Ty LAw coming in for a second time? Weird | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty LAw coming in for a second time? Weird

I believe that out of all teams in the race, we're in the best financial shape.

And these other teams aren't idiots. They won'ty go blindly firing cash around. So KC offered him a big deal, whoopie...If he wants the green, he can go and hump Dick Vermeils leg because I don't see that offer anymore.

He should get what he's given. Personally, I've gone off of him after the whole "How can they afford me?" comment.

Perhaps he's coming back to prove he can now run??? When he came in earlier it was for an interview since he could not work out. Now maybe he can. If so he's worth talking to imo.

I think they are going to up their offer to Law but I dont see how we could sign Schulters and Law unless we will be cutting off some fat from the cap.

Law is trying to come back from a very serious injury, and is going to make everybody think he is fine. I believe the only thing guaranteed about him is his EGO!!!!!!!

How the heck is KC still in the running. I seriously dont know how they are under the salary cap. I highly doubt KC signs Surtain and Law in the same season......

As for us, cutting DBowens would be our biggest savings. Reggie Howard we would take a dead cap hit with but a lot of people feel if Reggie doesnt have a good year this year, then this year will be his last. I happen to agree with that line of thinking but Im still optimistic that with a zone scheme, Reggie will be a much better CB than he was last year.... however if he fails to step it up this year, next year he will be first on my chopping block.

I wouldn't mind us signing Law to a one-year contract that pays close to what we would have paid Surtain for a year. I prefer Surtain, but look at it in the cold, harsh light of the NFL: Assume that the CB position opposite Madison is going to cost X dollars for the 2005 season. Would you rather have Surtain (and then lose him to FA), or Law plus a draft pick (which turned out to be Channing Crowder)? It's a close call if Law is healthy. I suspect that's why the team wants him to come back.

Again, I prefer Surtain. I'm just trying to look at the situation from a different perspective.

He's a poor man's Patrick Surtain but chances are they are going to have to choose between signing Ty Law and Lance Shulters. I'd take Lance and Ty Law is acting like an ***hole.

forget about law, we dont need him IMO i thik we need to sign schulters before we even try to sign law. he wants a massive contract for a long a$$ time :shakeno:

i think daniels will do just fine opposite madison we dont need to be giving this ahole all that $$.

If Law comes to Miami I'd be freaking elated. I don't think we have the cap room to be able to throw the loot he wants his way...

Ty Law is the best corner in football when healthy....and yes that includes the immortal Pat Surtain. Some of you can't look past how much you hate the Patriots and see just how good the guy is....

B.T.W....I HATE all things Patriot but I gotta call it as I see it.

Raekwon The Che said:
He's a poor man's Patrick Surtain but chances are they are going to have to choose between signing Ty Law and Lance Shulters. I'd take Lance and Ty Law is acting like an ***hole.

Ty Law is a poor man's Patrick Surtain are you kidding. Ty Law in his prime was a better corner than Surtain or Madison. He is older and coming of an injury, but this guys 2003 was better than both a younger Surtain and Madison. Law has been one of the top corners since his rookie year.

He would help us thats for sure, but dont keep your hopes up.

Here's hoping he's left outta the dance like an ugly fat chick.

He needs a good dose of reality. While he probably still has some talent that would be helpful, there's no guarantee that he would be the same player that he has in the past. In fact the odds are that he has lost some pysical skills with the injury and his age. I, for one hope we stick to our guns with the minimum offer and then sign Schulters to a 2 year contract.

HysterikiLL said:
I believe that out of all teams in the race, we're in the best financial shape.

And these other teams aren't idiots. They won'ty go blindly firing cash around. So KC offered him a big deal, whoopie...If he wants the green, he can go and hump Dick Vermeils leg because I don't see that offer anymore.

He should get what he's given. Personally, I've gone off of him after the whole "How can they afford me?" comment.

Yeah, that comment really turned me off of Law too. He's got too high of an opinion of himself for soemone coming off of a potentially career-changing injury. Prove yourself again and then you'll get paid. The guy is a prick.

Back
Top Bottom