[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

Let me ask you something. Say a guy straight out of law school is so good that he lands a job as an Assistant DA and helps put away some of the worst criminals in his state. Now let's say a woman accuses him of sexually harassing her and instead of seeking help through the proper channels she goes to the media. However the ADA is allowed to continue his work while an investigating is launched. In the end they find no concrete evidence that he harassed her. Fast forward five months and the DA has just won his biggest case and is out partying at a bar. The party gets out of control and a woman at the party says the ADA grouped her and eventually tried to force himself on her. Then the media gets a hold of it and runs wild with the initial story. After all is said and done it turns out she accused the wrong guy. Now put yourself in the DA's shoes. There are two publicized instances of alleged sexual harassment within a year of each other, yet his record in the court room is outstanding. He puts away 100% of the criminals he prosecutes. However you now have a ADA that is tainted in the public eye. What should you do? You really can't have an alleged pervert prosecuting criminals. That just looks bad. You have to discipline the guy. In a case like this, the guy would be axed.

Now apply that to Pouncey. You really think he shouldn't be disciplined? I will admit trading him MAYBE an extreme reaction. Yet at the same time he hasn't shown any signs of maturing. Then you couple that with Philbin's policy of not wanting trouble makers on the team, he really shouldn't be on the team. At the very least he should be fined a significant amount for putting team property in danger. That being Pouncey himself.

Oh and before you say there is a world of difference between an ADA and an NFL football player, there is only one deference. Celebrity. This nation is so ass backwards that they seem to think it is ok for people who get paid absurd amounts of money to provide entertainment for the masses that they are above the law. Anyone else in this situation would have been tossed in a holding cell until they were positive it wasn't you who committed the alleged crime.

First your attempting to compare students going to college for law school to kids going to college for football which is almost night and day. The law school student has to show a superior intelligent or SAT type score to get in and the normal football guy or athlete if he is good enough they will bend the scores. Those same players at the major schools see the rules bent all the time for them and their college teammates in terms of receiving penalties for bad grades, drugs and alcohol along with what I will call inappropriate behavior that the regular student would be penalized. Girls are throwing themselves at these guys all at the same time and the university alumni and staff are patting their athletes on the back reinforcing that their athletes are a bit above the rules.
Throw in a million of dollars the first rounders get paid coming out, youth, reinforcement of their irresponsible behavior at the university level and you really have a toxic situation in the making that few men would handle well. Law students whole different story they are studying the law so they know what to avoid and smart enough to cover it up. So their is really little comparison in the case you made. A normal working joe would be the guy you might want to use as your sample case in the future and he probably would be dismissed from his job the first time after such an incident.
Getting back to Pouncy who is a very immature individual who plays football well. While like you I would love to see more maturity on his part but I can live with it until he does something more criminal than the recreational street drugs and alcohol.
This is a mercenary business and the real personal responsibility went out the window when the lawyers walked through the door to fill their pockets with gold off the athletes backs with what we call free agency today so lets call a spade a spade.

Its an illusion, my pedestal(throne actually) only seems to be touching the clouds to those who are so low that when they look up they see the soles of peoples shoes.

Anyways, he doesnt value his career enough to stop making the news, thats more than apparent. It isnt hard to avoid controversies. You just have to want to avoid them. Theres a term for behaving a certain way in order to earn cash: "professional". Yet Pouncey seems baffled by the entire concept. Perhaps he might reevaluate the choices he makes if he were to be cut. Heres hoping that happens.
And for the record, Pouncey has done plenty. He just wasnt involved this time. Maybe. That we know of anyways, the investigation is still going on. Oh, and the media lies, cant forget that. Regardless, people arent fed up with Pouncey for no reason. His name is constantly brought up whenever there is something sketchy or blatantly illegal going on with this franchise. Its why everyone was so quick to assume he was involved with this incident: its in keeping with his character. Im done. He shown himself to be a corrosive influence and hurts this franchise far more than helps it. This team will be better off getting rid of him now before his luck runs out and hes caught doing something really atrocious.

Now, if you dont mind, please explain your assertion that Pouncey values his career. What has led you to believe he cares about his career enough to not jeopardize it.
So all you came up with was allegations of drug use and wearing a hat. You are right we should trade him away and try to get all the money back that he got from us. This is not a Josh Gordan situation he has not been convicted of anything. You are going on just wanting to trade or cut him do to what he might do. So tell me this you cut him, and comes to find out he didnt do anything looks pretty stupid no?

I think so.

Holy wall of text Batman!

Yeah im not digging through all of that. I'll comment on what i did catch though:

Mike Pouncey, all pro, amazingly talented.....center. Not quarterback, not receiver, not running back, not defensive end, not corner. An interior lineman. Not dealing with it. Despite having this brilliant specimen of a linemen, we've havent had a winning season while hes been on the roster. Why is that? Because its just not that important of a position. There is little difference in having the very best center in the game and the 12th best center in the game. As well, how much does his talent help us when hes riding the couch during a suspension? Get someone competent and let the line gel together. Problem solved. At the moment, the "let the line gel together" part is difficult. After all, having a headcase interior lineman effects the chemistry of the unit...as we know all to well. But hey, lets repeat past mistakes, i cant see how that will fail.

I have much more on Pouncey than the hat incident. Its not like the information is hidden, just do a google search. Of all the things hes done the one that i suspect will get him in trouble is the well known drug use(got a chuckle when i saw Ricky's name pop up in your post, perfect). The man clearly lacks intelligence, he will screw up eventually when it comes to testing. I dont have a problem with legalizing pot, but until the league un-bans it i dont want our players smoking it. Well, at least not the idiots. Which Pouncey has proven to be. Getting suspended over pot is a really stupid way to hurt your team.

