UNC to retire Hansbrough's jersey | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC to retire Hansbrough's jersey

He reminds me of Laettner in the fact that he is surrounded by good talent enough to where he has the opp. to be a star.Put him on a team like Kansas State where its pretty much a one man show and that shows you how much talent this kid has.

Kinda like putting him on a team with a starting lineup of Frasor, Miller, Noel, and Terry? At least think before trying to make your argument. It will be far less embarrassing.

Kinda like putting him on a team with a starting lineup of Frasor, Miller, Noel, and Terry? At least think before trying to make your argument. It will be far less embarrassing.

Keep your derogatory remarks to yourself. I am in no means embarassed by my opinion, nor will I take kindly to you trying to belittle me. If you dont agree with me fine, but dont try to put my opinions down.

Ah yes, I do highly recommend that little message board feature to all those who are of such a weak mental disposition that the mere words alone are enough to effect their emotional state. But I do challenge the widely held notion that the opinions of all the posters should be respected. When one makes such a pathetic argument as was made here, the poster deserves to be denigrated for polluting this board with such filth.

Words 'r fun :rolleyes:

I also bid adieu to this thread as well, I said my peace, albeit not popular its what I see on the subject.

Okay Heels fans, I know you're happy about your player of the year, but let's get back to reality.

On the Beasley vs Tyler subject, perhaps if you have them two agree on playing a low post game 1 on 1, then maybe, MAYBE, but other than that, there's no way I put my money on Hansbrough. Sure, Tyler has had a great season and all, but hell, this is Beasley's freshman season and just look at the stats, look at his game.

Maybe if we're talking UNC versus Kansas State, but one on one, Tyler is not quick enough to defend Beasley's athleticism and speed. I'll take Tyler's strength as a low post player over Beasley, for now. Beasley is still young, the sky is the limit for him. A double double machine. That leaping ability and those hands make up for his low post game-- which he will probably struggle with untill he gains some muscle to play against the NBA big's, but against Hansbrough who may be 6'8 and Beasley just a bit taller, not sure, I still like my chances with Beasley on the post.

Take Tyler to defend Beasley on the perimeter and Beasley hands down will burn him.

Beasley is the complete package. Tyler has been a one dimensional, low post player his entire college career. His mid range shooting is still suspect despite some improvement. And I mean, he may have peaked already, and that may not be enough to be more than a Udonis Haslem in the NBA.

Beasley has so much upside, the athleticism and versitility is ridiculous. If there was any debate on Oden and Durant last year, put Beasley on that draft and that Portland and Seattle Front Office would be going insane.

World of difference between the two; that's why one is a Top Overall draft lock and the other is going to be drafted in the 20's possibly.

remember this about Beasely, he's going to be a SF in the NBA so to compare him and TH is not fair.

I'm not a UNC fan, but I'll go out on a limb and say TH will be a perenial All-Star in the NBA. Not a great athlete, but a good one, very skilled, and eager to learn. Plus, TH has a larger offensive game than most will give him credit for, he just rarely uses it.

As for the Laetner comparison, I could see it. Laetner was looking really good early in his NBA career but had that achilles tear.

remember this about Beasely, he's going to be a SF in the NBA so to compare him and TH is not fair.

I'm not a UNC fan, but I'll go out on a limb and say TH will be a perenial All-Star in the NBA. Not a great athlete, but a good one, very skilled, and eager to learn. Plus, TH has a larger offensive game than most will give him credit for, he just rarely uses it.

As for the Laetner comparison, I could see it. Laetner was looking really good early in his NBA career but had that achilles tear.
Beasley is going to be a 4 not a 3. Still raw at the position, but once he develops his body in NBA shape, and with the proper coaching, he will be an excellent power forward. That athleticism and all that upside plus the crazy + consistent statistics on his freshman year.

Though, I guess he can play the three and if I were a GM, a 3 that can rebound and that size would be great. He's very versatile.

Maybe if we're talking UNC versus Kansas State, but one on one, Tyler is not quick enough to defend Beasley's athleticism and speed. I'll take Tyler's strength as a low post player over Beasley, for now. Beasley is still young, the sky is the limit for him. A double double machine. That leaping ability and those hands make up for his low post game-- which he will probably struggle with untill he gains some muscle to play against the NBA big's, but against Hansbrough who may be 6'8 and Beasley just a bit taller, not sure, I still like my chances with Beasley on the post.

Take Tyler to defend Beasley on the perimeter and Beasley hands down will burn him.

1 on 1 there is no real contest, but thats only because Beasley doesn't defend anyone. Its not like he lacks the ability.....just the desire.

It is fun to read all these common misconceptions about Tyler's game though. If you watched him at all vs Duke this year you wouldn't doubt his ability to guard any big on the perimeter. Its his post defense which can suffer with he lacks the length hampering his ability to contest shots. Players with a great back to the basket game like Randolph or Heytvelt have exposed this.

Beasley is the complete package. Tyler has been a one dimensional, low post player his entire college career. His mid range shooting is still suspect despite some improvement. And I mean, he may have peaked already, and that may not be enough to be more than a Udonis Haslem in the NBA.

Beasley has so much upside, the athleticism and versitility is ridiculous. If there was any debate on Oden and Durant last year, put Beasley on that draft and that Portland and Seattle Front Office would be going insane.

World of difference between the two; that's why one is a Top Overall draft lock and the other is going to be drafted in the 20's possibly.

Noone is arguing which player can jump higher. Beasley will be the first overall pick and whoever wins the lottery is getting a great player. The argument is over who is the better player in college, not the NBA.

I dont see whats so special about him. He's got alot of heart and plays hard, but I dont see it.

I don't understand this at all. He averaged 24 points and 10 rebounds per game over the season. A season average of a double double. That's exceptional and he's not that big of a guy to be battling inside like he does..

Back
Top Bottom