Where are the Mexican fans??????????

That was a beauty of a goal yesterday

USA hammers Poland 6-1

ADU with the hat trick

ADU and Szetela both have 3 goals in the tourney so far

Argentina gets 4 goals in 7 minutes:cooldude:

:cooldude:

[youtube]e-ZDIejXY7E[/youtube]

Yeah I saw his 3 goals just now from Contacto Deportivo.

Adu's first goal was his best IMO. The way he hooked it around the goalie.

The 2nd goal was a curled shot into the upper 90.

3rd goal was a individual effort. All were nice *** goals.

That other guy who has 3 goals will probably be the future for US Strikers...and Altidore also scored...my friend that I hang out with playd with Altidore before he went Pro. Altidore is 17 yrs old...

Yeah I saw his 3 goals just now from Contacto Deportivo.

Adu's first goal was his best IMO. The way he hooked it around the goalie.

The 2nd goal was a curled shot into the upper 90.

3rd goal was a individual effort. All were nice *** goals.

That other guy who has 3 goals will probably be the future for US Strikers...and Altidore also scored...my friend that I hang out with playd with Altidore before he went Pro. Altidore is 17 yrs old...

Well, I didn't see the game, but Szetela isn't a striker. He's probably best as a defensive midfielder. A little young, but he's the guy you should keep an eye on as a future replacement for Mastroeni. He is one of those little improvements the US might be making: he has defensive ability that might be as good as Mastroeni (we'll see) and can help offensively like Ricardo Clark.

Here's the first golazoooooo. After looking at it again, what a goal. The foot feint, the turn the shot. :yes:

[youtube]-i0IZZ-yaUU[/youtube]

Beaaauuuuuuuuuuuutiful.

Well, I didn't see the game, but Szetela isn't a striker. He's probably best as a defensive midfielder. A little young, but he's the guy you should keep an eye on as a future replacement for Mastroeni. He is one of those little improvements the US might be making: he has defensive ability that might be as good as Mastroeni (we'll see) and can help offensively like Ricardo Clark.

True. I don't know much about him though that's why I thought he was a striker.

Here's the first golazoooooo. After looking at it again, what a goal. The foot feint, the turn the shot. :yes:

[youtube]-i0IZZ-yaUU[/youtube]

Beaaauuuuuuuuuuuutiful.

Wow.. thanks PT for posting that. There's a reason people were so high on Adu. Now, keep in mind he's at the U-20 instead of Copa because this is probably the better place to get in the minds of European scouts, and Adu will soon be going to Europe, though where is still a question.

I'm so glad he got the hat trick. That can only help his value. He REALLY needs to go to Europe and (hopefully) show we have at least one guy that can stand out among the best.

[youtube]tLSeb059IFk[/youtube]

Here is the best I could find. Going to have to wait to see them.

[youtube]tLSeb059IFk[/youtube]

Here is the best I could find. Going to have to wait to see them.

Cool stuff PT, and thanks again for posting it. You know, the goalkeeper has been getting rave reviews. We should keep an eye on him in the future.

Also, it's nice to see this new team is primarily known for its offense, even if its defense is suspect. The only thing that tempers the enthusiasm here is Adu and Bradley can play with the 1st or 2nd team and don't really need to be at the U-20.

Oh, and you should see the Szetela of a few years ago. He is unrecognizable now with that shaved/very short hair.

Yeah I'm liking what I see. What is the goalie's name??

And I have faith in Altidore....

Cool stuff PT, and thanks again for posting it. You know, the goalkeeper has been getting rave reviews. We should keep an eye on him in the future.

Also, it's nice to see this new team is primarily known for its offense, even if its defense is suspect. The only thing that tempers the enthusiasm here is Adu and Bradley can play with the 1st or 2nd team and don't really need to be at the U-20.

Oh, and you should see the Szetela of a few years ago. He is unrecognizable now with that shaved/very short hair.

Remember only 2 years ago the champions were Argentina with Messi and look where he is now

Remember only 2 years ago the champions were Argentina with Messi and look where he is now

Yeah, I know. 2 or 3 Messi's on the USMNT and we'd be at a totally different level. We already have a good solid group of guys, but no one special. We need a few special players. The only hope for 2010 is Adu, so I really hope he pans out.

If Adu pans out and then we get another special player wow, we'd be in real good shape. Beasley and Donovan are just 25 still (remarkable with how many games they've played), Cherundolo is 26 or 27. Feilhaber 22 and Bradley 19. The future WCs look bright IMO.

And Bornstein has really grown on me.........future LB for sure....?

Looking at the bracket, it's very important the US wins against Brazil in the final group D match. Right now, we're in first place, and it will be a miracle if we don't qualify (because of the goals we have, even a 3rd place finish almost certainly gets us through), but the second round will likely be a cakewalk if we come in 1st and will likely be the end for us if we come in 2nd.

Here's the bracket:
http://fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/kostage.html

So, as you can see, the group D winner takes on the 3rd place from B,E, or F, and none of the likely 3rd place teams there seem to be a serious challenge. Here are the groups and standings:
http://fifa.com/u20worldcup/standings/index.html

Of course, the QF and SF will be a challenge (quarters are probably against Mexico or Portugal and semis probably Spain), but at least we avoid Argentina for as long as possible.

On the other hand, if we come in 2nd in group D, we immediately face Argentina in the second round!! So, this last match against Brazil is a critical one and one we really should win.

Actually, coming in 2nd is the worst of the 3 possibilities. Coming in 3rd would be much better than 2nd (we'd then face Chile), but we don't control that.

Back
Top Bottom