Undefeated? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undefeated?

Re: Re: Undefeated?

Originally posted by Expo88

I like your optimism but I just don't think it's going to happen. As far as the Monday night game in GB I actually think that would be the best time for Miami to play them considering Miami is the winningest team in MNF history. Hopefully some of that MNF magic would pull the 'Fins through any Lambeau magic. If not, it's only one loss...maybe the only one. :D
I think that the Raiders hold the record for the most MNF wins,, or it could be the appearances. The Cowboys are in that catagorie also. Marino1983

Originally posted by ArkansasDolfan2
I thank you are overestimating a lot of teams, i happen to believe that this schedule is much easier than last years!!!
I - myself have learned to take nothing for granted when making predictions,, there is no such thing as an easy schedule in the NFL, free agency has completely changed the rules. Who in their sane mind could have picked the last two S-B champs, especially the Patsies ? Every team can beat every team on any given Sunday,,,,, yes even the Buffalo Ills ... Marino1983:)

I also think this year's schedule is easier than last years. We getto face the easier NFC North, which is weaker than last year's NFC West. The Bears are overrated and can't win a game by more than 3 points, and I think we can beat them. The Packers will be tough, the date on that game will determine if we have a chance. The Vikings suck (I think their passing game will be good but everything else about that team is awful) and the Lions really suck. We get to face the tough AFC West this year where the only really easy game is the Cheifs. The Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers are all going to be good (yes, the Chargers in my mind at least are an ok team) but we can beat them all. I think we will go 12-4 next year and have a great season. We also face our division (duh), the Colts, and the Texans (I think.)

there are no easy wins in the NFL - we did not even beat the 3-13 or 1-15 Panthers that easily even if the final score in 2 of those games made it seem like we did. If we go 13-3 that w/b an unbelievable, but doable accomplishment. Hard to predict the schedule this early - I mean I thought that beating the Titans meant we were the best in the AFC, but...

while we are on the topic of schedules, how many MNF games do you think the Dolphins will have this year (1,2,3) and who they will play?

I think they will get one in the beginning of the year and one of those proposed important games at the end of the year, so they will get two games on MNF.

i think that we will play the Pats on the first MNF game
the Raiders around midseason
and the Packers in late season

Originally posted by dolphan39
there are no easy wins in the NFL - we did not even beat the 3-13 or 1-15 Panthers that easily even if the final score in 2 of those games made it seem like we did. If we go 13-3 that w/b an unbelievable, but doable accomplishment. Hard to predict the schedule this early - I mean I thought that beating the Titans meant we were the best in the AFC, but...
My sentiments exactly 39 !!! :cooldude: :D Marino1983

I hate to remind you all of this and to sound like a broken record, but we're not going very far without a major upgrade to the OL and we have to resolve all the questions on the DL, including Daryl Gardener returning and possibly switching positions. I don't think that Leon Searcy of himself is that much of an upgrade. On the positive side, Mark Dixon was the guest on Channel 6's Sunday Sports Final here in Miami and he was talking like he was going to return.

Originally posted by Miamian
I hate to remind you all of this and to sound like a broken record, but we're not going very far without a major upgrade to the OL and we have to resolve all the questions on the DL, including Daryl Gardener returning and possibly switching positions. I don't think that Leon Searcy of himself is that much of an upgrade. On the positive side, Mark Dixon was the guest on Channel 6's Sunday Sports Final here in Miami and he was talking like he was going to return.

I think we`ll start strong like we always do. The trick for the coaching staff is to see that the players have enough energy and the right "mind set" to end the season on a high note going into the playoffs. Hopefully this season we`ll go into the playoffs with confidence. :rolleyes: A first week bye is critical imo. Our defense is smallish and that week of rest is imp. Um 39...........I may have strayed from the original topic again...........forgive me. :confused: :D

I will just say this. It's not all talent for a team to go undefeated. It's also a hell lot of luck. There are no 'gimmes' in the NFL. As much as I don't want it to happen, the Bills could come to Miami next year and win by 3 TD's. Also, injuries. We have a long history of them with the guys on our roster. RW, Searcy, ZT, all the other guys that got hurt last year. And finally, the NFL is the strangest league in America. Like I said earlier, there are no 'gimmes'. There will be another Patriots, Steelers, or Browns next year. You just don't know who it will be. I see the surprise team in the AFC being the Kansas City Chiefs (whom we also have to play on the road). They have retained every key player on their team but Donnie Edwards, they finished the season like 4-1 last season, they have the loudest outdoor stadium in the NFL, and they have an offensive genius for a coach. They look similarly to the Rams of 1999-2000 which Vermeil also led to a Super Bowl except for the fact that their receivers might not be as good. No one realized how good the Rams were though (or Faulk, or Bruce, or Holt, or Warner) until that season, it could be the same way with the Chiefs. In the NFC, I like the Lions for a break-out season (we also have to play them). They have signed a ton of solid players and have the #3 pick in the draft. Watch out for them next year as well.

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
in this day of parity, no team will go undefeated

I know and that is a good thing since it will keep the legacy of the 1972 Dolphins forever.

Back
Top Bottom