Uniforms discussion | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uniforms discussion

As a fan, I actually like at variation of the Dolphins jersey (though some more than others). We should go classic for AFC games and/or old Rivalries ... like when we play teams like the Raiders and Pittsburgh (70s Era).

As far a orange or navy ... I am indifferent. I would like Miami to use a Navy Jersey, but only for a special reason, cause, or Night (like Monday Night Football). Nothing that is more than a Jersey seller. So when we think alt. Unis, lets keep this in mind, Jersey sales ... Different ways fan can get a variety of Para

Yeah, and I'm still yet to see a blue lion, buffalo, or ram.

Yup and all those uniforms suck. That buffalo looks like a turd with legs. The Rams don't have an actual ram on the side of their helmet, so that is irrelevant. And the lion is just a silhouette and again is not the actual animal. I think his argument is valid. The freakin dolphin looks like a cartoon character and that is a FACT, not an opinion.

Yup and all those uniforms suck. That buffalo looks like a turd with legs. The Rams don't have an actual ram on the side of their helmet, so that is irrelevant. And the lion is just a silhouette and again is not the actual animal. I think his argument is valid. The freakin dolphin looks like a cartoon character and that is a FACT, not an opinion.
Nope, i'm 100% sure that that's an opinion. :up:

dolphin20anatomy-1.jpg

This is more like what you're looking for as a logo, right?

And all the other NFL logos don't look like cartoon characters? Let's see:

Patriots: Never seen a gray soldier from the American revolution that looks like Elvis

Ravens: Never seen a purple raven with a "B" on the side of it's head

Texans: Never seen a bull that's half blue and half red

Broncos: Never seen a white horse with orange hair

Eagles: Never seen an eagle with green outlines

Seahawks: I've never seen an osprey with dark and baby blue lines on it's head

Raiders: Never seen a fruity looking pirate wearing an old leather football helmet and swords on the back of his head

So yeah. And our logo/uniforms look a hell of a lot better than your little mock ups. You have poor taste. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Patriots: Never seen a gray soldier from the American revolution that looks like Elvis

Raiders: Never seen a fruity looking pirate wearing an old leather football helmet and swords on the back of his head

So yeah. And our logo/uniforms look a hell of a lot better than your little mock ups. You have poor taste. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

The whole color thing may be a poor argument in hindsight. But, the cartoon dolphin with a helmet looks LAME. Name ONE other NFL team that has a logo with a wild animal wearing a freakin football helmet. One team, besides the Phins.

clear.gif

Look, I'm not saying the dolphin needs to look tough and I'm not saying that we need drastic changes to the uniform like I have in my mock uniform (BTW, I'm no artist and never claimed to be, so those are just some ideas. I'm sure a graphic designer could come up with something much better.) We just need a bit of tweaking to the uniform to update it and the helmet on the dolphin needs to go. Oh wait, a dolphin without a helmet looks 'fat and bald' right? I can assure you, if you are not a Dolphins fan you're more than likely NOT into the logo. Ask your friends who are NFL fans. Hell, ask the non-NFL fan friends. Go ahead. Do it and get back to me. I bet most of them will tell you it sucks.

And hey, it's not like we are the only NFL teams that have a cheese logo. The Browns, Giants, Jets, Bills, and 49ers come to mind, and if I were a fan of any of those teams, I'd be ripping on their unis, too. Trust me, it doesn't make me any less of a fan, but as a consumer (at least a grand a year with Sunday ticket and all the gear I buy +/- plane and game tickets) I'd like some changes in the current uniform.

Have you seen Al Davis lately!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, i'm 100% sure that that's an opinion. :up:

Do you take everything so literally? Just driving home a point. Maybe we should get the Disney corporation to buy into the the team. Then they can have a big foam Flipper character running around Disney world taking pictures with all the little boys and girls. Hell, they can even make him the main character in the next Pixar movie. Geez.

claiming something as fact and not opinion is not a good way to "drive home a point". Especially when it's false. There is also no other way to interpret it, than literally.

claiming something as fact and not opinion is not a good way to "drive home a point". Especially when it's false. There is also no other way to interpret it, than literally.

Thanks for the lesson teach. But if you can't understand my exaggeration and embellishment in the previous post, then you probably wouldn't understand the sarcasm in that statement.

Thanks for the lesson teach. But if you can't understand my exaggeration and embellishment in the previous post, then you probably wouldn't understand the sarcasm in that statement.
hard to understand exaggeration and embellishment over the internet. That's why they have smilies. You'd be surprised how dumb some people are over the internet and think their opinions are truely facts.

hard to understand exaggeration and embellishment over the internet. That's why they have smilies. You'd be surprised how dumb some people are over the internet and think their opinions are truely facts.

Here we go again. :logic:

Well, I can see you've had a recent problem getting other members to understand your sarcasm, too, in that Patrick Turner thread. So, there you have it. Misunderstanding. Agreed?

dude, i was being facetious. if you can't see that, then i'm sorry. my point is, YOU CAN'T COMPARE HIM TO ANYONE. At least not anyone that has actually played, wasn't productive (pat white), and then say Turner is as bad as him. Do you get that now?

Well, I can see you've had a recent problem getting other members to understand your sarcasm, too, in that Patrick Turner thread. So, there you have it. Misunderstanding. Agreed?

sure. although there was quite a difference. This is the post I was being sarcastic about...and I plainly state it in the same post. Not sure why it was taken seriously.

you guys make no sense what-so-ever. You might as well compare Turner to Carpenter. That's how retarded you guys sound.

Back
Top Bottom