UNC to retire Hansbrough's jersey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC to retire Hansbrough's jersey

NJFINSFAN1

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The junior was honored as national player of the year by Sporting News on Tuesday, ensuring he will become just the eighth Tar Heel to have his number retired. When he leaves school, Hansbrough will join a list that includes Michael Jordan, James Worthy and Phil Ford on the distinguished front row of jerseys hanging from the Smith Center rafters.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/7898724/UNC-to-retire-Hansbrough's-jersey?FSO2&ATT=MA

cool... hopefully they will be hanging a new National Title banner at the same time they hang his jersey. :)

I should be expecting my sporting News signed player of the year mag soon from my brother!!!!

I'll put up next to my SI's player of the year mags signed by Jerry Stackhouse (who jumped over me and dunked on me) and Sean May.

I dont see whats so special about him. He's got alot of heart and plays hard, but I dont see it.

Retired jersey? Seems a little too much for a guy like him. I don't think he's MJ worthy but then again not many are

Retired jersey? Seems a little too much for a guy like him. I don't think he's MJ worthy but then again not many are

There is a system for retired jerseys in place and Tyler meets those qualifications. If Tyler stays for his sr. yera he might go down as the great player in UNC history, he will be all-ACC 1st team 4 years in a row, 2 time ACC POY, maybe 2 time NPOY and hopefully 2 FFs w/ at least 1 title.

I should be expecting my sporting News signed player of the year mag soon from my brother!!!!

I'll put up next to my SI's player of the year mags signed by Jerry Stackhouse (who jumped over me and dunked on me) and Sean May.

where's mine huhhh? i've only been asking for like a million years now. i thought you lurved me!!! :(

we just ordered a UNC logo fathead for the home office...and were painting this weekend. I have a TON of signed stuff were planning on putting up....including my SIGNED 1995 Duke vs. UNC ball by Stackhouse ;)

I dont see whats so special about him. He's got alot of heart and plays hard, but I dont see it.

maybe you should watch some college basketball....or seen one of the 18 televised UNc games this year ;) Not only has he averaged a double double and led the tarheels to the #1 ranking in the country, but he averaged nearly 30 pts and 11 rebounds during Ty Lawsons absence. He is a beast inside and this year he showed his ability to play face up to the basket and his mid-range jumper. Every year he progresses as an overall player.....and you don't see what's so special about him?! ;)

maybe you should watch some college basketball....or seen one of the 18 televised UNc games this year ;) Not only has he averaged a double double and led the tarheels to the #1 ranking in the country, but he averaged nearly 30 pts and 11 rebounds during Ty Lawsons absence. He is a beast inside and this year he showed his ability to play face up to the basket and his mid-range jumper. Every year he progresses as an overall player.....and you don't see what's so special about him?! ;)

You challengin my knowledge?you want to go?:D

Yeh....he was a good player on a solid squad. Sorry Homer....nothin special to me. I never said he wasnt a good player.

where's mine huhhh? i've only been asking for like a million years now. i thought you lurved me!!! :(

we just ordered a UNC logo fathead for the home office...and were painting this weekend. I have a TON of signed stuff were planning on putting up....including my SIGNED 1995 Duke vs. UNC ball by Stackhouse ;)

I had the privilege of having Stack jump over my 6'3" body and dunk on me in Dean Center, I tell you more about that later! Time for bed

Back
Top Bottom