Universaldraft.com's Updated Mock Draft 4/4/09 - 2 Rounds | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Universaldraft.com's Updated Mock Draft 4/4/09 - 2 Rounds

I wonder if we pick a guy who tackles like my grandmother. :lol:

He's really a guest against the run game, and that may override his feet and quickness. I think in our division, we need size more than bad tackling. Vontae davis may get looks, but word is his attitude leaves a bit to be desired.
i am more worried about our corners getting burned than them making tackles i think butler is a better corner and just all around athlete than smith

Sean Smith, Darius Butler, or Vontae Davis?

Maualuga, Laurinaitis, English, or Johnson?

Nicks, Britt, Harvin, or DHB?

Back and forth between all these need positions. Obviously we can see that there is no right answer, but fun to speculate anyway. The pick is going to be BPA all the way with probably a slight nod given to OLB. It sounded like in Ireland's press conference that he lumped wide receiver and cornerback as two positions on this team where he wants our guys to show more. This leads me to believe that he has some faith in their abilities and that they are not in immediate need of upgrading. This doesn't mean that a player or two won't be added to their units, it's just that they have room for improvement. We all saw last year towards the tail of the season how much our pass-rush disappeared when Porter became primary focus of opponent's blocking schemes.

Interseting but I wonder if he just threw names in a hat and drew them. No way Larry English falls to #50 and if he did, I don't think he is passed on by the Trifecta twice. I like Sean Smith but not at #25. Larry English or Darius Butler at #25 makes more sense than Sean Smith.

O.K. you got me. I have no idea what I'm doing and I did just do that - absolutely.

Maybe I count like I make Mock draft picks, but I'm pretty sure you have to get by 25 and 44 before you get to 50. Ah, what the hell do I know. :lol:

Absolutes never happen in the Draft. The "there's no way this happens" always does it seems. :lol: Ask Eddie Moore.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I posted my draft up a month or so ago, no way did detroit take Stafford. But, this draft is pretty deep with real good offensive tackles & guards, so I now think that the Lions may well pick him.

The rest of the draft, well, IMO Curry goes to KC & Orakpo will go to the Browns. The Chargers will not take Beanie Wells. I think they go LB, either Rey or James L.

I would be happy with the Smith pick for Miami, but with the 2a & 2b picks, Clint Sintim & Kruger at 2B maybe.

When I posted my draft up a month or so ago, no way did detroit take Stafford. But, this draft is pretty deep with real good offensive tackles & guards, so I now think that the Lions may well pick him.

The rest of the draft, well, IMO Curry goes to KC & Orakpo will go to the Browns. The Chargers will not take Beanie Wells. I think they go LB, either Rey or James L.

I would be happy with the Smith pick for Miami, but with the 2a & 2b picks, Clint Sintim & Kruger at 2B maybe.

I think the Cutler trade makes it obvious that at least one guy will be gone by 12 at the latest. Meaning if the team liked the top two players, their chances could be cut in half by 12, and waiting until 20 may no longer be an option, if it ever was.

Kruger and Sintim play the same position so that may be redundant. Unless I am reading it wrong, and you are listing options.

I thought Kruger was more of a DE than a LB. If he is projected to play LB instead of DE, then no, probably not the best selection particulary if we take Sintim at 2a. Opens it up a bit.

Thanks for posting the thread.

I thought Kruger was more of a DE than a LB. If he is projected to play LB instead of DE, then no, probably not the best selection particulary if we take Sintim at 2a. Opens it up a bit.

Thanks for posting the thread.

The Pats and ourselves have shown interest, that I know off the top of my head. At Utah he was used a great deal as an "outside edge rusher" from a two point stance.

I think that the Lions are in a great position to really solidify their team by taking Stafford #1 and then OT Britton at #20, ahead of the Eagles at #22. You could do worse than having a very young Cherilus/Britton tandem at Tackle. Then again, Brandon Pettigrew would fit nicely, and they'd have their pick of some good LB's. Great spot to trade down from, too. But I'd still probably go OL when in doubt and take Britton. And if Mack is available at #33, hmmm. Then they can attack the D.

Bad draft. Every single one of those players would be a reach where they have us taking them.

good lord that's an awful draft. paul kruger looked terrible in lb drills at the combine. i'd take english or sidbury and even sintim who i'm not a big fan of over kruger at olb.

dorrell scott at #56??? wow. no thank you.

O.K. you got me. I have no idea what I'm doing and I did just do that - absolutely.

Maybe I count like I make Mock draft picks, but I'm pretty sure you have to get by 25 and 44 before you get to 50. Ah, what the hell do I know. :lol:

Absolutes never happen in the Draft. The "there's no way this happens" always does it seems. :lol: Ask Eddie Moore.
Yes, I am inclined to believe the front office was drinking absolut when they selected Eddie. :lol2:

good lord that's an awful draft. paul kruger looked terrible in lb drills at the combine. i'd take english or sidbury and even sintim who i'm not a big fan of over kruger at olb.

dorrell scott at #56??? wow. no thank you.

Kruger looked terrible? Really?

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f30c37

Compare it to Sidbury:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f34a69

I mean yeah, Kruger looks absolutely awful out there. :wink: He looked terrible out there compared to Sidbury if that is your definition of a more "fluid" or "less terrible" in space and moving around. Really? They are that far apart? Seriously? I don't think you can Kruger looked terrible at all. You may prefer Sidbury, which is fine and good, but don't say a guy look terrible when it's pretty plain that he is not terrible at all.

By the way, here's English:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f3060c

His doesn't have the back pedal portion etc. but he doesn't look light years ahead of Kruger either from the same drills.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably disagree with this mock more than any I have seen on here BUT I respect those who try and go through team by team I just don't agree with hardly any of the pics

Kruger looked terrible? Really?

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f30c37

Compare it to Sidbury:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f34a69

I mean yeah, Kruger looks absolutely awful out there. :wink: He looked terrible out there compared to Sidbury if that is your definition of a more "fluid" or "less terrible" in space and moving around. Really? They are that far apart? Seriously? I don't think you can Kruger looked terrible at all. You may prefer Sidbury, which is fine and good, but don't say a guy look terrible when it's pretty plain that he is not terrible at all.

By the way, here's English:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80f3060c

His doesn't have the back pedal portion etc. but he doesn't look light years ahead of Kruger either from the same drills.

I actually think those videos hurt your arguement. I agree with the poster I would take Larry English WAY before Kruger he just looks much more athletic in those videos to me than Kruger

They don't run a 3-4. And, by they way Pendergast is in KC now. He ran a hybrid type defense, where by they gave a great deal of looks. Laurinaitis's ability to drop in coverage better than Maualuga made me give him the nod.

I can understand your point though, but thats my thinking.

Maualuga's physical presence is a good trait to bring to a team and he could fit in there as he could also provide more pass rush than JL. I don't think anyone can complain the Cards took Rey, good value there too.

Think if the Steelers get him. Harrison, Maualuga and Polamalu. Damn.

I live in AZ and it was just in the paper last week that Wiz will be running a 3-4 MOST of the time cause sports casters were worried that Dockett would have a hard time but Wiz said not to worry he has a few tricks up his sleeve for using Dockett and it wont always be a 3-4

Back
Top Bottom