Underwhelmed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underwhelmed

Timmons and Hayes already upgraded our run d, adding de should be number 1 priority in this yrs draft. Rd 2 should should be de again if I were the Dolphins.

Timmons is old and will be playing behind a one gap DL for the first time in his professional career. It wont be pretty.

This day and age situational players against top offenses will simply run NH or HUNH to continue to gain an advantage on early or late downs depending on their matchup preference to not allow you to substitute or formation you off the field with personnel.

Good luck getting Hayes on vs the run or Harris in vs the pass against teams like our own division rival Patriots who game plan to do just that.

---------- Post added at 12:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

He's perfect opposite Wake in the wide 9.

Quick question: Where is the worst place for a DE to end up in his pass rush?

Freeny ran a 4.48 so please stop with that comparison. It's embarrassing.

Yeah because only pass rushers who have freakish 40 times are effective. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah because only pass rushers who have freakish 40 times are effective.

Could you list the successful pass rushers who are not explosive for us all? That would help clarify. Please and thank you

Could you list the successful pass rushers who are not explosive for us all? That would help clarify. Please and thank you

How about you provide a list of those above Freeny's 40 time that went on to have successful careers? I'll wait and thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a difference between speed and explosiveness. I thought you knew that?

If NFL blockers get their hands on you first, it's over. Harris may possess a decent array of moves, but if you can stonewall hi on his initial move he's slow to counter if he even attempts to at all.

Not a horrible pick but certainly not a great one either. I'd probably give it a C-

Much better players were passed up at other positions that really could've helped a team like Miami. Particularly Tre'Davious White, Reuben Foster, or T.J. Watt.

With the way the board fell, if a team was going DE at #22, there were players I had graded higher. Jordan Willis, Carl Lawson, and Demarcus Walker were all better players in my opinion.

Most folks are well aware Charles Harris is utterly useless in run fits. Horrible player vs. the run. Both in technique and desire. They don't have to be told. Secondly, he's a very pedestrian athlete for a developmental/situational pass rusher. Really doesn't understand how to use his hands at all yet. Miami will have to work with him and coach him up in several areas. He can't count on that spin move over and over again in the NFL. He's going to have to learn how to fight to get to the quarterback in the NFL.

On the other hand, the positives for this pick are simply the fit in the W-9. He has a very nice first step. I understand what their vision is here for Harris.

However, the bottom line is that Miami selected a prospect I felt had a 2nd round grade with the 22nd overall pick. If they were indeed listening to trade offers for the pick, they probably should've listened a little harder.

Several teams I thought did extremely well though and got better. Tampa Bay, Washington, San Francisco, and Indianapolis in particular.

If NFL blockers get their hands on you first, it's over. Harris may possess a decent array of moves, but if you can stonewall hi on his initial move he's slow to counter if he even attempts to at all.

Yes, but there's more to explosiveness than just speed. And just because his 40 time was 4.8 doesn't mean he doesn't have explosiveness or a great first step.

The crowd at the draft party really wanted Foster, but I was trying to tell people there was several guys I would be happy with and Harris is one of them.

Yes, but there's more to explosiveness than just speed. And just because his 40 time was 4.8 doesn't mean he doesn't have explosiveness or a great first step.

Except he doesn't have one due to lack of athleticism. As I noted before he's more of a snap jumper than an explosive player.

Back
Top Bottom