Universaldraft.com's Updated Mock Draft 4/4/09 - 2 Rounds | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Universaldraft.com's Updated Mock Draft 4/4/09 - 2 Rounds

By the way guys, regardless of what you think of my picks it has produced some good discussion.

The player rankings are being updated tonite and tommorow. It is mentioned on the "Home Page" and "Position Rankings" page, but I just wanted to reiterate that in case some see the Mock and the rankings don't match up exactly - which they probably wouldn't anyways, but you get the idea.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Nooooooooooooooo way the Cardinals pick JL before ReyRey for their 3-4.

Nicely done, although my man crush on rey maualuga must take a step forward and say i'd be more than mad if we passed on him lol !

i think it's a nice formula, to go with CB with the first pick, followed by OLB and NT...

if we look at the past though, i think the NT position could be adressed moreso on day 2. Mix that with the talent pool at WR in the second round and our desperate need for a receiver and you might make the case for a WR over a NT... but that's just my opinion.

Thanks Jim, you're a better poster than that man. It takes away from the valid points you do raise in your posts in general. :up: Don't sell yourself short man, seriously. (not trying to be condescending in any way, you're just not an idiot, so don't sell yourself short). :up:

I'm not saying they are the same player. Harvin is definitely more explosive and quicker in a short area. Ginn is a strider and needs more time to build speed. He is not fleet of foot despite his speed. Harvin can get in and out his cuts much faster than Ginn, that is not up for debate, not with me anyways.

The only comparison I'd make other than position - is the refinement of route running and operating in a non pro style offense.

Harvin is a luxury pick for me, that's why he drops further than maybe others have him, thats fine with me. If he had more of real position coming out, he'd probably be higher. I have himranked as 1-2 round guy anyways, so I thought he'd probably be in that area, maybe higher.

But I can see why you like Harvin, he is no way a bad player.

Thank you, and I don't consider myself an idiot, thank you for confirming that I'm not (?). I sell many things short, but not myself. Ginn and Harvin similarities:

- fast
- black
- 5'11

NYJ, Vikings and Bears are serious threats to take Harvin before we have a crack at him. Rumors, too, that the Jags would be very interested if Maclin and Monroe are gone- good chance of that, Bengals/Monroe, Raiders/Maclin. It will be interesting to see if Al Davis reaches for DHB because of his speed, maybe he'll go for Oher or Andre Smith as pure talent plays at a need position.

It's obvious that I like Harvin, but, again, the fit seems to be Hakeem Nicks. Ginn is too frail and passive for this regime- a trade wouldn't shock me if possible, and I don't see him being re-signed unless he really steps it up. It's like Satele- not a bad player, but a bad fit. But he's got three years left on the contract I think, so here he stays most likely.

One thing about drafting a WR- not bad to get rookie year out of the way so that drafted WR can get ready for Henne- no mystery to me as to why Henne was chosen to work out prospects- whether or not the speed of Harvin, et al could be fully utilized this year is secondary to the gun of Henne coming to a stadium near you soon. Plus, Harvin would be killer in the slot.

I could see Kruger or Sean Smith at 2A, and even an Unger, Caldwell, Robinson, Gilbert or Coye Franceis at 2B. They'll get the right guy, not force the pick. I also think that they're higher on Jason Allen and Nate Jones than they're letting on, and I could see Kevin Barnes in rd. 4 with that elevated pick as per Raiders trade. 41 on wondelic, very impressive. I'm on board with Cadogan, too.

I differ from most in that I see the Roth/Charlie Anderson OLB hybrid working out pretty well, and we did sign Cameron Wake for pass rush, unproven in NFL as he is. I would vote for WR, CB, OL depth and a front 7 pass rusher where our slot and available value allows.

Nooooooooooooooo way the Cardinals pick JL before ReyRey for their 3-4.

They don't run a 3-4. And, by they way Pendergast is in KC now. He ran a hybrid type defense, where by they gave a great deal of looks. Laurinaitis's ability to drop in coverage better than Maualuga made me give him the nod.

I can understand your point though, but thats my thinking.

Maualuga's physical presence is a good trait to bring to a team and he could fit in there as he could also provide more pass rush than JL. I don't think anyone can complain the Cards took Rey, good value there too.

Think if the Steelers get him. Harrison, Maualuga and Polamalu. Damn.

