U-20 World Cup | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

U-20 World Cup

Interesting, after their impressive win over Mexico, I am not too sure If they are going to be "easy".

:lol: Hey, last time we played them we tied, so shh ;)

Originally posted by Prime Time
:lol: Hey, last time we played them we tied, so shh ;)

It was a friendly and the whole US team was MLS players. The last time the USA played Mexico when it mattered, the USA won 2-0 in the World Cup to send Mexico home. :)

You really are a USA Homer, but that's a good thing :)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=50116

USA beat Ivory Coast 2-0.

I saw the match, let me say USA is very impressive. Eddie Johnson is the best player on the team, he has great potential, I like his style very creative. They now will be playing Argentina.

The only negative criticism I can say about USA is that once they get a lead they don't like to attack anymore for nothing whatsoever and it actually invites the other team to have many scoring opportunites.

The coach of USA u-20 is awesome, I would love to see him take over the national side. I don't know his name, breat great tough leadership.

Originally posted by Dolfan02

I saw the match, let me say USA is very impressive. Eddie Johnson is the best player on the team, he has great potential, I like his style very creative. They now will be playing Argentina.

The only negative criticism I can say about USA is that once they get a lead they don't like to attack anymore for nothing whatsoever and it actually invites the other team to have many scoring opportunites.

The coach of USA u-20 is awesome, I would love to see him take over the national side. I don't know his name, breat great tough leadership.

There are a lot of good players on the team. Justin Mapp, Bobby Convey, and Ricardo Clark are all pretty good. Eddie Johnson has scored quite a few goals.

There are a lot of good players on the team. Justin Mapp, Bobby Convey, and Ricardo Clark are all pretty good. Eddie Johnson has scored quite a few goals.

Mapp got kinda lucky on that goal vs Ivory Coast IMO. But he did a good job of getting the ball ahead of him. Convey has indeed improved in his skills, I've noticed the change a lot in his game, I was happy about that because some of his critics have said he was just hype. And Eddie is amazing. The way he kicked those penalty shot s aginst Korea and IVC?? Damn, the guy has a leg and a fake.

Argentina 2- 1 USA :(

USA was ten seconds away from winning but a late goal from Argentina took the game into extra time, where Argentina scored to win the game. :(

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=50271&itype=113&iCategoryID=0

I had the day off.. so I saw the game. It was such a great game. I'm really surprised of how exciting these u-20 games are. Its just as exciting as the regular world cup. But an unbelieveable game. I think Argentina had the better team. USA's goal came on a counter-attack and the shot should have been blocked by the Argentine goalie. Both teams played well, but Argentina was in possession of the ball more often. What was controversial was the fact that 4 extra minutes were added to the end of the 2nd half. And then obviously, the goal literally came at the last second of that extra time. The overtime penalty is also sketchy, but I'll give Argentina the benefit of the doubt because the US defender did partly kick the striker's foot. But you can tell the defender was going for the ball. I was kinda upset it ended up like that, one team scores a goal in the last second of an extra 4th minute and then a sketchy penalty shot to win it. But thats soccer. Anyways, Argentina might have played better than USA. USA also had an incredible opportunity to score a 2nd goal at the end of regular time, Eddie Johnson was all by himself with the goalie on another counter-attack and he just missed it.

Back
Top Bottom