Under 20 World Cup thread (soccer) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Under 20 World Cup thread (soccer)

Yeah, but you'll need to score LOTS of goals in your last game I think to have a chance. I haven't done the math though (too lazy).

If Costa Rica and Scotland tie or

Zambia and Jordan do not win versus Spain and Uraguay all Canada has to do is win and they are in

If Costa Rica and Scotland tie or

Zambia and Jordan do not win versus Spain and Uraguay all Canada has to do is win and they are in

I see, but the "or" should be "and" right? I mean BOTH those events must occur and all Canada needs to do is win right? (either one alone and I think it comes down to goal differential - but correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway, even if that doesn't happen, you still have a chance if you score many goals.

Adu looks amazing. I hope him and Altidore pan out. My friend played with Altidore before he went pro. Damn...Adu has been playing some sick Footy as of late.

I hope he keeps it up. Europe here he comes....any news where he might go?

I might just have to make the short trip up to Toronto for the US game this week, if I can score some tickets.

I might just have to make the short trip up to Toronto for the US game this week, if I can score some tickets.

And for those of us not going, ESPN better be showing it. That was a coup for them on Friday. It would really be stupid not to continue to show the US team in the elimination rounds.

But, you never know with ESPN. It's like the old guard there doesn't like soccer. Who knows, maybe we'll see some tree climbing championship instead :rolleyes:

So guys, the fixtures are set for the elimination rounds:
http://fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/kostage.html

US plays Uruguay in the 2nd round (relatively tough opponent) while Mexico plays Congo.

Good thing for the US is the QF would be relatively easy. We either play Austria or Gambia there.

So, I think there is greater than 50% chance the US makes it to the semis. Mexico somehow just loves to play Argentina eh? In Copa QF they play them and in U-20 QF they likely will too...

So guys, the fixtures are set for the elimination rounds:
http://fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/kostage.html

US plays Uruguay in the 2nd round (relatively tough opponent) while Mexico plays Congo.

Good thing for the US is the QF would be relatively easy. We either play Austria or Gambia there.

So, I think there is greater than 50% chance the US makes it to the semis. Mexico somehow just loves to play Argentina eh? In Copa QF they play them and in U-20 QF they likely will too...

:tantrum:

It would be awesome if somehow we get past them in both tournaments :kick:

There is no easy game in this tourney unless you play Canada

Do not assume Austria will be easy.

USA has looked brilliant the first 3 games and needs to keep pushing to win this tourney.

This tourney was the springboard for Messi 2 years ago

Yeah and Messi is a monster now. He is unbelievable and its hard to believe he will only get better...:eek:

There is no easy game in this tourney unless you play Canada

Do not assume Austria will be easy.

USA has looked brilliant the first 3 games and needs to keep pushing to win this tourney.

This tourney was the springboard for Messi 2 years ago

Uruguay isn't the best 2nd round opponent for the US, but seriously, the US has a pretty good chance of making it to the semis.

I mean just look at the brackets. The US plays Uruguay and then either Austria or Gambia (I think Gambia).

The others? Well, one bracket has Spain, Brazil, Japan, Czechs in it - clearly ours is MUCH easier. Another has Argentina, Mexico, Congo, Poland - ours also much easier, and the 4th has Chile, Portugal, Zambia and Nigeria. Even compared to that group, I think we have it best (no team like Portugal in ours).

So, the US did well in group stage, and I'd bet they make it to the semis. From there, who knows. I mean Brazil might await us in the semis !!

Back
Top Bottom