UNC NCAA Champions!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC NCAA Champions!!!!

Ferretsquig said:
But please never underrate McCants. He single-handedly won games for the tar heels this year. There is noone with his ability in the college ranks.

McCants missed too many wide open shots for me. I'm not a big fan of his. But I love Felton, he's made such an improvement to his 3 pt shot.

byroan said:
McCants missed too many wide open shots for me. I'm not a big fan of his. But I love Felton, he's made such an improvement to his 3 pt shot.

I dont think you would say that if you had watched all the the games. McCants has his hot and cold days like any shooter and his most notable cold one was against Duke. But through most of the season he was hitting 50% of his threes, which is just incredible.

Ferretsquig said:
I dont think you would say that if you had watched all the the games. McCants has his hot and cold days like any shooter and his most notable cold one was against Duke. But through most of the season he was hitting 50% of his threes, which is just incredible.

I did watch every single game. It was the times we needed him to be hot where he got cold.

byroan said:
I did watch every single game. It was the times we needed him to be hot where he got cold.

I think we'd be fine if he left BUt McCants is a big time player and he was vital to our Championship run. he is the best scorer in the Country, nobody can drain the 3 and attack the basket like he does. he's not a great ballhandler but he's ok, remember he was great early in the year then he struggled after he got sick. He was outstanding in the Tourney until the 2nd half the other night.

nyjunc said:
I think we'd be fine if he left BUt McCants is a big time player and he was vital to our Championship run. he is the best scorer in the Country, nobody can drain the 3 and attack the basket like he does. he's not a great ballhandler but he's ok, remember he was great early in the year then he struggled after he got sick. He was outstanding in the Tourney until the 2nd half the other night.

Yeah he was good in the tourney. He's a good player yea, but he's just let me down too many times so he wasn't my favorite player on the team. Good enough to make my sig though :wink:

byroan said:

The only time he couldnt come up big was that Duke loss, where he was sick. He carried the team through the Kentucky win, he was the only player to show up in that loss to Wake, and was always the player they turned to when they were struggling. Not Felton, not May.... There are times when every shooter gets cold, but it didnt happen very often for McCants.

Ferretsquig said:
The only time he couldnt come up big was that Duke loss, where he was sick. He carried the team through the Kentucky win, he was the only player to show up in that loss to Wake, and was always the player they turned to when they were struggling. Not Felton, not May.... There are times when every shooter gets cold, but it didnt happen very often for McCants.

He wasn't sick when they lost to Duke. He didn't get sick until the next Duke game. The Heels won't miss a beat with him going Pro. The team can win without him. He isn't THAT important to the team. Felton is the most important player on the team with May being 2nd.

byroan said:
He wasn't sick when they lost to Duke. He didn't get sick until the next Duke game. The Heels won't miss a beat with him going Pro. The team can win without him. He isn't THAT important to the team. Felton is the most important player on the team with May being 2nd.

He was sick during the first duke game, they just hadn't figured out what was wrong w/ him. he played w/ his illness for a few games before finally sitting out I think 2 games after the 1st duke game.

May is coming back, he just told my brother (coach at UNC) and he will talk them all into coming back, except McCants who thinks he's to good!

As a matter of fact, my brother is on his way to a private lunch with the team for coaches and staff of the school, and he is bringing his two copies of the new Sports Ill. for May to sign for him and myself. It will go in my office on the wall next to my 1995 Sports Ill signed by Stackhouse!

Geeze leave those poor kids alone. They were out in the quad yesterday just trying to get their lunch and were mobbed by students trying to get their t-shirts signed.

I'll believe Marvin is coming back when the NBA draft deadline is passed. If some team guarantees that he will be taken with a top 5 pick it will be tough to turn down.

Ferretsquig said:
Geeze leave those poor kids alone. They were out in the quad yesterday just trying to get their lunch and were mobbed by students trying to get their t-shirts signed.

I'll believe Marvin is coming back when the NBA draft deadline is passed. If some team guarantees that he will be taken with a top 5 pick it will be tough to turn down.

They all swim for training with my brother, that must be a site!!!! :eek:

Awesome stuff NJ. Hook me up with an autograph :)

All I gotta say is get ready for them Dukies next year.

Shelden Williams
Josh McRoberts
JJ Redick
Shavlik Randolph
Sean Dockery
Greg Paulus
Eric Boateng
Lee Melchioni
Demarcus Nelson
Jamal Boykin

You know that little "depth" problem they had last year? Yeah...scratch that.

Duke is going to the Final Four in Indy.

DolphinDevil28 said:
All I gotta say is get ready for them Dukies next year.

Shelden Williams
Josh McRoberts
JJ Redick
Shavlik Randolph
Sean Dockery
Greg Paulus
Eric Boateng
Lee Melchioni
Demarcus Nelson
Jamal Boykin

You know that little "depth" problem they had last year? Yeah...scratch that.

Duke is going to the Final Four in Indy.

Scratch that and scratch their best player off their roster. Whos going to be the point? Dockery? If everyone from Carolina goes pro then they will fight with Ga Tech for the top spot in the ACC. If Felton decides to stay then get ready for a sweep. Reddick still cant get images of Manuel out of his head, wait till he has Noel in his grill for 40 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom