Underwhelmed | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underwhelmed

He is a situational pass rusher. IE we will only see him opposite Wake on third downs. Branch and Hayes will handle rushing downs.

With our offense and it's inability to get first downs or covert third downs
we just might get to see more of Harris and our defense than we want to

Yes, but there's more to explosiveness than just speed. And just because his 40 time was 4.8 doesn't mean he doesn't have explosiveness or a great first step.

“More about athleticism and finesse,” said one scout. “Strength is a distant three.
As far as wanting to be a steady, fundamental player at the point of attack, he is not that.

He really, really did get knocked around a lot.
“He’s a relentless player who has great get-off,” said another scout.

“Didn’t test well. Better football player than tester.” Finished with 136 tackles (34 ½ for loss) and 18 sacks.
“The 40 time is an issue,” a third scout said.

His lack of power is a major concern.” Arms (32 3/8), hands (9 5/8) were average size. Wonderlic of 23.
“He’s really just a DPR (designated pass rusher) right now,” a fourth scout said. “Undersized, doesn’t play the run very well.
Just flash.” From Kansas City.

A few hours later and still underwhelmed. Just feels like a guy who can compete for a roster spot. felt the same way about Jason Allen. Lets see what happens.

I don't hate the pick but it is a bit underwhelming to me. People keep saying this kid is the next Dwight Freeney but the difference is Freeney's college production far outpaced this kid's. Freeney had almost as much sacks in his last year than what Harris had for his entire college career. The problem I am having with Harris is that while he looks the part he doesn't actually produce a lot of sacks. He will flash really good pass rushing skills but then you will see a lot of plays where the tackle is rag dolling him, especially on runs.

I think he can be a solid player but that 4.8 speed shows that while he is agile he might not have the high end skills to be a consistent big time pass rusher. I hope I am wrong but I just feel like Harris' ceiling is very low and he will be a guy that might have a few seasons of 8 or 9 sacks but never be one of the elite pass rushers in the NFL.

I just felt like God was trying to hand us Reuben Foster.

It's easy to feel that way but maybe God was trying to hand Foster to San Fran, Give Harris some time to prove himself if he turns out as a bad player well it happens not all players mount for anything. Foster very easily could become a bigger bust than Harris, but look at the biggest positive of Harris he has the support of sasquatch isn't he usually doing mean things to people in the Jack Links commercials?

So do that make them wrong for picking harris? the team needed defense because that was the most glaring need and now you want forrest lamp? some people complain just because that's all they do.

I think Foster playing at Alabama may have hurt his stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
All these NFL teams passed and kept passing on Reuben Foster for a reason. Maybe the failed drug test - diluted sample had something to do with it, but more likely it relates to his 2 bad shoulders flagged from his 2nd visit to Indianapolis medical center. Remember, the whole altercation with the medical staff that resulted in him walking out in a huff and skipping the Combine came out of the initial medical. Apparently the medical opinion re his shoulders was not good from his return visit.
For such an obviously talented player to plunge so dramatically is significant.

You have to get to Brady first and foremost to beat the Pats.....as mentioned above, already a very polished pass rusher who gets to learn from Wake! I saw him run around and through people on tape! Solid pick!

The Pats are smart. If we have him and Wake on the field at the same time, they are going to run the ball up our throats. The guy can't defend the run at all. Major issue IMO.

everybody wanted a pass rusher lol, we got our 50 de's now guys, congrats, let me spell this out for those who can't understand basic math. Branch was given a big contract, now they are paying him to be a 2 down player, and run blocking is not his strength, its pass rushing, so not only did you make his contract doubly worse by not allowing him to actually do what he is decent at, but you wasted a pick on a guy that literally only pass rushes and is a one down player, wake will probably play 2 more years, maybe 3. This guy will be seen on 3rd down for 2-3 more years only, what a gigantic waste of a pick, supposedly they had two trade offers as well, this guy could most likely have been had earlly second as well, what a freaking joke this organization is, "in gase we trust", says all the sheep because we had ONE winning season, did everybody forget sparano so quickly, was obvious he was just a cheerleader who had no substance, yet everybody was like "omg sparano so good", the inevitable collapse for 3 years after was obviously coming, but everybody just gladly ignored it.

