Ty Law, and other players I would be interested in the fins getting | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Law, and other players I would be interested in the fins getting

Philter25 said:
Come on, we trade Surtain who isnt injured as a cap move and now you want to sign Ty Law? :lol:

So we trade a healthy Pat Surtain to free up cap space, and what do we do with that freed up cap space? We sign an overpriced Ty Law WHOS INJURED!

No thanks.

You think we want another guy in the substance abuse program in Carter? We dont need another QB. We already have 4 mediocre ones, we dont need 5.

WRs: Yes, I will agree with you. We need a #3 WR and Boston, Hakim, Hillard and Streets should be considered.
Not hilliard. Hes hurt every 5 minutes.

Uh oh I just heard a bone crack; I bet its his left nostril this time.

We have 3 QB's on our roster so we are set for this year atleast..

GreenMonster said:
Quincy Carter is a younger Jay Fielder with a weed smoking problem.. I will pass.

One of the funniest lines I've read on here.

Tai Streets, Curtis Conway, Azhir or Boston would be nice additions that would make our receiving core more of a threat. We need one of them.

Troy brown is done. There is a reason bill isn't resigning.

Doktor Ivel said:
whats up with Ty Law still being a free agent? I know that he was hurt, but when he was healthy, he was outstanding.....he will beable to overcome his injury.

Quincy Carter at QB, he was good when he played. I relize he has been in the substance abouse program, but He could fight for the 1st string spot, if not then gurnteed back up.

Bob Whitefield at offensive tackle.

there is a series of wrs that we should look at.....such as Az-Zahair Hakim, Tai Streets, Ike Hillard, Troy Brown, and Curtis Conway

I agree with u with everything except about getting Ty law, he costs too much, he is hurt, old and injury prone. Quincy Carter would be good, but he would probably be a back up like u said.

TY LAW is old and broken down....I'll pass.

GreenMonster said:
Ty Law is old, hurt, and wants a pretty big payday.. Not gonna happen here

Quincy Carter is a younger Jay Fielder with a weed smoking problem.. I will pass.

Bob Whitefield is old as dirt, and couldn't beat out the bad tackles we already have..

I am sure we will look for some depth at the WR position though..

Actually i think he does coke.

Doktor Ivel said:
whats up with Ty Law still being a free agent? I know that he was hurt, but when he was healthy, he was outstanding.....he will beable to overcome his injury.

Quincy Carter at QB, he was good when he played. I relize he has been in the substance abouse program, but He could fight for the 1st string spot, if not then gurnteed back up.

Bob Whitefield at offensive tackle.

there is a series of wrs that we should look at.....such as Az-Zahair Hakim, Tai Streets, Ike Hillard, Troy Brown, and Curtis Conway

Ty Law ?? The formerly CB-starved Cheifs didn't want him, what makes you think he'd do ok for us ? He is not recovered from last years injury and probably wants top-flight money. He is at the point in his career, that you might get another year or so from him, or he may be spent, especially with the plantar injury. Too much risk for not enough return for me...

Carter is one positive test from a year suspension...again, too risky even with our uncertain QB situation.

Whitefield ?? Isn't he about 58 years old...(actually it's 35) but he is pretty spent. Our OL prospects that we have are much younger, albeit less experienced..the issue is that continuity could be built thru our younger guys that would pay bigger dividends than using Whitefield for a year...I don't know anything about his general health either.

WR...I think that Saban will probably pick up someone after June 1 to come in and be our #3 guy...Maybe Az Hakim or Boston...or whoever else is cut after June 1. Thompson did play better in the second half of last year, but I really just don't like him...he has never lived up to his billing when we acquired him...

I don't want any of those players with the possible exception of a WR. I really hope we resign David Boston for a vet minimum and hope his injury has healed.

I'd love to sign Ty Law to an incentive based contract. I know he wouldnt accept it but we could sign him to a one year deal loaded with incentives so if he gets hurt or plays poor it wouldnt be that much of a risk. The deal would work out both ways, if Law plays well we get a great player cheaper than we'd expect and it would help Law out because he can prove to the NFL that he is truely a shutdown corner and that he hasnt lost a step.

Troy Brown is a winner. I wouldn't mind him. I never wanted to let Boston go anyways, and we wouldn't have if Surtain were already gone, but bring him back. And for guys like Law (at this point in his career), you get what you pay for. Most of the time.

Quincy Carter wouldnt challenge for the starter, Ty Law will be pretty expensive and is old again we need to get younger on defense not older. And Hakim and Boston are the only WR that really interested me, a few of the people you named are in no way an upgrade over Thompson so what's the point?

Back
Top Bottom