Tyson v. McBride | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyson v. McBride

Predaphin said:
Yeah, i wasn't expecting him to go out like that...i was expecting him to go out like Julio Cesar Chavez...

He was winning the damn fight...I dont understand why he quit

He was done. He had nothing left in the tank. 3 more minutes is a long time in the ring and his heart wasn't in it. The cards didn't matter, neither one of those guys could of gone on much longer. I told my boy that it would be physically impossible for them to go past 6. Bla, bla bla.....Zu did it last weekend, now Mike.

This Cotto fight is looking good.

ether79 said:
:shakeno: WOW. I'd say Tyson is done for good now.

They say that everytime. But as long as chumps keep paying $44 or whatever to watch him, he will be back

MikeO said:
They say that everytime. But as long as chumps keep paying $44 or whatever to watch him, he will be back

You jump into the thread calling everyone chumps huh?

You know what man, it's something called loyalty. Tyson has fans, just as the Dolphins have fans. So I guess everyone that was still watching the Fins last year and paying $XX for tickets and $XX for the dish when they were 0-8 or 2-11 or whatever are chumps too?

Don't be an idiot.

Martel said:
Tyson has fans, just as the Dolphins have fans. .

You are a fan of a man who raped a female? (just asking)

MikeO said:

I don't know what happened between Mike Tyson and that woman. I do know that my own mother has been in prison most of my life, so no, I don't judge people on prison time.

Well I hope this puts to rest the notion that Tyson is a legit fighter anymore. He's easily the most overrated athlete Ive ever seen. He's never beaten a good fighter in his career. Why people place him in company with the greats is beyond me. He handpicked weak competition and knocked them out in 1 round for years. Once he stepped in with real competition he was exposed. Buster Douglas beat him in his prime, the guy's a straight up loser. People need to watch his fights instead of believing the hype. Overrated chump.

finfansince72 said:
Well I hope this puts to rest the notion that Tyson is a legit fighter anymore. He's easily the most overrated athlete Ive ever seen. He's never beaten a good fighter in his career. Why people place him in company with the greats is beyond me. He handpicked weak competition and knocked them out in 1 round for years. Once he stepped in with real competition he was exposed. Buster Douglas beat him in his prime, the guy's a straight up loser. People need to watch his fights instead of believing the hype. Overrated chump.

Certainly we're all entitled to our opinions. But I disagree with you. Douglas should have never won that fight. When Tyson knocked him down the referee didn't start the count right away. He kept moving Tyson back and didn't start the count. Because of that Douglas was allowed to get back up and eventually win the fight. The fight should have been over right there.

Mike Tyson was the Youngest Heavyweight Champion of all time. He's fought all the best possible fights he could have. To say he handpicked them would be ignorant. We see plenty of other fighters fighting journeyman but none of them dominant the first round like Tyson use to. To also say he has never beat anyone good in his career would also be a lie. How can you say Larry Holmes, Tony Tubbs, Ruddock, Frans Botham Frank Bruno, Alex Stewart, Carl Williams, Michael Spinks, Andrew Golota, Tony Tucker, Clifford Etienne etc.. aren't good fighters? Mike fought & destroyed 4 boxers who were, like him, undefeated at the time he fought them. Tucker, Biggs, Spinks, and Mathis. Perhaps you should watch the fights instead of putting him down.

I also won't go on about how he revived boxing. IMO Tyson lost the people he needed most after signing with Don King. Tyson bought in to Kings BS. King gave Mike an entourage, cars, money, etc. But failed to give him tools to stay at the top.

MikeO said:

What's wrong with being a fan of him? Certainly I'm not a fan of what he does outside of the ring. But when he steps into the ring i'm a huge fan. He was a horrible person but a great fighter.

byroan said:
Certainly we're all entitled to our opinions. But I disagree with you. Douglas should have never won that fight. When Tyson knocked him down the referee didn't start the count right away. He kept moving Tyson back and didn't start the count. Because of that Douglas was allowed to get back up and eventually win the fight. The fight should have been over right there.

Oh god, this is the exact reason I hate Tyson fans. Most delusional fans on earth, they have an excuse for everything. You do realize a ref's 10 count is rarely exactly 10 seconds? It's ALMOST ALWAYS more than 10 seconds. Not only that, Douglas was exactly aware of the count. He got up when he needed to, not a second earlier. If by chance the ref's count was faster, Douglas still would've gotten up in time, because he was always fully aware of the count.

Face it, Douglas DOMINATED that fight from start to finish (other than the knockdown).

LIQUID24 said:
Oh god, this is the exact reason I hate Tyson fans. Most delusional fans on earth, they have an excuse for everything. You do realize a ref's 10 count is rarely exactly 10 seconds? It's ALMOST ALWAYS more than 10 seconds. Not only that, Douglas was exactly aware of the count. He got up when he needed to, not a second earlier. If by chance the ref's count was faster, Douglas still would've gotten up in time, because he was always fully aware of the count.

Face it, Douglas DOMINATED that fight from start to finish (other than the knockdown).

If you say so. It has nothing to do with being 10 seconds. It has to do with when he started counting. The fight would have been over with. Douglas didn't get up until 8 seconds. So he dominated? Big deal. Tyson dominated the fight tonight and his last fight against Danny Williams. He lost both of them. I don't have an excuse for anything. I'm just giving you facts. Whether you want to believe it or not then that's your choice.

There was some controversy: Douglas was down for 12 or 13 seconds in the eighth round. But it wasn't called,

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/deadzone.html

Yeah, I'm not denying it was a long count, I'm just saying Douglas would've gotten up in time either way. If you disagree that's fine.

I will say that Mike Tyson in his prime was a great, great fighter. And a lot of fun to watch. I own many of his fights. There will never be another 20 year old champ again. I honestly don't think he's gonna retire but I hope he does.

LIQUID24 said:
Yeah, I'm not denying it was a long count, I'm just saying Douglas would've gotten up in time either way. If you disagree that's fine.

I will say that Mike Tyson in his prime was a great, great fighter. And a lot of fun to watch. I own many of his fights. There will never be another 20 year old champ again. I honestly don't think he's gonna retire but I hope he does.

Sounds good. We'll never know what could have happened.

I also think he needs to retire. I saw it all tonight and it was pathetic. Didn't remind me of the classic Tyson one bit. At least when he fought Danny he looked like himself the first 2 rounds. Just a shame he broke his leg early on. Maybe he could have won. Tyson was the reason I got into boxing and I'll miss watching him.

I know a lot depressed Tyson fans right now. At first I was laughing, but then I remembered how I felt when Roy Jones (one of my favorite fighters) lost. I felt sick to my stomach, even worse than when the Dolphins lose. I imagine you guys feel that way right now...I'm sure it sucks.

Back
Top Bottom