VAN GINKEL LB VAN GINKEL yep - improved

MUNSON LB ROBERTS marginally

HARRIS LB PHILLIPS massively

BAKER LB BAKER yep – he has got better

NEEDHAM CB JONES massively

ROWE CB HOWARD massively

COLBERT S HOLLAND massively

BROOKS SS JONES yep

On the left are the starters from the 2019 week17 victory over the Pats. Some of the names from 2019 should never have been starters.

I mean… it’s nice to see it written out I guess, but if you can’t tell that the 2022 team is better than the 2019 team (which led us to the 5th overall pick) then idk what to tell you

I mean… it’s nice to see it written out I guess, but if you can’t tell that the 2022 team is better than the 2019 team (which led us to the 5th overall pick) then idk what to tell you
I'm sure there are other posters who will "fill in those gaps - LOL
Some may even be right - LOL

We have moved on from

THIS to THIS Upgrade

FITZPATRICK QB TUA In the tight system - yep

LAIRD RB EDMONDS yep

PARKER WR HILL yep

WILSON WR WADDLE yep

FORD WR WILSON yep

GESICKI TE GESICKI same

DAVENPORT LT ARMSTEAD massively

DIETER LG EICHENBERG probably

KILMORE C WILLIAMS possibly

CALHOUN RG HUNT yep

DAVIS RT JACKSON hope so

WILKINS DE WILKINS yep -he has got better

JENKINS NT DAVIS yep

GOUCHAUX DE OGBAH yep

VAN GINKEL LB VAN GINKEL yep - improved

MUNSON LB ROBERTS marginally

HARRIS LB PHILLIPS massively

BAKER LB BAKER yep – he has got better

NEEDHAM CB JONES massively

ROWE CB HOWARD massively

COLBERT S HOLLAND massively

BROOKS SS JONES yep

On the left are the starters from the 2019 week17 victory over the Pats. Some of the names from 2019 should never have been starters.

There is nothing wrong stating the obvious

Defense is identically the same except we possibly lost our best defensive play caller, don't know how that isn't a downgrade but let's hope I am wrong.

The offense on the other hand is definitely an upgrade. The oline still needs lots of work but every other position, other than possibly QB, is stacked, and even that position also got a little upgrade.

I think we can make the playoffs this year if the defense plays like it has the last 2 years. We can go 11-6 and possibly even win a game in the postseason.

Defense is identically the same except we possibly lost our best defensive play caller, don't know how that isn't a downgrade but let's hope I am wrong.

The offense on the other hand is definitely an upgrade. The oline still needs lots of work but every other position, other than possibly QB, is stacked, and even that position also got a little upgrade.

I think we can make the playoffs this year if the defense plays like it has the last 2 years. We can go 11-6 and possibly even win a game in the postseason.
One might argue the defense could be improved for a few reasons.

Added Ingram, a proven pass rusher.
A year of experience, coupled with an NFL offseason conditioning/strength program for guys like Holland and Phillips, two players with high upside potential.
Continuity in a complex system for a majority of players that will get a majority of snaps.

It may be a valid point about playcalling, but I'm not even sure about that. It is entirely possible that the one who shall not be named was actually holding the defense back early in the year, as I believe it was more than coincidence that the game plan was like night and day immediately after the trade deadline.

Back
Top Bottom