Dont care about Ray Rice or Big Ben. Pouncey isnt a saint just because those two are scumbags. It wont help him if he gets called into Goodell's office. As an aside, both Rice and Ben went/are going through some sort of rehabilitation process. While pretty laughable, its still superior than the way Pouncey has chosen to handle his controversies: publicly declaring he is refusing to seek psychiatric help. The help the league wanted him to take. Brilliant stuff, yet another example of Mike Pouncey's shrewd decision making abilities.

At the end of the day, the reason why we should get rid of Pouncey is simple: this team will be better without him. Hes a corrosive headcase who consistently makes poor choices and every single time he ends up in the spotlight(which is turning into a regular endeavor) he damages this teams image. Playing for the Miami Dolphins is a privilege and Pouncey pisses all over that fact. He doesnt care enough to change so the team shouldnt care enough to keep him. As its often said, football is a business. As such, the players are expected to act like professionals. Mike Pouncey clearly isnt a professional. So he should stop being paid like one.

Ray Rice and Big Ben are not a comparison at all just a sample of what is really going on at the NFL level by depraved individuals that the NFL and the players lawyers allow and yes Pouncy to date has not proved to be of that same caliber only being imature which is the main theme here. You can teach maturity too.
Really debating this with you is kind of silly because the odds of Philbin and staff being here next year are very slim. The offensive line is going to be Philbin downfall most likely without Pouncy as it was in Shula's, Dave W. and Cam Camerons only year. So I believe you are going to get your wish because Pouncy with his current injury will only be a excuse not a reason for the lines poor play this year. The reports this spring of their poor play allowing sacks already backs this up too. Have fun watching.

ml30hh-1.jpg

BsY7pzNIUAATdX-1.jpg

Is Pouncey choking the chicken?

Sounds about right, as far as how things get interpreted around here. So I guess we can now accuse Pouncey of public fornication.

Also we might as well assume there are five different gang signs being demonstrated in that photo. Though I can't see how all those different gang affiliates can play nice together.

Sounds about right, as far as how things get interpreted around here. So I guess we can now accuse Pouncey of public fornication.

Also we might as well assume there are five different gang signs being demonstrated in that photo. Though I can't see how all those different gang affiliates can play nice together.

j8p0sm-1.jpg

Dude was out drinking and dancing at 4am coming off of a major hip surgery. How on earth is anyone defending this as the kind of behavior fans of a football team should encourage from players their favorite team has invested heavily in?

What was major about the hip surgery? He tore a labrum. He was practicing for a while with the injury. Its not like he needs to be in a wheelchair or anything. Nobody is defending this guys behavior, but plenty of people want to bash him for just being a 24 year old guy who likes to party. As far as I know, he's never been arrested so I could care less if he wants to stay out till 4am like every other 24 year old as long as he performs well.

What was major about the hip surgery? He tore a labrum. He was practicing for a while with the injury. Its not like he needs to be in a wheelchair or anything. Nobody is defending this guys behavior, but plenty of people want to bash him for just being a 24 year old guy who likes to party. As far as I know, he's never been arrested so I could care less if he wants to stay out till 4am like every other 24 year old as long as he performs well.
Not to mention that dancing reduces calories and is good physical therapy for his rehab. As long as he is drinking water between his alcoholic beverages and some before bed he should have no problems staying hydrated. My biggest worry is that he might eat too much birthday cake.

again, the blame starts with ROSS!! there's obviously something amiss with Philbin; can't control his players.. can't control his sons.. he's always disconnected. you never hear of sh•t like this happening in Foxboro. up there it's "toe the line or gtfo".. period! and Hickey ain't gettin no pass now either.. since he claims symbiotic ownership of joined-at-the-hip status with Philbin.

all the nonsense of last season - Pouncey.. the start of this offseason - Pouncey.. injury/surgery - Pouncey.. now party, assault, police, headlines, aggravation - Pouncey. this team lacks leaders.. and the lack starts way high up.

:sidelol:

"As long as he performs well."

Never mind that setting back his rehab is going to impact his ability to perform on the field. Never mind that if he gets himself into enough trouble to be suspended by the commissioner (or team), it will impact his ability to perform on the field.

But I'm sure he's not on Roger Goodell's radar at all. And that he didn't even SNIFF alcohol or other drugs that night, right?

again, the blame starts with ROSS!! there's obviously something amiss with Philbin; can't control his players.. can't control his sons.. he's always disconnected. you never hear of sh•t like this happening in Foxboro. up there it's "toe the line or gtfo".. period! and Hickey ain't gettin no pass now either.. since he claims symbiotic ownership of joined-at-the-hip status with Philbin.

all the nonsense of last season - Pouncey.. the start of this offseason - Pouncey.. injury/surgery - Pouncey.. now party, assault, police, headlines, aggravation - Pouncey. this team lacks leaders.. and the lack starts way high up.

You mean in New England were they gave a huge contract extension to someone who found murder to be better than football - that Foxboro?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

You mean in New England were they gave a huge contract extension to someone who found murder to be better than football - that Foxboro?

Sent from my Nexus 7 FHD

and how many times has the more frequently and severely injured/rehabbing Gronk been spoken to yet is still doing his thing? Even more fundamentally - does anybody really want to hold up a team who hasn't won a SB since caught cheating as a bastion of propriety?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nope, certainly never hear about any of their pro-bowl TEs partying too much, never, never, never.

And I'm pretty sure our roster would have looked much different at the beginning of last season if Philbin had the same control Belichick does. At the very least Incognito would have been off the team and Martin would have been fighting for the starting RT spot.

Back
Top Bottom