Ty Law hurt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Law hurt

Rick 1966

Professional Hipshooter
Reaction score
ESPN reported this morning that Ty Law has a bad ankle and a rib injury and hasn't practiced all week. Don't know if he'll play.

So is there a chance that there will be 3 rookie starters in the secondary now?

I don't think he's going to play.

If he does he's gonna be hobblin all over the place.

Hmmm

Perhaps we might actually make a pass play over 25 yards.....

Yeah, I'll keep dreaming....sigh

:(

It doesn't matter...we have Fiedler at QB.

(Read whatever you want into this statement.)

Ty Law has yet to practice this week. He won't play. Mike Vrabel has been practicing...he might suit up, but if so he will be used sparingly, only in certain situations.

I guess Asante Samuel will start at CB and Eugene Wilson at FS. That means only two rookies...but one of the corners is Tyrone Poole.

Trust me, our team knows Tyrone Poole, from back when he was with the Colts, and when he was with the Broncos. We can burn that mutha all day long. Just put Chris Chambers on him and toss it long.

Fiedler will just overthrow him if we do.

we also need to find the time to get it off long, Belichick always designs some scheme to put pressure on the QB. Can you imagine if he coached our D?

Wow, a Ty Law thread turned into an anti-Fiedler thread.

Not having Ty Law on the field is just going to hurt the Pats more. As of now, a lot of their top guys are injured including big signing Rosevelt Colvin who is out for the year. They are doing really badly with injuries.

Starters for the Patriots look like they will be..

LDE Bobby Hamilton
NT Ty Warren (rookie)
RDE Richard Seymour

LOLB Willie McGinnest (hurting)
LILB Teddy Bruschi
RILB Roman Phifer
ROLB Matt Chatham

LCB Asante Samuel (rookie)
SS Rodney Harrison
FS Eugene Wilson (rookie)
RCB Tyrone Poole

Rookie Dan Klecko will see a lot of time at OLB and along the DL.

This is where releasing a Lawyer Milloy really hurts you because they shifted Rodney Harrison to Milloy's spot, and used a rookie corner Eugene Wilson to play FS now...which leaves Asante Samuel in a prominent role along with Tyrone Poole.

Which means, they lose Ty Law for a game or so, and they are screwed. All the sudden they have a rookie starting CB (not a highly touted one either), and Tyrone Poole as their #1 guy...with like practically NO other backup corners...instead they have safeties like Chris Akins and Antwan Harris. And another one of their backups in the secondary is injured, Je'Rod Cherry.

Conceivably the Pats could walk into this sunday's game with only 6 defensive backs suited up.

I wonder if they won't put Eugene Wilson back at corner for this game and use Antwan Harris or Chris Akins at FS.

McKnight should have a day against their third corner.

I think the Pats might stick with a 4-3 alignment. Is Ty Warren playing better??

Cant underestimate Asante Samuel....watched him play at college (UCF) and he was one hell of an athlete....and he had that good lookin pick against Vinny (hell anyone can look good against vinny but still) with fiedler at the helm (and with any of the three miami QBs at the helm) he can still make plays....we just need to pound the ball....

Back
Top Bottom