Two more UDFA's to Miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two more UDFA's to Miami

I can't imagine Mel Phillips asking for a better project...

KB21 said:

Looks like we got ourselves a dreadlock man.

pGLewis03-1.jpg

I was right about Mitchell. He tore an ACL in March during a pro workout. No one confirmed my earlier post but I found a link. He expects to be out at least 4-6 months. With an ACL for a speed guy, I'm guessing he'll miss all of 2005.

http://www.showmenews.com/2005/Mar/20050306Spor013.asp

Here's a summary from a different link:

Shirdonya Mitchell was having exactly the kind of day he had to have in order to impress NFL scouts during Missouri’s pro day at the Devine Pavilion yesterday.

In front of about 25 scouts, the departing MU cornerback displayed a chiseled physique and ran a blistering time in the 40-yard dash that produced a few oohs and ahs from the stopwatch-wielding officials.

"I was blowing up," Mitchell said. "I was having an excellent day."

Up until the time he went down in a heap after hyperextending his right knee during one of the day’s final drills.

While cutting hard to his right around a cone during the three-cone drill, Mitchell’s right foot stuck in the artificial turf causing his knee to buckle awkwardly under him. He crumpled to the turf in pain, producing groans and painful grimaces from several of the scouts on hand.

Mitchell laid on the turf for a few minutes while MU trainers tended to him. He eventually got to his feet and was helped off the field. He was later fitted with a knee brace and given crutches.

"I think I heard it pop," Mitchell said, solemnly. "Hopefully, there’s no ACL tear."

Hmm. Miami will put him on IR and let him rehab similar to the way they did Adewale Ogunleye.

A Ogun type of signing.

Awsi Dooger said:
I was right about Mitchell. He tore an ACL in March during a pro workout. No one confirmed my earlier post but I found a link. He expects to be out at least 4-6 months. With an ACL for a speed guy, I'm guessing he'll miss all of 2005.

http://www.showmenews.com/2005/Mar/20050306Spor013.asp

Here's a summary from a different link:

Shirdonya Mitchell was having exactly the kind of day he had to have in order to impress NFL scouts during Missouri’s pro day at the Devine Pavilion yesterday.

In front of about 25 scouts, the departing MU cornerback displayed a chiseled physique and ran a blistering time in the 40-yard dash that produced a few oohs and ahs from the stopwatch-wielding officials.

"I was blowing up," Mitchell said. "I was having an excellent day."

Up until the time he went down in a heap after hyperextending his right knee during one of the day’s final drills.

While cutting hard to his right around a cone during the three-cone drill, Mitchell’s right foot stuck in the artificial turf causing his knee to buckle awkwardly under him. He crumpled to the turf in pain, producing groans and painful grimaces from several of the scouts on hand.

Mitchell laid on the turf for a few minutes while MU trainers tended to him. He eventually got to his feet and was helped off the field. He was later fitted with a knee brace and given crutches.

"I think I heard it pop," Mitchell said, solemnly. "Hopefully, there’s no ACL tear."

DE IS SIGNED

The Dolphins signed undrafted free agent defensive end Van Brown of Northeast Oklahoma. Brown is the brother of Seattle Seahawks linebacker Chad Brown.

Saban expects to sign more undrafted free agents during the next few days.

Here is the link to Van Brown signing. It looks like Saban still wants to add more rookies. I got this from an article in the Herald.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/11482712.htm

BLUESTIGIDY said:
Wasn't Alex Holmes signed? If so, he's a keeper!! Watched him play at SC and he's a freakin' monster..... Can catch, block, and can run great routes in the middle of the field and/or crowded areas (GREAT HANDS WATCH THE OKLAHOMA TITLE GAME) ... Can't believe he wasn't drafted?! Just like I can't believe that Kay-Jay wasnt either..... Who Cares ---- now they're fins :eek:
If we signed Alex Holmes, that is a real coup. He was the best blocking TE in the draft, imo.
I can't believe this group of UDFAs we've signed so far. This is the best group I can ever remember us getting. So many with draftable grades it is almost like having extra picks or a 2nd draft.

Awsi Dooger said:
Maybe I'm wrong, because no one has mentioned it here, but I thought Mitchell suffered a severe knee injury during a workout for a pro team. A torn ligament that was supposed to sideline him for the 2005 season. I'm familiar with Mitchell and i thought he was a good major college sleeper. I damn sure remember when he picked off a Vincent Young pass last season and then Missouri tied the game one play later. I had a first half bet on Texas and that INT pissed me off.
That was what I was told too. He tore an acl at a private workout a few weeks ago. My guess is that was why he wasn't drafted and our signing him will be to salt him away for 2006 on the Reserve/Non-football Injury List, same as we did with Ogunleye a few years ago.

Anbody know anything about this Mitch Meeuwsen guy...Boomer do you?

Seems like a playmaker

Back
Top Bottom