Gase might be a smart play caller but almost never showed any agression unless he absolutely had to, and when he did we scored, then he always went back to same old ultra safe nonsense that has plagued this team since cam cameron. Gase has shown me to be a bad decision maker in player judgement, this is a horrible pick from both a logic and potential standpoint, something that might be afforded if we had the luxury of doing such things because we had a complete team already. Everybody keeps saying gase, grier, and tannenbaum work together, then that means he had a say in this. Not only did we draft scared so we can have 50 players at 3 positions and the rest of the team are backups but we didn't take the extremely easy decision to trade down and pick up the extra picks we wasted last year on ANOTHER non need position, this organization's endless stupidity is mind blowing year after year, after year. I'll never stop loving my team but god is it pathetic how many brain dead decisions the people who run it make.

everybody wanted a pass rusher lol, we got our 50 de's now guys, congrats, let me spell this out for those who can't understand basic math. Branch was given a big contract, now they are paying him to be a 2 down player, and run blocking is not his strength, its pass rushing, so not only did you make his contract doubly worse by not allowing him to actually do what he is decent at, but you wasted a pick on a guy that literally only pass rushes and is a one down player, wake will probably play 2 more years, maybe 3. This guy will be seen on 3rd down for 2-3 more years only, what a gigantic waste of a pick, supposedly they had two trade offers as well, this guy could most likely have been had earlly second as well, what a freaking joke this organization is, "in gase we trust", says all the sheep because we had ONE winning season, did everybody forget sparano so quickly, was obvious he was just a cheerleader who had no substance, yet everybody was like "omg sparano so good", the inevitable collapse for 3 years after was obviously coming, but everybody just gladly ignored it.

Gase might be a smart play caller but almost never showed any agression unless he absolutely had to, and when he did we scored, then he always went back to same old ultra safe nonsense that has plagued this team since cam cameron. Gase has shown me to be a bad decision maker in player judgement, this is a horrible pick from both a logic and potential standpoint, something that might be afforded if we had the luxury of doing such things because we had a complete team already. Everybody keeps saying gase, grier, and tannenbaum work together, then that means he had a say in this. Not only did we draft scared so we can have 50 players at 3 positions and the rest of the team are backups but we didn't take the extremely easy decision to trade down and pick up the extra picks we wasted last year on ANOTHER non need position, this organization's endless stupidity is mind blowing year after year, after year. I'll never stop loving my team but god is it pathetic how many brain dead decisions the people who run it make.

good read. would read again

I am meh with the pick. I think there were edge players with equal value to be had later. There were teams "desperate" to move up according to reports and Miami possibly could have recouped the 4th they gave away last year. I don't hate the Harris pick, but don't love it either. I like that he played against top talent and comes from a big conference, but I would have rather taken a player in the first round that is going to see more playing time than he will.

He has skills, and a high ceiling, but Miami is on the cusp of being a good team and I felt they could have added a player that will contribute more to that right away than a developmental guy that will be a rotational player in passing situations.

Honestly I would have rather taken Lamp or Robinson. Either would start a guard and assuming they stay healthy would play at least 800 snaps as to wear we will be lucky to see Harris play 350 snaps. JMO

It's easy to feel that way but maybe God was trying to hand Foster to San Fran, Give Harris some time to prove himself if he turns out as a bad player well it happens not all players mount for anything. Foster very easily could become a bigger bust than Harris, but look at the biggest positive of Harris he has the support of sasquatch isn't he usually doing mean things to people in the Jack Links commercials?

Don't get me wrong. I became a Charles Harris fan the moment we picked him.

I even talked myself out of wanting Foster a few days back, with all the drama about the failed test and the medical flags, etc. But the closer he got to our spot in the draft, the more excited I got. I couldn't help it. Gase and Grier want alpha dogs with passion for the game? I would love to have seen what Foster's attitude and style of play would have done to the rest of our defense. See him bring the nastiness out of Suh and Reshad.

Maybe if we end up getting Justin Evans it will be water under the bridge.

Anyhow, I'm all behind Charles Harris at this point.

Im annoyed we got a situational player when we had multiple needs for 3 down players. .

I don't know anything about the player but wasn't Mayocks assessment that he IS a 3 down player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom