Updated Draft and FA plan | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated Draft and FA plan

Love the Justin Simmons signing..I've Been lobbying for that dude since college..

for the draft, I’m not gonna over think this too much, it’s about hitting on players, that’s the name of the game..Hit on your guys more than they hit on theirs.

Philosophy is this, we’ve got Several “needs” in the draft, wide receiver, and running back being pretty needy, Tua happens to of played a lot of snaps with three players in those units that happen to have 1st round grades..

let’s try And figure out a way to get two of them.

Owusu-Koramoah would play a role similar to Chung or Dugger in this D. He's good in coverage, but I wouldn't want to put him on good TE's and certainly not WR's.

Tough for me to see the fit - unless Flores has some prototype I'm unaware of.

Remember, there's always a balance. It's smart to put as many DB's as you can get away with on the field, because all NFL DB's cover better than 99% of NFL LB's. To get away with more DB's, though, you need bigger guys on the line and bigger LB's. Aside from quality upgrades, Ogbah and Lawson added much-needed size at DE, and their ability to set the edge gave Flores more flexibility.

Same is true for LB. In Flores's last season in NE, Hightower and Van Noy were his primary LB's. If you want Owusu-Koramoah for Miami, you basically need him to cover as well as a good Safety, because that's where he'd see the field.
He plays all over the place for Norte Dame. Love his speed and explosiveness, but I agree safety is his best spot.

Definitely not a take on blocks kind of guy, but a really good football player.

I was wondering what others thought.

How would you envision Miami using him? What's his best position?
Rover. Same way ND used him. Saying that we wouldn’t draft this guy because there isn’t a precedent is the wrong way to look at prospects. Also, completely disagree with the idea that he couldn’t cover TE’s.

Rover. Same way ND used him. Saying that we wouldn’t draft this guy because there isn’t a precedent is the wrong way to look at prospects. Also, completely disagree with the idea that he couldn’t cover TE’s.
Admittedly, I've mostly seen highlights which showcases what he does best. But wow. This guy is very intriguing.

As I see it, Miami needs an upgrade at slot corner over Needham and depth at safety. He can give Miami that and also rush the passer.

The question becomes do you get more out of him than Collins or Ossai, two other players I like at that #18 spot?

Admittedly, I've mostly seen highlights which showcases what he does best. But wow. This guy is very intriguing.

As I see it, Miami needs an upgrade at slot corner over Needham and depth at safety. He can give Miami that and also rush the passer.

The question becomes do you get more out of him than Collins or Ossai, two other players I like at that #18 spot?

I know it's a long shot, but IF Miami did sign Simmons in FA, wouldn't McCain be an upgrade at slot corner?

Owusu-Koramoah would play a role similar to Chung or Dugger in this D. He's good in coverage, but I wouldn't want to put him on good TE's and certainly not WR's.

Tough for me to see the fit - unless Flores has some prototype I'm unaware of.

Remember, there's always a balance. It's smart to put as many DB's as you can get away with on the field, because all NFL DB's cover better than 99% of NFL LB's. To get away with more DB's, though, you need bigger guys on the line and bigger LB's. Aside from quality upgrades, Ogbah and Lawson added much-needed size at DE, and their ability to set the edge gave Flores more flexibility.

Same is true for LB. In Flores's last season in NE, Hightower and Van Noy were his primary LB's. If you want Owusu-Koramoah for Miami, you basically need him to cover as well as a good Safety, because that's where he'd see the field.
Seem like they drafted Jones from Texas last year for this role
I recall seeing him play at LOS and in coverage my impression he played well.

If so I cant see them doubling up on that position in back to back drafts.

Back
Top Bottom