havner, lets take Lawson in the 4th, and then Cutler in the 7th along with Gabe Watson and Mario Williams. We already have a good starting QB and if we get Cutler in the 7th, we might as well take Huff with the top pick to get a safety.

*tries to bit eat looking like a re-tard*

Back
Top Bottom