18. Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
36. Javonte Williams. RB, North Carolina
50. Brevin Jordan, TE. Miami
81. Tyler Shelvin, DT, LSU
120. Marquez Stevenson, WR, Houston
181. Pressley Harvin, P, Georgia Tech

Replace the TE & P w/ 2 OL IMO.

Say Creed Humphrey at #50 & developmental guy at #181

I’m taking Owusu-Karamoah over Collins at 18. Not even sure I have Collins in the 1st. Need to rewatch him but I wasn’t impressed when I watched him a month ago.

You going to put a 210 pound LB in this system?

He's not 210lbs, but absolutely would put him in our system. It would be a great fit for him. He can cover and rush, a complete LB. You can put him anywhere.

He's not 210lbs, but absolutely would put him in our system. It would be a great fit for him. He can cover and rush, a complete LB. You can put him anywhere.
He can also play safety. Might be too small for what Miami wants, but is the definition of multiple.

Very interesting player.

He can also play safety. Might be too small for what Miami wants, but is the definition of multiple.

Very interesting player.
Its hard to dismiss a guy because he's 10-15 lbs lighter than a lot of the guys playing his position in the NFL. After watching him play, size isn't a concern for me.

Its hard to dismiss a guy because he's 10-15 lbs lighter than a lot of the guys playing his position in the NFL. After watching him play, size isn't a concern for me.

He’s more than 10-15 lighter than guys playing in guys playing in the roles that would be within the defense. He’s not a fit. Period.

He’s more than 10-15 lighter than guys playing in guys playing in the roles that would be within the defense. He’s not a fit. Period.
He’s really a LB/Safety hybrid. The dude can absolutely fly. He will fit our system bc of his versatility. He actually covers 2 positions. So he’s really a 2 for 1 player. I would have no problem with him at #18.

Owusu-Koramoah would play a role similar to Chung or Dugger in this D. He's good in coverage, but I wouldn't want to put him on good TE's and certainly not WR's.

Tough for me to see the fit - unless Flores has some prototype I'm unaware of.

Remember, there's always a balance. It's smart to put as many DB's as you can get away with on the field, because all NFL DB's cover better than 99% of NFL LB's. To get away with more DB's, though, you need bigger guys on the line and bigger LB's. Aside from quality upgrades, Ogbah and Lawson added much-needed size at DE, and their ability to set the edge gave Flores more flexibility.

Same is true for LB. In Flores's last season in NE, Hightower and Van Noy were his primary LB's. If you want Owusu-Koramoah for Miami, you basically need him to cover as well as a good Safety, because that's where he'd see the field.

How would you envision Miami using him? What's his best position?

Assuming Flores shares the Parcells/Belichick ideal of big LB's(and the Fins did bring in two ex Belichick LB's last off season in Van Noy and Roberts)then Collins is the much better fit.

In fact, Collins seems to be the living embodiment of the Tuna/BB big LB.

I do not see J O-K being a fit at LB for Flores.

Back
Top Bottom