UM and MSU should be first two picks in draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UM and MSU should be first two picks in draft

Drew Staton? No way. Jared Zabransky of Boise State would be a better choice. No one is tougher, he has the skills and given our new coach's rep for working with QBs, Jared's only down side, the occasional poor decision - trying to do too much - can be mitigated. I am a big believer in using the TE as an integral part of the offense, not just blocking. Derek Schouman is your man. Goodness knows we need help on the OL and Ryan Keating 6’4†319 is an outstanding OT.

Need D? Cory Hall and Colt Brooks are two guys that can play! No BS just good solid play and good solid character.

Here is the bottom line. Boise State has done so well because we look for quality, not flash. Character, not out of control ego. It is high time for all you easterners to get over yourselves and lose the east coast prejudice and see the talent that is really out there.

what a surprise - a boise state fan saying zabransky is a better prospect than stanton. do you know stanton as well? can you compare the character of each? zabransky is late second-day pick, stanton is a second rounder. i'm not saying i'm dying to see stanton in a fin uniform, but c'mon.

I'm not sold on Drew Stanton. Intrigued, but not sold. I also think that either Detroit or Oakland is going to snap him up in the top of round 2 if
one of them doesn't go QB in round 1.

if det goes joe thomas in the first, i'm betting they go drew stanton in the second. oakland seems poised to go with russell first overall.

round 1
From the University of Michigan... DT-Alan Branch. Our NG for the next 10 years

round 2
From Michigan State University....QB-Drew Staton. Cameron should turn this guy into a better version of Drew Brees. He's bigger and possesses a stronger arm. Just needs the coaching. I hope he's there when we pick in the 2nd round

Works for me. Especially the Stanton pick. Ive been saying since day 1 we must draft this guy with our 2nd pick. As for the first pick, im almost positive we will draft Ginn Jr. My main focus on the draft will be us drafting a QB. This year i am almost positive it will happen. Lets just let it be Drew Stanton.

I would mind alot.

Going DL with our first pick in the draft?

The talk that our DL is the oldest in the league has run so rampant no one stops to remember that we have Kevin Vickerson 24, Fredrick Evans 23, Rodrique Wright 22, and possibly Manny Wright 22.

You might tell me "Those guys are all unproven." True. As much as any other rookie/youngster who hasn't been given the opportunity to prove themselves. We've drafted and bread these guys for a reason. It's time to see what they got.

We can't continue to build the defense and ignore the offense or the status quo will continue here- great defense, no offense, no glory. The offense desperately needs the first pick in the draft.

I like Drew Stanton in 2nd.

i cant argue with u when u contradict your own statement. take manny wright off the list. none of these guys play nose tackle though

I wouldn't mind Branch or if Quinn drops down at 9 in the first.
But we need to get oline in the 2nd round.

Dude GINN is goin to be a phin he is goin to be our first draft pick, so you might as well be getting used to it:fire:

Im not gonna predict anything but the interview with Mueller sure points to him having his eye on Ginn. But then again who knows.

You read my thoughts...DET isnt going to draft Quinn at #2. They are strongly interested in drafting Joe Thomas in round 1. So I can see them targeting Stanton with the #2 pick in the 2nd round.

We should target Kalil in round 2. I would say Staley...but I think OAK will select him with the #1 pick in the 2nd round...since they will select Jamarcus Russell #1 overall and have a pitiful OLine.

I agree with that. Staley is a flashier pick, but Kalil is just what the doctor
ordered. Maybe we can have our cake and eat it too if Mozes is there in the
4th. The guy is highly rated and decorated as a college player but scouts are down on him, as well as NFL Draft Countdown, which I think is a great site. I don't know, from what little I saw the guy is pretty darned good. Same size as the guy
who played for the Jets a couple of years ago (name?), all-pro and got major props from Zach Thomas. Maybe OT's Doug Free and Tony Ugoh will be in play as well.

Drew Staton? No way. Jared Zabransky of Boise State would be a better choice. No one is tougher, he has the skills and given our new coach's rep for working with QBs, Jared's only down side, the occasional poor decision - trying to do too much - can be mitigated. I am a big believer in using the TE as an integral part of the offense, not just blocking. Derek Schouman is your man. Goodness knows we need help on the OL and Ryan Keating 6’4†319 is an outstanding OT.

Need D? Cory Hall and Colt Brooks are two guys that can play! No BS just good solid play and good solid character.

Here is the bottom line. Boise State has done so well because we look for quality, not flash. Character, not out of control ego. It is high time for all you easterners to get over yourselves and lose the east coast prejudice and see the talent that is really out there.
Oh is THAT what you call a homer?

Drew Stanton is a more talented version of Jarred Zabransky. That's not to say I don't like Zabransky, but Stanton posesses the same qualities, he just has more physical qualities that you look for in a QB.

I would mind alot.

Going DL with our first pick in the draft?

The talk that our DL is the oldest in the league has run so rampant no one stops to remember that we have Kevin Vickerson 24, Fredrick Evans 23, Rodrique Wright 22, and possibly Manny Wright 22.

You might tell me "Those guys are all unproven." True. As much as any other rookie/youngster who hasn't been given the opportunity to prove themselves. We've drafted and bread these guys for a reason. It's time to see what they got.

We can't continue to build the defense and ignore the offense or the status quo will continue here- great defense, no offense, no glory. The offense desperately needs the first pick in the draft.

I like Drew Stanton in 2nd.

I pretty much agree. For some reason the stockpile of young DL talent is being ignored. Even the least likely one, Fred Evans, looks like he has the potential to make an impact. OL, WR, TE, maybe QB, we need OFFENSE.

Back
Top Bottom