Adriano
Roberto Carlos
Raul
Bebeto

all have in common?? They have all played in this tourney

We have Brasil, Argentina, Spain, Portugal, USA, Mexico

The tourney is the 2nd biggest tournament in the World after the World Cup

It has 24 teams and Canada is the host nation

This is going to be a great (as great as any tourney can be without Italy:boohoo:)

GO :canada: GO

Germany neither....:boohoo:

I still watch it if I find the TV schedule...

It is the 2nd biggest according to FIFA. WHere it matters on importance is up to you

For me it is

1A. EURO 1B. World Cup
3 and lower are all good but the first 2 bring out the passion in me

If Canada had a better national team I could see them hosting a World Cup. We have some infrastructure already and we have the cash

I give you some hope:

South Africa is similar in strength to Canada (based on world rankings), Canada's infrastructure is far superior to South Africa's. Canada has to take a chance when it is the right time, meaning when FIFA switches the continent.

It used to be Europe - Americas - Europe - Americas (1962 Chile; 1966 England; 1970 Mexico; 1974 Germany; 1978 Argentina; 1982 Spain; 1986 Mexico (jumping in for Colombia); 1990 Italy; 1994 USA; 1998 France). In 2002 first time in Asia; then back to Europe (2006 Germany) and in 2010 Africa (South Africa). I believe 2014 is reserved for the Americas with Brazil (I believe) currently the only one bidding. Argentina and Chile wanted to bid for a two host tournament but FIFA said no.

Since the US is still in the running, Canada would compete with the US and maybe Mexico and another South American team. But I can see a two country WC (US/Canada) like in 2002. I do believe that the trendy way is to a two host country tournament anyways. Eventhough FIFA still prefers single hosts. South Africa may have been the last one to be a single host. 2002 was the start. The Euro is using for the first time (I believe) two host nations as well in 2008 (Austria/Switzerland).

Travel these days is much easier than it used to be (some 20 years back) and satellite coverage makes it easier than ever to have live coverage easily from everywhere. FIFA is an old generation organization. Hard to to change for them.

1-1 final. Well, I can't watch the game so I don't know how individual players played, but this is kind of disappointing. Why are there so many 1-1 results between US and Korea?

What a disgrace.

Canada lost 3-0 to Chile but it should have been 7-0.

Canada was outclassed and out played and didn't deserve to be on the same pitch.

What a disgrace.

Canada lost 3-0 to Chile but it should have been 7-0.

Canada was outclassed and out played and didn't deserve to be on the same pitch.
Amen. I turned it off. It was ugly to watch. Chile was just playing with Canada most of the second half (at least until I turned it off).

The guy who just scored for Austria is named Hoffa

He cut the name Jimmy into his hair

For those missing out this is good football as long as you don't watch Canada:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Where are the Mexican fans??????????

That was a beauty of a goal yesterday

USA hammers Poland 6-1

ADU with the hat trick

ADU and Szetela both have 3 goals in the tourney so far

Argentina gets 4 goals in 7 minutes:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom