Up for discussion... Advertising on the forums | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up for discussion... Advertising on the forums

Stick to the google ads as apparently they pay quite nicely according to some other sites I am a member of. keep them clean (even though the dirty ones pay more) and heck I'll even click through on some of them. I don't think you'll get complaints.

Stay away from pop ups, pop behinds, and those ones that scroll across your browser with the tiny X that you can barely see :D

awing_pilot said:
Stick to the google ads as apparently they pay quite nicely according to some other sites I am a member of. keep them clean (even though the dirty ones pay more) and heck I'll even click through on some of them. I don't think you'll get complaints.

Stay away from pop ups, pop behinds, and those ones that scroll across your browser with the tiny X that you can barely see :D

I'm 100% behind implementing ads, with the stipulations made above by awing. Nothing sneaky like the pop-ups or those scrolling ads you can't kill - that's what pisses me off more than anything, and I make a strong point of not patronizing businesses that ad that way.

Do it AJ....If they havent contributed some $ thats a contribution.

I don't see anything, I'll log out and look at them though.

Actually they look unobtrusive. Very nice, as far as ads go. I hope they do the job for you AJ. :D

FinHeavenAJ said:
Are you guys seeing the banners? I want to make sure you guys are in the clear...

To be perfectly honest I didn't even notice them :D

FinHeavenAJ said:
Are you guys seeing the banners? I want to make sure you guys are in the clear...
Haven't seen any, I will log out later, actually I need to remove all my cookies and TIF so I will do that and come back to the site.

Cheers

Paul

Wow, I hardly noticed them at all. You will have to make sure you keep a log of the click throughs because they maybe so unobstrusive that the general users may not even notice them, then that would be beside the point of having them :D

Good point. Would you suggest a color scheme for the banners that doesn't match the current color scheme?

I know BillsZone has a larger ad (720x90) which is definitely more noticeable... but that may be a little TOO obnoxious.

I'll keep track of it a few days and then change the color scheme first... and go from there.

Just Wondering....are The Banners Going To Link You To The Merchandise Store......i Have Never Been There So Just Wondering.....good Way To Create Revenue.

The Free Members Should Be Required To Recieve A "newsletter" Via E-mail
That Way You Can E-mail (network)them Offers/merchandise

Just A Quick Random Thought

FinHeavenAJ said:
Good point. Would you suggest a color scheme for the banners that doesn't match the current color scheme?

I know BillsZone has a larger ad (720x90) which is definitely more noticeable... but that may be a little TOO obnoxious.

I'll keep track of it a few days and then change the color scheme first... and go from there.
AJ, yeah I think changing the colour scheme would be a step in the right direction, right now they appear to be part of the board. The size is fine but they IMHO do not stand out enough to attract attention.

Alright, so far we've gotten pretty good results. I've changed the color scheme to be non-Dolphin colors so they stand out a bit because our click through rate has fallen rapidly. Let's see how it does now...

Back
Top Bottom