Up for discussion... Advertising on the forums | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Up for discussion... Advertising on the forums

question. Us Premium Members get the ok not to see them cause we shelled out casht o this wonderful site.

how about the donaters? do they get that little perk?

Unfortunately, I don't have donators as they're own usergroup... they get a badge so far. Good idea though...

YO AJ!! I think your website would be da bomb if you had Muck do the robot.
Just a thought. :D

Den54 said:
YO AJ!! I think your website would be da bomb if you had Muck do the robot.
Just a thought. :D

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

clear.gif

Well, here is an update for you guys on how this is doing.

So far, the daily average for this past month is $7.32. Post draft, and perhaps more realistic, for the offseason... we're looking at $7-$9 per day. Even if we take the highest of that number, we're not covering the server costs... but it's coming pretty damn close. During the draft we were looking at $10-$15 per day... if that's the default ad during the season, we're looking pretty good.

A couple of updates though...
  • I have installed a program to allow me to email specific members. There is now something in the User CP -> Options for the Community Bulletin. I plan on starting this to be a weekly thing. With this, I could throw some advertising in there. This is a new media stream, so there probably won't be advertising for the first few issues. But it's a new way... and not to intrusive since the user agrees to receive this.
  • I was talking to my boss earlier, and he had a GREAT idea for text ad implemention... I want to ask you guys about it.

Above every thread and thread listing, there are drop down menus that say something like "Thread Tools" or "Forum Tools". To the left of this, could be another drop down menu for something the "VIP Sports Odds" as seen here: http://rotoworld.com/ in their top menu. I believe this is nonintrusive, but a great new method... brilliant.
Just wanted to give you all an update. Thanks again for all your support!

Back
Top Bottom