Undefeated? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undefeated?

It's been on my signature for some time...

...but I think of it as more a rallying cry. FA has been poor this season as many commentators have noted, so as yet I don't think anyone else had made any startling gains. Miami getting RW was seen everywhere as a significant upgrade.

I think all of our games are winnable, but at the same time a number of them are loseable. Norv Turner's offense may take a while for the team to adjust.

But I am an optimist at heart and I don't think the same situation applies as last year when the miamidolphins.com poll on what our final record would be was a resounding 11-5. We all knew where we'd win and lose.:rolleyes: apparently.

If we aim high and miss, we may still be above the rest.:evil:

it seems to me,

as much as the offense sputtered last year, at times there was a total breakdown by the defense. i don't know if that was because daryl wasn't in the line up or what, but the phins shouldn't have to rely on one guy. the 9ers had 2 90yd plus drives and so did the ravens, that should never happen!:rolleyes:

I like the Lions for a break-out season (we also have to play them). They have signed a ton of solid players and have the #3 pick in the draft. Watch out for them next year as well.

Sorry but 1 win teams just don't bounce back to playoff contenders even with good FA signings and high draft picks. San Diego ring a bell...they started hot out the gate (Cincy too) then ended up like 5-11 or 6-10. The Lions will probably do better than last season, but not a playoff team. They will push a lot of playoff teams though.

As for undefeated....I do not think any of us will live to see a 19-0 squad in the NFL. 72 is safe.
Another untouchable is Marino's 47 tds in 84. Someone MAY get the yardage(doubt that too) that is possible, but the TDs...no way

Originally posted by phins054
I like the Lions for a break-out season (we also have to play them). They have signed a ton of solid players and have the #3 pick in the draft. Watch out for them next year as well.

Sorry but 1 win teams just don't bounce back to playoff contenders even with good FA signings and high draft picks. San Diego ring a bell...they started hot out the gate (Cincy too) then ended up like 5-11 or 6-10. The Lions will probably do better than last season, but not a playoff team. They will push a lot of playoff teams though.

As for undefeated....I do not think any of us will live to see a 19-0 squad in the NFL. 72 is safe.
Another untouchable is Marino's 47 tds in 84. Someone MAY get the yardage(doubt that too) that is possible, but the TDs...no way

Didn`t K. Warner pass for around 40 td`s a couple yrs ago?

Originally posted by Capt. Dick

Didn`t K. Warner pass for around 40 td`s a couple yrs ago?

I think he actually had 43 and he's had the most TD's ever over a period of three years. He's been the only threat to any of Marino's records. If he keeps it up, he may break a few, but I don't see that happening, he's too old to play long enough to touch most of them. :cool:

I believe he's around 31 and started playing with the Lambs at around 28 so Marino has about a 5 year head start on Warner. Warner is making a lot of waves though and, as stated earlier, no QB in NFL history has had as prolific a three years as Warner has.

He's no Marino when it comes to being a field general but the guy can play his butt off and does nothing but win. He's also really hard to dislike; way too nice. :D

yeah, well,

Originally posted by Expo88
HAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :lol:

Now that's not very nice. ;)
if my wife put on makup with an airbrush and had her hair spiked like that wierdo, we'd be in divorce court tomorrow!:D

I remember hearing that she is quite a bit older too. Like 10-12 years older...YIKES!!!!!

Re: yeah, well,

Originally posted by dolfan06
if my wife put on makup with an airbrush and had her hair spiked like that wierdo, we'd be in divorce court tomorrow!:D

Never seen her. Is she a 2 bagger? :eek: :)

Back
Top Bottom