Ty Law a Jet?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Law a Jet??

It's funny when the Jets lose a guy like Jason Ferguson who has had some good years but was good mainly b/c of who played alongside it is a big loss but getting a Ty Law is no big deal b/c Law sucks now. I think if we got ray Lewis most folks would say "no big deal, he's over the hill".

I think Law is not the same player he was three years ago. He was very dominant and a huge reason for the Pats' success, he was injured and had some unknown rookies take his place.
His contract would be huge, anyway. I can't really see many teams willing to pick up an aging corner with a bad injury, even if it Ty Law.
I can see him moving to safety eventually...

nyjunc said:
It's funny when the Jets lose a guy like Jason Ferguson who has had some good years but was good mainly b/c of who played alongside it is a big loss but getting a Ty Law is no big deal b/c Law sucks now. I think if we got ray Lewis most folks would say "no big deal, he's over the hill".

The guys foot is shot. If you can't move, you can't play. Im sure Law will get himself into "playable" shape by September. But if you think he is going to be the same player, your nuts.

Laws a good corner, but he does not instill fear in any of our wide receivers like he use too. he will never be a pro bowler again.

Law is a top 5 corner. and should have been SB MVP, insted of brady a few years back....

hes not getting any younger, but right not hes top 5.

in 2 years that might change. but we are talkin about right now.

It all depends on how his injury heals. Hey MAY never be the same, or he may come back strong as ever. No one doubts how good he was before he got hurt... the question is just going to be how he comes back...

MikeO said:
The guys foot is shot. If you can't move, you can't play. Im sure Law will get himself into "playable" shape by September. But if you think he is going to be the same player, your nuts.

Of course he's not going to be the same player but 80% of Ty is still better than most corners and better than Donnie Abraham who we had last year.

Law will either be a boom or a bust. Hopefully a bust.

nyjunc said:
Of course he's not going to be the same player but 80% of Ty is still better than most corners and better than Donnie Abraham who we had last year.

You are probably better than Donnie Abraham. Doesn't mean it helps your team! And 80% of Ty Law these days at his age isn't better than most corners

so-long-Ricky said:
As far as I'm concerned he's the best "overall" CB in the league......and I really hope he stays out of the AFC East (unless Buffalo signs him)

.....and anyone that thinks he won't be 100% by the start of camp is wishful thinking. The only reason he isn't signed yet is bacause teams want to make sure his injury heals correctly before they give him the 12-15m signing bonus he's going to get.

This doesn't make sense for the Jets..they don't want to pay Abraham, but will pay Law top 5 CB money (even tho he has slipped from the top 5) ?? And there is a concern he won't be back by camp time, although he should be ready to rumble by season's start...Still, kind of questionable that KC and Minny didn't want him at that price but the Jests do ??

It seems like ever since Milloy left via Buffalo, Law has gone straight downhill. The Jets can have him. He's old, beat up, and still wanting PB dollars. No thanks....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I actually agree with nycjunc. No matter what, everytime an AFC East team gets a guy, all the other AFCE forums say, "No big deal... he sucks..etc.." Take off your homer-hats guys and talk NFL football, not Dolphin football.

Law when healthy is easily a top 5 CB. No team must think is healthy as of now though. Now I thought he'd be fine after his injury, but after reading up on it some more, it is much more serious and has actually ended people's career's. I forget the exact term for the break he had though.

If Law heals though, and he returns to form (which is no guarantee) then they really helped their team in the short term. The bad news is Law's age, money demands. But if the the Jets can pay him and he can play, that is nothing short of a huge improvment for a team in our division.

Back
Top Bottom