Updated NFL waiver priority moves Dolphins up to 4th | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Updated NFL waiver priority moves Dolphins up to 4th

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Through the first three weeks of any NFL season, the waiver priority list is determined based on last year’s final records — or essentially the draft order from the previous season. After the third week, the order resets — giving the worst teams the first crack at picking up players who may be cut between now and the rest of the season.

We’ve reached that critical juncture, which means the Dolphins are getting a boost in the waiver priority after starting the season 0-3.

Just curious about the calculation. All I've heard on ESPN and this site is we are the worst team in the history of history. How are we 4th? Obvi it's not point differential lol.

Probably strength of schedule, without actually looking it up. We've played good teams. You're deemed worse if you lose to to weaker teams. Point differential is rightfully irrelevant.

I’d guess it’s the “usual” tiebreakers: head-to-head, division record, conference record, strength of schedule.

I’d guess it’s the “usual” tiebreakers: head-to-head, division record, conference record, strength of schedule.

That's for the playoffs. They don't do the draft order that way. Strength of schedule prevails.

I'd really like to know the actual calc. Not sure how any algorithm doesn't have us 1st...

I'd really like to know the actual calc. Not sure how any algorithm doesn't have us 1st...
EFPaYYZW4AEGBse.jpg:large

Went back and and looked. Jets and Bengals have not had a harder start. That's crap. Broncos and reds we pretty much played same team...So tie for 1st. Anyone who think the jets sched is harder thru 3 Games can suck it.

Can't even win 1st overall for the waiver wire. SAD!

We need to tank harder.

Went back and and looked. Jets and Bengals have not had a harder start. That's crap. Broncos and reds we pretty much played same team...So tie for 1st. Anyone who think the jets sched is harder thru 3 Games can suck it.
It's if you lose to crappier teams, not better teams. We've had a hard start, therefore we're near the best of the worst (so far).

Back
Top Bottom