- fast
- black
- 5'11

:lol:

I know the Raiders signed Khalif Barnes to multi year deal ( I think it was multi year), but they could still very well go Oher. He would fit into the zone scheme they run along the O-line.

Harvin would be a good slot receiver. I know this reason may down on the list - in terms of him not coming. But, as Harvin and Bess share some characteristics such as quick acceleration, good in tight spaces etc. that the regime may feel they would have too many of the same type player? I know Harvin is bigger etc.

If Nicks is there, it could be tough decision there.

Andre Smith is the toughest guy to project in the draft to be honest.

:lol:

I know the Raiders signed Khalif Barnes to multi year deal ( I think it was multi year), but they could still very well go Oher. He would fit into the zone scheme they run along the O-line.

Harvin would be a good slot receiver. I know this reason may down on the list - in terms of him not coming. But, as Harvin and Bess share some characteristics such as quick acceleration, good in tight spaces etc. that the regime may feel they would have too many of the same type player? I know Harvin is bigger etc.

If Nicks is there, it could be tough decision there.

Andre Smith is the toughest guy to project in the draft to be honest.

I like Bess and have very much factored him in. But he doesn't have Harvin's wheels, not even close. The two of them on the field could have some great synergy, especially with their combined quicks and Bess's hands of glue. Plus you can put Harvin in motion, spread him out wide and scare the bejesus out of opposing D's. In terms of the need for a larger WR, I like Brandon London and a dark horse is Todd Lowber from the PS. A guy like Barden is intrigung, but it might be time for London Calling in a different vein. Better off with a Kevin Barnes imo. I wonder if Antoinne Caldwell or a solid pass rusher will fall to the 4th rd a la Cliff Avril last year, stranger things have happened. That bump up in the 4th as per Satele trade could prove to be interesting.

I think that your web site is already one of the better ones out there, job well done to you and the boys.

I like Bess and have very much factored him in. But he doesn't have Harvin's wheels, not even close. The two of them on the field could have some great synergy, especially with their combined quicks and Bess's hands of glue. Plus you can put Harvin in motion, spread him out wide and scare the bejesus out of opposing D's. In terms of the need for a larger WR, I like Brandon London and a dark horse is Todd Lowber from the PS. A guy like Barden is intrigung, but it might be time for London Calling in a different vein. Better off with a Kevin Barnes imo. I wonder if Antoinne Caldwell or a solid pass rusher will fall to the 4th rd a la Cliff Avril last year, stranger things have happened. That bump up in the 4th as per Satele trade could prove to be interesting.

I think that your web site is already one of the better ones out there, job well done to you and the boys.

Thanks man, it's a lot of work. I knew it would be, but damn is it ever going through all of these guys.

Barnes would be a great pick in the third. I think a guy that may need to be mentioned is OLB Jason Williams, he could be very much in the eye of the FO.

Thanks man, it's a lot of work. I knew it would be, but damn is it ever going through all of these guys.

Barnes would be a great pick in the third. I think a guy that may need to be mentioned is OLB Jason Williams, he could be very much in the eye of the FO.

Jason Williams has the look, and the dude can haul. But I haven't seen him play to be fair about it. I think that it was you who mentioned a guy a while ago who seems to be falling through the cracks- Phillip Hunt. Another guy who I don't know much about but has size, although a tad short a 6-2, and has a great first step. Look at the closing speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdKvZWG-Fnk

Yeah, I did mention him to you a while ago.

Hunt is a great guy as far as explosion goes. Consistency is an issue as well as others.

His height does hurt him, but he could be a nice situational pass rusher for someone.

The more we went to see a guy, the less I think we end up with the guy. Just my 2 sense.

The thing in the end is high character and passion and who fits our system. Thats what the man said. Not sure these picks dictate that for the value of the board they will set.

Yeah, I did mention him to you a while ago.

Hunt is a great guy as far as explosion goes. Consistency is an issue as well as others.

His height does hurt him, but he could be a nice situational pass rusher for someone.

I was thinking OLB for Hunt, but his conversion potential is pure speculation on my part.

Interseting but I wonder if he just threw names in a hat and drew them. No way Larry English falls to #50 and if he did, I don't think he is passed on by the Trifecta twice. I like Sean Smith but not at #25. Larry English or Darius Butler at #25 makes more sense than Sean Smith.

Back
Top Bottom