Update on Todd Wade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Update on Todd Wade

Originally posted by ZOD
Yes and whoever they acquire can learn the new terminology, along with new protection schemes, along with new linemen's tendancies, along with the AFC east defensive tendancies, along with the nuances of a new QB, along with the expectations of a new coach, along with settling a family into a new town (which does interfere with productivity), and that doesn't even begin to describe the change that one man endures.

Combine that with the fact that you've wasted four years of training a man for a job and you might have some inclination of what's lost.

It's a dream to you. It's a job for them.

Lets pay some dumb ******* 25 million because he understands the terminology.. OK, sounds good.

With you last statement, you would seem to be a Fletcher supporter...

He sucks, others with his talent level are a dime a dozen.

BTW....

John Tait has already been guaranteed 6 million next year for the transition tag.

Take a lesson from coach Vermeil-

"I'm not interested in somebody else's players," coach Dick Vermeil said. "The only way we become interested in outside free agents is to find a guy to take place of a guy we might lose. If one of our guys starts shopping, then we have to go out and start shopping, using the money we were going to give them."

Originally posted by ZOD
BTW....

John Tait has already been guaranteed 6 million next year for the transition tag.

Take a lesson from coach Vermeil-

"I'm not interested in somebody else's players," coach Dick Vermeil said. "The only way we become interested in outside free agents is to find a guy to take place of a guy we might lose. If one of our guys starts shopping, then we have to go out and start shopping, using the money we were going to give them."

I agree with this. We should pay Wade something close at least.

John Tait is a better player than Todd Wade. He will get more money than Wade, and we will not be able to afford Tait anyway.

Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce

He sucks, others with his talent level are a dime a dozen.

Are they?

The Giants once thought that. As they signed Luke Petitgout to a big contract and let the right side go to Minnesota.

A right side that they had sewn up with an injury free starter until the 2000 season with Scott Gragg (Gragg has since started every game for the 49ers at right tackle).

Back to the Giants.....

They gave the big money to Petitgout last year who by the way only started 10 games last year due to injury. They let Mike Rosenthal walk.

He's one of your dime a dozen players right? Yet Rosenthal has got more baggage than one Boeing 747 can carry in injuries. He got the money you are talking about from Minnesota who started him at right tackle.

Let's go back to the Giants though....They let a guy with no injury history go back in 2000 didn't they? Luke Petitgout got injured this past year didn't he? What happened to the Giants this year?
And who is projected to be the Giants first round draft choice?

Scott Gragg will be starting the 5th injury free year of his six year contract with the 49ers in 2004.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Fisticuff Deuce

the dolphins don't know the value of an oline? I guess thats why they have no inside line right? Uhh, no...

They have not shown that they care....For instance:

2001-Door closes on Bock,Donalley,Webb, and B.Smith
2002-Door closes on Irwin and Folau
2003-Door closes on Jerman, Spriggs, Andrew
2004-Door closes on Ruddy, Nails, Perry, Dixon

Now I know football has free agency but there shouldn't be an open competition by default as a result of the lackluster talent in training camp yearly.

Solidify the line for once in this regime.... Just once.

I know Wade wants a lot of money but if he goes, who are we gonna get?The guys out there are either asking for too much money or they're just about as good(or bad) as Wade.Should we go with 4 new starters on the o-line?

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by ZOD
"Wade said Friday the offer he recently received from the Dolphins wasn't close to the five-year, $25 million initial proposal submitted last week by agent Tom Condon that included a $10 million signing bonus.

"It looks like I'm heading toward free agency," said Wade, who would be a hot commodity elsewhere after starting all but one game the past four years."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...feb28,0,599453.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

:eek: Sign our tackle!!!

Wade is worth no where near what he wants. I am happy the Dolphins didn't give in to his ridiculous demands.

I did not review alot of film on Wade Smith and Todd Wade this year. I am going by game memories and media reviews...

I can understand why Smith was a turnstile at LT. He is a 3rd round rookie given to start in the HOT SEAT for all 16 games this season...

I cannot understand why T. Wade was also a turnstile at RT this year more than the previous ones. He is as much responsible for the lack of execution on the OL as Ruddy and Perry...

If the salary demand is 20 mill (for 5 years) for an average OL-man than we should pay him, if we cannot get someone else as BAD for the same amount of $$$$...

Re: Re: Update on Todd Wade

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Wade is worth no where near what he wants. I am happy the Dolphins didn't give in to his ridiculous demands.

On what scouting information or pay scale do you base that opinion on?

Are Jones and Pace (the elite) worth 7 million a year? Paces agent was looking for 12 million a year last year. I suppose the agent may have come down to 10 million a year this year. The Rams offered a package worth almost 7 million a year this year. So what's the true worth? Teams like the Rams and Seahawks are taking the cap hit and all the downside of the franchise tag because the players are attempting to dictate a new market for their worth. Judging from the average of top ten salaries on the o-line increasing from 5 million to 7 million in one year, it looks like they are succeeding.

So you say Todd Wade is just above average? I believe that is what CKparrothead told us recently in the ESPN rankings. He ranks just below John Tait who was just guaranteed 6 million for this coming year.

Todd Wade asked for a salary range of 5 million a year. A counter offer of an average 4 million a year from the Dolphins wouldn't seem all that out of place. Just as Wade's 5 million a year isn't all that out of place considering the salaries of the players in his position.

The elite want 10 million. They have 7 million forced upon them.

The above average have 6 million forced upon them.

The average (your grade of Wade not mine) should be somewhere in the 3.5 million to 4 million range.

The Dolphins probably countered with that a 3 million a year average. That's a reduction of 10 million dollars for a player bound to receive the 25 million he originally asked for in free agency.

Are you saying that we'd be better off with a freelancer in the 1.5 million for a year range? That is the fodder that fools in the NFL are choosing. Their records are reflecting it too.

Carolina

Todd Steussie playing under an old contract made 3.4 million last year. I remind you that Steussie was once the highest paid lineman ever in the league.

Jordan Gross (1st round draft pick) naturally a cheaper contract 1 million last year. I'd like to see the future and his second contract. :eek:

People wonder why Jake Delhomme developed into a good starter this year. :rolleyes: He had time. He had the 3.5 seconds.

Wade blows... I could care less what ESPN ranks him, it makes no difference. Really now, I remember everyone bashing ESPN cred after the GM search (when they said RM would be GM) and when they said Marino was going to quit (afterwards he said thats untrue, and you all bashed them). You can't have it both ways...

Wade is average, sign Meadows!

p.s. Yeah, DV said that because he has talent.. Umm, to hard to figure out? Also, Theres a reason why people like Pace demand money, they're GREAT, WADE IS AVERAGE AT BEST.

Back
Top Bottom